PDA

View Full Version : Can I connect two X-BOX 360s to LIVE at the same time?

Malikkr
07-16-2010, 03:25 PM
And if so, how? I have your standard Verizon FIOS internet. X-BOX LIVE is great for the one 360 I have connected. However, I have two 360s and I wanted to know if I could connect them both at the same time and if that would work or if it would slow down the internet to a bug's crawl or what?

p.s. The search thing kept giving me an error page when I looked for a thread like this one so don't give me crap about searching first. Need to know for party tonight.

Thank you

mosin360
07-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Use a router. I've had 12 360s connected to my cable line during LANS. We'd use one large switch connected to my router.

Malikkr
07-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I've done that too, not talking about a LAN party, we want to do some matchmaking on LIVE would connecting them to a router make them both connected to LIVE as well?

Geir1983
07-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes, the internett can support more than one xbox connected to it! lol

On a serious not, it depends on the bandwith of you connection. A quick google tells me FIOS is 5mbit down and 2 mbit up, wich is way more than you need to connect two xboxes...

But I dont think you can use the same gamertag on these two boxes online at the same time...

mosin360
07-16-2010, 03:37 PM
If the router has internet connection then yes. It's just like connecting PC's to the router. Ya thinking too hard about it.

Malikkr
07-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, the internett can support more than one xbox connected to it! lol

On a serious not, it depends on the bandwith of you connection. A quick google tells me FIOS is 5mbit down and 2 mbit up, wich is way more than you need to connect two xboxes...

But I dont think you can use the same gamertag on these two boxes online at the same time...

Alright, thanks! Yeah my friends will have there own gamertags...lol

If the router has internet connection then yes. It's just like connecting PC's to the router. Ya thinking too hard about it.

Yeah, I guess, thanks!

regulardrake
07-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Use a router. I've had 12 360s connected to my cable line during LANS. We'd use one large switch connected to my router.

Hey I was just wondering, when you guy did that where all the xboxes with open nats?

xtye
07-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Make sure your router is compatible or whatever in this list...http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/getconnected/compatiblenetworkequipment/compatiblenetworkingequipment.aspx

If it isn't listed, it might work they just haven't tested it.

RufftyMan
07-17-2010, 09:07 PM
It's all down to router compatability. I know this as I had the same problem. I could connect both xbox's to the Live no problems, but one would always have a moderate NAT whilst the other was open. Whichever was turned on first, being the one with open NAT.

As said, it's easy to find which routers are compatible with double open NAT which would allow both to be connected and work perfectly. I had to change router to a D-Link from a Netgear for this to work, although now I am suffering a lot of Live cut offs. But I think this is more due to my piss poor ISP than the router.

Hope this helps a little.

BemusedBox
07-18-2010, 12:33 AM
It's all down to router compatability. I know this as I had the same problem. I could connect both xbox's to the Live no problems, but one would always have a moderate NAT whilst the other was open. Whichever was turned on first, being the one with open NAT.

As said, it's easy to find which routers are compatible with double open NAT which would allow both to be connected and work perfectly. I had to change router to a D-Link from a Netgear for this to work, although now I am suffering a lot of Live cut offs. But I think this is more due to my piss poor ISP than the router.

Hope this helps a little.
Thanks for this info mate always wondered why this would happen i have a netgear so looks like ill be getting a new router.

GhOsT SLaYeR
07-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Looks like its answered already... but I can safely say that it will work as I use to have 2 xbox's hooked up 2 live all the time (mine n my dads/bro's) and you both can play at the same time also. Which I currently still do if my friend brings theirs over.... If u become host in (say MW2) its like have 2 hosts in the lobby as you will be host and they will have approx 1-15 ping...

(which an average good connection on live is around 80-120 (also depending on how the game registers ping.. Cod2 had best way of doing it.. Singularity on the other hand 120 is a bad ping... go figure.)

Hitchman
07-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Between my room-mate and myself we have 3 perfectly functioning xboxs that are on xbox live at the moment.

As long as your not dial-up you will be fine.

TsarBlandi
07-18-2010, 07:15 PM
DONT DO IT THE INTERNET WILL BREAK, NOTHING CAN ROUTE DATA BETWEEN TW...o wait... get a router...

vv uk garf vv
07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
2 should be fine.
we have 3 360's 2 desktop pc's 2 laptops and 2 xbox 1's connected(media centers) and we ok :)