PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the new Xbox 360?

baddawg12
07-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Are there any big problems with the new Xbox 360 yet? I heard about the issue where if you move the console with the disk inside it scratches the hell out of it. Are there any other problems? Should that issue alone stop me from not getting the new 360?

Trash Man
07-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Are there any big problems with the new Xbox 360 yet? I heard about the issue where if you move the console with the disk inside it scratches the hell out of it. Are there any other problems? Should that issue alone stop me from not getting the new 360?

If you are stupid enough to move a games console while it's spinning a disc you don't deserve to own it.

That's not aimed at you. Just a general statement :)

Bleeding Star
07-16-2010, 05:18 PM
If you are stupid enough to move a games console while it's spinning a disc you don't deserve to own it.

That's not aimed at you. Just a general statement :)

it also happens with any 360

Not correcting you, just adding to your point

I have heard nothing bad about the new 360

Japanese Table
07-16-2010, 05:31 PM
The only thing I don't like about the new 360 is the huge vent on the side...looks like a huge dust collector which scares me.

Teve0rz
07-16-2010, 06:11 PM
I work in a Game store, and today the only problem that occured was in some of the consoles the HDD isnt properly inserted. All you have to do to fix it is pull it out and click it back in. Simple

Colie CCFC
07-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I bought the Xbox 360 Slim today, I now its probably to early to call but I don't see many problems occurring in terms of overheating and the likes.The only slightly worrying thing is that there is alot of hot air circulating around the console and might do damage to system if its on for too long?

mmartynn
07-16-2010, 08:18 PM
nah, this system basically has all the bugs ironed out. i dont like how one side of the console (and your discs) get really hot tho.

rvlution
07-16-2010, 08:19 PM
I work in a Game store, and today the only problem that occured was in some of the consoles the HDD isnt properly inserted. All you have to do to fix it is pull it out and click it back in. Simple

I thought the Slim didn't have an external harddrive...

Bleeding Star
07-16-2010, 08:20 PM
I thought the Slim didn't have an external harddrive...

It doesnt

its a removable internal HD

rvlution
07-16-2010, 08:22 PM
It doesnt

its a removable internal HD

Oh, ok. That makes me a little more open to buying one then.

Bleeding Star
07-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh, ok. That makes me a little more open to buying one then.

Its completely different to the current model

You cant use it on the older versions of the xbox and you cant swap it for your old HD

If you did buy one you would have to either start again or transfer all data

R a z z a
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
nah, this system basically has all the bugs ironed out. i dont like how one side of the console (and your discs) get really hot tho.

Your new xbox gets hot? Mine has been on for about 7hours straight now and there hardly any heat coming from it. Compared to my old xbox which was like a heater which sounded like a hoover.

Braiiins
07-16-2010, 10:52 PM
I've only heard of it once, but someone made a thread the other day saying that their slim was making more noise for certain games compared to their elite.

wildlatics09
07-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I heard about the issue where if you move the console with the disk inside it scratches the hell out of it.

this happened to my fifa 09 when i was so annoyed i shoved my xbox lol...999g on that game - serves me right i suppose... btw this was on my 20g 'old' xbox so you know - nothing new there...

Jethrow
07-16-2010, 11:37 PM
only issue i have is my controller, I have to push the back button pretty hard to get it to work, but i probably just got a bad apple thats all. other than that i have no issues with mine.

mmartynn
07-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Your new xbox gets hot? Mine has been on for about 7hours straight now and there hardly any heat coming from it. Compared to my old xbox which was like a heater which sounded like a hoover.

yeh, not as hot as the old systems, but the port where the fan is does get pretty hot. rest of the console stays cold tho.

ApochWeiss
07-17-2010, 09:37 AM
this happened to my fifa 09 when i was so annoyed i shoved my xbox lol...999g on that game - serves me right i suppose... btw this was on my 20g 'old' xbox so you know - nothing new there...

I got ticked off at my girl for driving me batshit crazy while I was playing something (JUST loaded the damned game, forget what it was) and I pushed the moving table it and my laptop were on back so I could get up. It got stuck on a wire and both the lappy and 360 went flying backwards WITH the table landing on top.

it was a gift from Buddha.

Neither the laptop, running 360, nor the game inside I was playing, got damaged in ANY way. I swear to you all, I stood there in shock for 6 minutes, and my girl's apeshit fest went silent. Wins all around!

As for this topic, I'm glad to hear that so far there's no real problems. I was considering getting one soon, so it makes me feel good that it doesn't have any reason problems to it.

Ryot Control
07-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Fish around here for my insight on the new slim.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=237115

Khublahkhan
07-17-2010, 10:21 AM
i just brought the new 360....so far i have had no problems. cant believe how quiet it is!

stewiedude
07-22-2010, 06:49 AM
iv only encountered one so far and its major, it used to read games and now it just wont even try to read it, it just pops in and instantly goes to open tray, so idk if its just mine or what but other then this, i have no complaints, very quiet, small, looks good 2

Jdm
07-22-2010, 09:13 AM
So far I've heard that the PSU (power brick) has some issues. Those issues can lead to the Slim overheating. That's all I got so far by reading reviews. Thank goodness...

Toshioa
07-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Had mine a couple of days now and it seems to be all ok *touch wood*. It does get very hot on top of the console but thats mainly because all the heat from the console is vented through that one section. The rest of the console (including the sides, back and opposite side to the fan) is completely stone cold and it is a great deal more quiet than the original or the elites!

I have heard of a few complaints including discs not being read correctly, over heating and a few network issues, but as far as I know these have been very isolated cases and their not flooding in like the original when it was first released. Glad to hear the Red Ring of Death has been replaced with the Red LED of death :P lol.

Shnozzarooney
07-22-2010, 12:27 PM
no issues with mine either!!!

mosin360
07-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Moving a device with a spinning disc inside that's not designed to be moved isn't a issue nor a problem with the device. It's user error and most likely they are just stupid tools.

static442
07-22-2010, 05:20 PM
I've had no problems with mine yet :) slight problem with moving my saves and lots all of them but oh well i guess

T FUNK 1984
07-22-2010, 05:29 PM
So far no problems for me either. In fact it's better than I thought it would be. It's much faster when navigating the dashboard, so quiet even when playing a disc, I love the touch buttons for the power and disc tray, it's not as much of a finger print magnet as I had assumed it would be and my file transfer went very smoothly :)

K3V0RK14N
07-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I picked mine up a week ago and have had no problems at all except wanting to replace some of my accessories with black ones. Best investment I've made in a while. I'm still amazed by how quite it is, and seeing with all my dlc, that I still have 200G left on the hdd is quite nice.