PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Transfer

psychofox
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Ive just got the 250gig drive from Amazon for the sweet price of 50.
Ive been told there is some content on it (I cant look right now, im at work).
Can anyone tell me what is on it and when I transfer my data from my old drive, will I loose the content thats on the new one?

Nozza XBA
07-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Can anyone tell me what is on it and when I transfer my data from my old drive, will I loose the content thats on the new one?

Umm.. Put your New HDD in your Xbox and have a look? Thats the most obvious one to try.

psychofox
07-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Umm.. Put your New HDD in your Xbox and have a look? Thats the most obvious one to try.

I would do, but as stated, im currently at work.
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

Nozza XBA
07-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I would do, but as stated, im currently at work.
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

LOL.. Yeah,

You can't check unless you're at your xbox and the HDD is in it! Then when you've done that have a look whats on there and delete it or keep it on!

Dont mean to flame but its pretty obvious *Waits for the "Actually it's not"*

psychofox
07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
ok, I thought someone else might have had the drive too and could tell me.
Its fine, i'll find out later then.

Thank you for the replies.

Nozza XBA
07-16-2010, 01:18 PM
ok, I thought someone else might have had the drive too and could tell me.

The Seller?

psychofox
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Bought from Amazon.

spyder2g
07-16-2010, 01:53 PM

I'm going on the assumption that it's new cause I don't think anybody but the seller could tell you what was on there if it's used. All that would be on a new HDD is some acrade demos and videos, nothing special. And believe it or not these will still be there after you transfer your data. I know because I've done it and I hated having to search through the memory to remove all the garbage.

psychofox
07-16-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm going on the assumption that it's new cause I don't think anybody but the seller could tell you what was on there if it's used. All that would be on a new HDD is some acrade demos and videos, nothing special. And believe it or not these will still be there after you transfer your data. I know because I've done it and I hated having to search through the memory to remove all the garbage.

Thank you :)

Nozza XBA
07-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Bought from Amazon.

Why's it got data on it then? You must of got it off Amazon Bidding or whatever its called.. Only the seller will know whats on it!

As Spyder said, sometime the HDD's come with some default stuff on, like XBL promo vids to get you to sign up etc.. I'd say its probably that unless its used!

Sidereal
07-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I think he was just asking if the 250GB HDDs came preloaded with anything, and if so, what that would be.

I can't offer any help in that department, as I haven't gotten my 360 S yet.

If it's not a new HDD, and the seller told you there was content on it, then everyone above is right. You'll have to check that yourself, when you get a chance.

psychofox
07-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Why's it got data on it then? You must of got it off Amazon Bidding or whatever its called.. Only the seller will know whats on it!

As Spyder said, sometime the HDD's come with some default stuff on, like XBL promo vids to get you to sign up etc.. I'd say its probably that unless its used!

Bit of a misunderstanding here, its brand new, still in blister packaging.
It was a good deal on Amazon, not their sellers site.

Thanks for the info, I wanted to know what the default stuff was.

Mean M
07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Also they sell HDD transfer kits. They only work once though, which is stupid in my opinion since more and more people are buying bigger HDD.

Coxy x360a
07-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Worded it pretty bad OP, but yeah, you will get it preloaded with crap that you don't need or want.

tweak4ever
07-20-2010, 09:20 PM
i got one from amazon a while ago, i think it was just some arcade trials and videos, nothing special

Fizzmatix
07-20-2010, 09:32 PM
I could be wrong but I may be able to shed some light on this issue seeing as no one seems to want to provide a valid answer. You may have several trials, a few games pictures and themes. Mostly things you won't want to play, though they may have also thrown in Hexic HD and Zuma as they tend to come with most drives apart from the stock ones on the consoles.

There may be a few others things but most likely it will be those things.

gamerguy69
07-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Now after reading all of this thread, I want to know what is on it also. KEEP US UPDATED!!! :)

psychofox
07-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Right guys, it had a Hexic HD game, a video to tell you why Live is good, and a Galaga Legions demo.