PDA

View Full Version : Gears of war DLC on two accounts?

guillermo316
07-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Does the DLC of gears of war 2 work if i'm playing on another account on the same xbox 360. i have one account that i download the all fronts DLC on then made a new one and can i still play the all fronts DLC? also does the answer apply to all DLC? is DLC ever locked to one account?

Mister Buds
07-16-2010, 09:18 PM
dlc will work with any account as long as the account that originally downloaded it is on the same console.

guillermo316
07-16-2010, 09:21 PM
dlc will work with any account as long as the account that originally downloaded it is on the same console.

thank's dude i'm going to play gears of war on my new account and i 'm going to try for Lv 100! man that going to be torture!

Shinobi273
07-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Does the DLC of gears of war 2 work if i'm playing on another account on the same xbox 360. i have one account that i download the all fronts DLC on then made a new one and can i still play the all fronts DLC? also does the answer apply to all DLC? is DLC ever locked to one account?

As long as the purchasing account is signed in (playing or not), any other account on the same xbox can use the DLC. The DLC is linked/locked to the purchasing account. This applies to all DLC.

IGzxManiiac
07-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Not entirely true Shinobi, I have played DLC's on this account with my original not signed in. However for whatever reason the Gears of War 2 DLC does seem to be as you say linked/locked to the original account purchaser as I found out in the 8xp event, as I had to have my original account signed in as a second controller to use the DLC. But as I said other games such as Splinter Cell I did not and never have signed in my original account while playing it and the DLC was still playable.

jedijaxpavan
07-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Not entirely true Shinobi, I have played DLC's on this account with my original not signed in. However for whatever reason the Gears of War 2 DLC does seem to be as you say linked/locked to the original account purchaser as I found out in the 8xp event, as I had to have my original account signed in as a second controller to use the DLC. But as I said other games such as Splinter Cell I did not and never have signed in my original account while playing it and the DLC was still playable.

yes this is true. i think it depends on the game. my wife plays Borderlands on my 360 with the DLC. i can be playing another game on her 360 on live and she is still able to play the DLC.

Ryot Control
07-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Ok, DLC is licensed to one xbox system and HDD. So when you purchase or transfer licenses to anything you buy, as long as the HDD and system stayed paired, ANY profile may use the licensed content, wither it be game, DLC or download.

But people who have purchased content have the ability to use their purchased content in any system, as long as they are on live at the time. So a common workaround for people who have two systems is to purchase the game/LDC license on one system, and play online with the purchasing tag on any other xbox.

A common practice for self-efficent people who prefer to boost multiplayer games by themselves, like me. (The payoff is you don't have to help the other guy after you get yours, cutting boosting time in half.)

So yes, you can essentially use your purchased DLC in two systems, as long as the HDD and the System remained paired, and the purchasing tag plays online.