PDA

View Full Version : Games in wrong order?

ReignerRuler
07-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I recently purchased both Street Fighter 2 and Blacklight, however both are appearing at the bottom of my achievment list whenever I play them for some reason and Street Fighter says I last played it last year, which is impossible! The achievements I have on both games have the proper dates but I dont get why they are appearing at the bottom?

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/ReignerRuler/AchievementMistake.jpg

Sidereal
07-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Easy. Xbox.com is completely glitch-ridden. No big deal.

ReignerRuler
07-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Easy. Xbox.com is completely glitch-ridden. No big deal.

It also appears like that via console?

Sidereal
07-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Because it fetches the data from Xbox.com?

Bleeding Star
07-16-2010, 05:17 PM

So when I play my game it takes the information off xbox.com to place it 1st on my gamercard on my system?

I doubt it

Sidereal
07-16-2010, 05:21 PM
It goes both ways. Xbox.com is having issues, has been for a few days. There are problems coming up everywhere, such as missing GamerCards that show up only as ??????, achievements that don't even appear on the list, people appearing offline even when they aren't set to appear offline.

The data from the Xbox gets sent to the server, but if the server is fucking up, that data has a chance of not going through properly.

I'm pretty sure the data goes from console to server, and then from server back to console to verify everything is synced and in order.

I'm more curious as to why it's even an issue. Does it really matter where in the list your games appear?

Starstrukk X360A
07-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Just give it some time; eventually all these errors that have been popping up will disappear. It's not really that huge of a deal; I do admit it can be pretty distracting though.

Bleeding Star
07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
It goes both ways. Xbox.com is having issues, has been for a few days. There are problems coming up everywhere, such as missing GamerCards that show up only as ??????, achievements that don't even appear on the list, people appearing offline even when they aren't set to appear offline.

The data from the Xbox gets sent to the server, but if the server is fucking up, that data has a chance of not going through properly.

Again, don't see how that could affect his system

Sidereal
07-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Then I can't explain it to you any easier than I already have.

OP: Disconnect from Live, play a game. Does it go to the top of the list?

Spanish Assault
07-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Did you recover your GT on another console? When I did that on my brothers xbox when I was visting him it changed the order of a bunch of games I played.

ReignerRuler
07-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Then I can't explain it to you any easier than I already have.

OP: Disconnect from Live, play a game. Does it go to the top of the list?

Ill try it and see, though I have played Tekken 6 since and thats at the top of the list.

Did you recover your GT on another console? When I did that on my brothers xbox when I was visting him it changed the order of a bunch of games I played.

My profile has corrupted alot recently, though i've only recovered it to the same console. The recoveries have caused all the games I had played before getting online to get moved to near the top of my list, however I havent recovered my profile since buying those 2 games.

EDIT2: Just played SF and earned another achievement, yet it remains at the bottom...or second from the bottom.

TobbeB
07-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Let's say you've re-downloaded a few arcade games and then you sign in to another profile and try to play one of those arcade games they'll show up as trail versions.

But if you load up the arcade game with the profile who own the arcade game and then sign out and then in to your second profile and then unlock a few achievements the game will show up on the bottom of the gamelist.

I'm sure there's other ways for this to happen but this is the one way I know.

Juiceh
07-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Both systems use the same database for fetching Account data (login, games, personal info). Would be pretty weird if your xbox generated the page, then analyses that page to get raw info, while this raw info is already in the database it just got the info from to create the page.

Spanish Assault
07-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Honestly does it really matter what order? As long as they are time stamped who cares.

fudgenuts64
07-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I have an issue related to this. A lot of times orignial Xbox games will come up as my last game played, even if I haven't played it in months. It's really annoying and it caused me to remove every original Xbox game from my Gamercard.