PDA

View Full Version : Controller Battery Packs

ARZ
07-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know what the deal is with the controller battery packs? I can't seem to find them at any retailer - online or brick and mortar. Last thing I need is another play and charge kit...I just want a battery pack!

Are they phasing them out for some shiny ones for the new slim?

I know I can get them on ebay or the Amazon marketplace...was just wondering if anyone knew why they weren't readily available anymore from the big retailers.

DarkCreations
07-16-2010, 07:30 PM
You can get them off GAME, but they say they're currently out of stock.

http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/Xbox-360/Controllers-and-Accessories-Controller-Accessories/Xbox-360-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-Black/~r331496/?s=xbox360+battery+pack

There's also GAMEware ones for 3.49 and in different colours, not just black.

Sidereal
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Pretty sure they don't get sold on their own in retail stores because there'd be no way to charge them.

Yeah, I realise you have a cord so you don't need another one, but I think the marketing standpoint is to buy the battery pack, and you get the charging cord with it.

But I might be wrong on that, so /shrug

ARZ
07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
It's pretty frustrating because I know they used to. I bought about 4 of them over the past 2 years for about $10 each - just the battery pack.

Hrm...guess I either have to wait a month or so or get on ebay if I can't wait.

Capn Doug
07-16-2010, 09:06 PM
In all fairness, I have two play and charge kits and three packs. The pack I bought individually just doesn't hold a charge at all, and I know a few people who have had the same problem. Sometimes it is just a safer bet to buy the package with the item that works as opposed to the individual item where you take your chances.

ARZ
07-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the advice, Capn. I think I'll survive another month with what I have and see if anything pops up...then I'll start looking for deals on PnC kits if nothing presents itself.

wildlatics09
07-16-2010, 11:18 PM
ring up your local game and see if theyre in there - or go down to the town cente - theres always gamestation as well, and if theres a cex, chances are youll find one there. i personally hate P&C - they get unplugged real easy and the battery lasts less than 5 mins - get battery packs - i have 3 wireless and a wireless mod all with spare batteries and battery packs

phoenix029
07-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Official ones are 13 at Tesco. I would say to keep getting the elite black ones as the list for the slim doesnt say there will be a new battery pack. Anyway if it was shiny it would be awful and get fingerprints all over. I find that unofficial ones tend to die very quickly.

Cubs1979
08-19-2010, 08:13 PM
try HMV fella, i work there n we sell em bud

LostCastle
08-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Rechargeable Controller Battery Pack: Video Games

They're for sale on Amazon in a very wide variety of colors.

JaCKsWaS7eDL1Fe
08-20-2010, 02:06 AM
dude i got stuck with this same problem a few months ago...between me and my brother we had 6 battery packs...5 stopped working in the same month. I looked and looked and found them nowhere (discontinued because secretly defective?)

Just go to target and by the 20 dollar energizer rechargeable battery thing...works great. more reliable than cheap MS batteries

Burning Karma
08-20-2010, 02:50 AM
Just go to target and by the 20 dollar energizer rechargeable battery thing...works great. more reliable than cheap MS batteries
I use the Duracell ones, but they work great.

EliteShadowMan
08-20-2010, 02:57 AM
went to gamestop today to pre-order Halo: Reach and i also was going there for a recharger and battery pack. i saw that you could get them by itself without the battery recharger.

Damian227
08-20-2010, 12:05 PM
You're better off buying Energizer rechargable batteries... they last longer, don't get gradually weaker and recharge to max in an hour... unlike those piece of crap cables that seem to get bad connection after a short while.

Burnout x360a
08-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I use rechargable batteries, reccommend energizer as the quick charger i have charges them fully in 1 hour.

T0b3
08-20-2010, 12:33 PM
That's exactly the same problem I once had. And the even bigger problem was to find a Quick Charge Kit. Now I have 3 battery packs and once I find more, I'll buy them. But no store in Berlin sells those anymore. Dunno why.

CrucialRele
08-20-2010, 12:36 PM
are the battery packs the way to go? I still use the old AA batteries... new to xbox, so any info would be great.

T0b3
08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
are the battery packs the way to go? I still use the old AA batteries... new to xbox, so any info would be great.

Battery packs + Quick Charge Kit = Win.

It saves money (Compared to buying non-recharchable batteries) and when your battery pack's empty, you just replace it with a fully charged. Done. No searching for batteries, no using Play'n'Charge kit.