PDA

View Full Version : Ragequit!!!!

katesith
07-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Okay! So, I was doing Mile High Club on Veteran and I reached the hostage, I kill the dude, but the timer didn't reset after the enemy died so as soon as the door was blown off the plane blew up with me in it! I know this wasn't supposed to happen, I yelled, and just turned off the Xbox. Post your worst rage quit story here. For some reason I have a feeling there are going to be many Gears 2 rage quits.

Skillet
07-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I read this thread and I ragequit the internet.

Opiate42
07-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Mile High Club made me pretty mad, still don't have it.

Mine: Oddly MW....2!

Playing that game online....with all those glitching modding douchebags has made me throw my controller more than a few times. *I really have to stop that, those things aren't cheap...

After several games in a row of knifing, headshotting and point blank shotgunning guys and THEY DON'T DIE they only turn around and shoot me with an FAL for an instant kill...because that makes sense. Seeing me die in the killcam...the FAL fires like a F***'n ACR...or they knife me from 40 feet away....or god knows what else.

Yah I quit and haven't played since. For my sanity I stick with SP games now.

The Brownie Bandit
07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
I was was playing CoD: WaW on "Vendetta" on veteran. I was going along fine, until I ran into that damn German sniper that took like 7 shots to kill him when he could just drop me in 1 shot. So I played Gears 2 to blow off some steam :D

katesith
07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Purely amazing! I give plus 5 internets so you when you ragequit you can go to another one. But I like it. *Puts quote in sig*

Braiiins
07-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Mostly just on puzzle games or games where you have to do something a certain way/certain amount of time. Trials comes to mind, not being able to get past certain obstacles and spending 10 minutes at one point.

irJessica
07-16-2010, 11:09 PM
I can't really think of any off the top of my head...
About an hour ago I was attempting Mass Effect 2's insanity and got stuck so I turned it off and ended up on here :)

wildlatics09
07-16-2010, 11:11 PM
hey you guys - cod4, 5, and mw2 were all easy to 1k/1,500 for me??? i hate games like pgr where you have to complete on platinum, or online achievements because theyre pretty hard :P

Zainy521
07-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Playing against some d-bag cheater in CoD4 caused me to spike my controller and break it, forcing me to quit...

dakisbac
07-17-2010, 12:20 AM

So very witty...

I've experienced a lot of "you've got to be fucking kidding me" gaming moments since I've basically played my whole life but I couldn't tell you the worst. The most recent though was on DoA4 on survival mode. Guess who lost on opponent #100?

JackJumpsCandle
07-17-2010, 12:21 AM
I was playing Split/Second multiplayer in Survival and the guy in front of me died, and the wreckage of his car caused me to spin out and lose the game. Threw my controler at the ground.

Xylon Uxkid
07-17-2010, 12:36 AM
This is going to be funny, but I often ragequit in Pokemon (Battle Tower). It is very annoying lose because a confusion or a sand-attack spammer.

guillermo316
07-17-2010, 12:53 AM
i don't rage quit i just sigh quit. -.-

EliteShadowMan
07-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Going for the 100 waves completion in backbreaker....had about 80 or so lives around wave 78 in tackle alley...lost them all around wave 96. i was so freaking pissed, i threw my controller, and a bunch of other stuff in my room, gave up on the game for 2 days, went back and got the achievement on my first try lol.

Yunder
07-17-2010, 01:19 AM

I read this post and I ragequit life.

MaNiiAC
07-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Okay! So, I was doing Mile High Club on Veteran and I reached the hostage.

Ya I made it to him & killed the dude & the timer stop & the damn thing blew up after that I quite playing Cod4 & have not played it since.

TVthePunisher
07-17-2010, 01:28 AM
I have never ragequit. Rather, my rage continues and I cannot help but continue playing until I get it done right...eventually the rage becomes a morbid insanity, where I babble weird stuff in a highpitched and sometimes low voice as I twist my face in pure anger and the words themselves tend to end up begging God to just let me beat this section and be done with it.

Games I've experienced such things on: Call of Duty 4 (Veteran), N+, some old games from the past and I have cracked open/knocked loose a button or control stick/damaged severely but NEVER broken a controller in rage.

EmporerDragon
07-17-2010, 04:20 AM
I can't think of any story worthy ragequits I've done myself, but I can think of a funny incident where I caused others to rage quit:

While playing Delta Force 2 for the PC online, I found myself against a team of hackers (using a hack that teleports them behind an opponent, thenk knifing them for an instant KO). Everyone else on my team starts quitting because it's not fun nor is it possible to win. Everyone except me. I instead choose to stay dead and not hit the respawn button. Even though I was dead, I was still considered in the game and thus the game would not end because there were still players on both teams. This effectively forced the hackers to either wait it out until the end of the game (which was 40 minutes away) or quit and receive a loss on their "perfect" record. I won that match.

Atrum Kardia
07-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Haha, well 2 years ago i was playing Guitar Hero 3's Through The Fire And Flames on Expert and i had my xbox on the floor( was a one time thing). And i got so mad without even thinking about it just gave my xbox a big kick and the disc got all scratched up. I was having Guitar Hero withdrawls. haha

iPod Taste
07-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Hexic HD.... Yes... Hexic HD.
I had 6 black pearl things (Is that what they are called?) and during the nervous process of making a hex out of them I messed it up and got 3 black pearls together and eliminated them.... I turned of my Xbox while screaming and went out side to skate a little. Never again I have tried "Grand Pearl Poo-Bah"
Hellish achievement. :mad:

OldSkoolGamer
07-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Back when I was a kid playing the NES I used to throw the controller to the floor. I don't do that anymore now that I'm an adult and have to pay for my own controllers hahaha, now I just swear my mother&#!*n arse off.

Efase
07-17-2010, 06:16 AM
This is going to be funny, but I often ragequit in Pokemon (Battle Tower). It is very annoying lose because a confusion or a sand-attack spammer.

Sand-Attack spammer, sigh. Those guys are hateful.
My last ragequit was at Fallout 3 when i learned that my friend deleted my main character as a prank. I threw my controller and turned off the xbox.

EliteShadowMan
07-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Sand-Attack spammer, sigh. Those guys are hateful.
My last ragequit was at Fallout 3 when i learned that my friend deleted my main character as a prank. I threw my controller and turned off the xbox.

Wow i would throw the controller at the kids face...what a dick lol.

I usually mess with my friends by changing the difficulty to hard or something when they have to go to the bathroom, but thats just ridiculous lol.

katesith
07-17-2010, 07:29 AM
I have never ragequit. Rather, my rage continues and I cannot help but continue playing until I get it done right...eventually the rage becomes a morbid insanity, where I babble weird stuff in a highpitched and sometimes low voice as I twist my face in pure anger and the words themselves tend to end up begging God to just let me beat this section and be done with it.

Games I've experienced such things on: Call of Duty 4 (Veteran), N+, some old games from the past and I have cracked open/knocked loose a button or control stick/damaged severely but NEVER broken a controller in rage.
N+ was a game made to make you ragequit. I was on N+ once and before reaching the reachpoint on the final stage of that episode time ran out as I landed in it. Broke the RT that night.

GHLougar
07-17-2010, 07:37 AM
N+ was a game made to make you ragequit. I was on N+ once and before reaching the reachpoint on the final stage of that episode time ran out as I landed in it. Broke the RT that night.

I hate the last episodes in that game. They are so hard to accomplish, and when you get that "ah-ha!" moment, the thing that draws you back is the time meter running out. I refuse to try again until I regain interest.

master_shake_350
07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
That dam sniping level in CoD: WaW made me ragequit.

Infection Ftw
07-17-2010, 10:52 AM
I did have a lot of ragemoments but I don't throw anything around and often I just keep trying and becoming more mad each time:p About Mile High I shot the damn hostage 3 times before I succeeded..

Also at CoD: WaW you got a mission where you need to fight in those manhole things or what are they called and it took me over 30 minutes to clear them and I went on waiting for a checkpoint and I got shot at the next part... so I did all over again and went to the same spot and quickly turned back and ran and at that moment I got a checkpoint..Wrong order>.>

TVthePunisher
07-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I hate the last episodes in that game. They are so hard to accomplish, and when you get that "ah-ha!" moment, the thing that draws you back is the time meter running out. I refuse to try again until I regain interest.

Fully agreed, especially in the final episode (or was it the one before? I'll have to check when I get a chance). Anyways, it's either the third level or the fourth level, where you have to navigate a MINE MAZE and I beat it WITHOUT retrying the previous levels to gain more time. I was so determined to do it the way I was doing it, that I was struggling with between 5-20 seconds at almost all times left on the clock to navigate the damned thing. Then the next level infuriated me due to my lack of remaining time (I think I managed to get it up to 30 seconds, but still).

Time Meter = Fail. Good for rankings, bad for people who just want to beat these difficulties. Oh and then there was some sort of Advanced levels? I don't think I ever tried those...

adriano28
07-17-2010, 11:26 AM
probrably on fifa 09 i was winning 3-0 and the opponent scored 4 goals in 10 mins so i ragequitted and he sent me loads of hate messages.

DigitalFury
07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't know if anyone will know what I'm talking about but here goes:

Single player Powderstone missions on Monster Hunter for the PS2...... Yuck, they make me angry just thinking about them.

FRANKSEY
07-17-2010, 01:58 PM
ufc online, not the games fault, but the people that are too good at this games fault.

while i dont quit during the game as i like my 0% DNF more then my record (74-160) i know pathetic haha. i only need 26 ranked wins to 100% ufc 2010

Caspiel
07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Playing Raining Blood on expert was my biggest ragequit. Trying to get 5 stars for the achievement for 5 starring all expert songs. It took me 3 months to get that achievement because of Raining Blood.

I had the perfect run going and I was confident that I was gonna get a 5 star. I was sitting there nicely playing the song on near full Star Power waiting to use it in the optimal place. Then I shifted my position and I see the fretboard illuminate with blue. My super-sensitive Les Paul GH3 guitar has activated Star Power because I moved my leg to get more comfortable. At the end of the song I had 220k and I threw my GH3 Guitar on the ground and left the room (the cutoff for 5 star is 227k). SHit was not cash. I didn't play Guitar Hero 3 for about 2 and a half months after that, then I went back and got a Raining blood 5 star first go no trouble.

Xanamaros
07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Street Fighter, 'nuff said.

_DaNnY_
07-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Okay! So, I was doing Mile High Club on Veteran and I reached the hostage, I kill the dude, but the timer didn't reset after the enemy died so as soon as the door was blown off the plane blew up with me in it! I know this wasn't supposed to happen, I yelled, and just turned off the Xbox. Post your worst rage quit story here. For some reason I have a feeling there are going to be many Gears 2 rage quits.

Too many ragequits to recount.. but most of them are gears 2/halo. For some reason cod never has me ragequitting, I suppose it lags less for me.

I rageTHREWmymotherFUCKINGcontroller with mile high club though, luckily I've done that now. And once you do it the first time you'll find you can repeatedly do it over and over again as you know exactly where to flashbang, sprint and crouch and whatever.

Sega Superstar Tennis had me rageFUCKmyLIFE. Fucking game. "Oh it's a kids game it must be easy" Fuck your life. It's harder to 1k/complete than Gears Of War 2, GTA 4 and Halo 3 combined. Simple. You try AAA all the Jet Set Radio Challenges. Not gonna happen fast, if at all. There's a reason it has a 7.0 ratio on TA and that's because it fucking sucks donkey balls! Shit is insanely hard and the controls make it all that much worse. Alas, 30 hours of repeating the same level over and over again and I finally got that sweet AAA! It was almost as good as pussy for the first time.. but not quite.

Street Fighter IV is full of crap as well. Fuck that game. I have a fightpad and it's like 1% easier than it was before. Seriously, the controls are fucked on that game. DO NOT PLAY THAT GAME.

Basically anybody without a life (*glances at own gamerscore*) can 1k the COD series/gow/halo and GTA. They are just very time consuming. Sega Superstar Tennis actually requires skill! You can play the damn thing for 100 hours and not be certain of getting any G'z!

lordthrash
07-17-2010, 11:24 PM
In Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, trying to get all platinums in a campaign. I hate timed games but i love Transformers so i guess you could say that i have created my own hell. I literally lost my voice for a day because i cussed so much that i would have made a sailor blush!:)

BemusedBox
07-18-2010, 12:28 AM
The last game that made me ragequit was planet 51 2 times through it and 1 missing collectable not happy.

Br0kenAssass1n
07-18-2010, 12:31 AM
I generally won't ragequit on single player games, simply because I'm too stubborn and point blank refuse to give up until I've done the bit I'm stuck on; Online is a different story. I consider myself a fair play kinda guy, but when a lot of bullshit goes on in a match (usually FIFA), I'll get more pissed off with myself than the game and quit, turn off the 360 and swear at myself.

Doesn't happen a lot, but enough for me to notice a pattern.

rvlution
07-18-2010, 02:01 AM
I've wanted to smash many guitars while playing Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

TVthePunisher
07-18-2010, 02:35 AM
I've wanted to smash many guitars while playing Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

Out of rage or for show? =P just like a True Rocker if ya did.

FlyingShadow
07-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Damn it all! Really? ... Reaaaally? Stupid training levels made me perma-shelf it! Good game from what I played, but you shouldn't be forced into doing a training level.;;

institutions
07-18-2010, 07:15 AM
I actually ragequit earlier.
I was playing Rock Band 1 Expert Drums solo tour.
I made it up to level 8, beat Enter Sandman, beat Cherub Rock, beat another song on that level (forgot what it was), beat Foreplay/Longtime (luckily on my first try. Foreplay is a bitch).
Started up Don't Fear The Reaper. It wasn't too hard but I saved my overdrive until I really needed it. I used all of it on the red rolls. Failed the song at 84% D:
The section I failed on wasn't that hard, it just surprised me, so I tried again.
Failed at 85%

I didn't really ragequit. I stood up in an angry fashion, threw my sticks down, and pushed the off button on my 360 forcefully. Then I ate some pizza.

dragonpwnr99
07-18-2010, 07:26 AM
well i ragequit MW2 not a real good story but i just got damned tired of asshole campers knifers and the lot so right now the only multiplayer games (FPS wise) is CoD:WaW and halo 3 hoping black ops online will be as good as WaW was lol

piwo4me
07-18-2010, 07:27 AM

LOL ... epic man. Great stuff.

Gamerdude5448
07-18-2010, 07:29 AM
well there was this one time on Your Baby Can Read...

Heroo
07-18-2010, 08:51 AM
That achievement honestly took me an 3 hours.

SubG3nius
07-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I have ragequit many times, many many times, mostly because of MW2 and other COD games when you jump in a game where your team is getting raped and everyone on your team seems to suck badly and there are multiple enemy killstreaks in the air.

Post no. 666 (Y)

Dirty130
07-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Ok, I don't know how many of you have played the Kane & Lynch 2 Demo, but that game/demo is full of ragequiters. They're pretty funny to watch. They turn Traitor within seconds of the round starting, get destroyed by everyone else and quit. Been seeing this for almost 2 weeks now while playing the Demo.
I NEVER quit when host and rarely leave as a player. Just sayin' before the haters attack me.

TVthePunisher
07-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I have ragequit many times, many many times, mostly because of MW2 and other COD games when you jump in a game where your team is getting raped and everyone on your team seems to suck badly and there are multiple enemy killstreaks in the air.

Post no. 666 (Y)

OH LORDY, WE'SA HAVE A BLASPHEMER IN OUR MIDSTS! Oh Bertha, DAMN IT WOMAN GET ME MY BIBLE! Time to send this demon, BACK TO THE HELLS FROM WHICH IT CAMETH! DO YA HEAR ME, HEATHEN?! I SHALL BEAT THE DEVIL OUT OF YOU AND FILL YOU WITH THE LORD, AS YOU PERISH INTO THE FLAMES OF OBLIVION!

I also ragequit life whenever I wake up from dreams where I'm about to get laid. I got a wife but...strange dream women man...

NickA92
07-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Mile High Club is easy :D
Obviously first time, it took me about 20 try's, but on a number of occasions I've gone to a friends house, and done it first or second time. But thats a little :offtopic:

Probably, the most frustrating thing that's ever happened to me on XBL would be random disconnects. Especially on Halo 3, I would often be winning a game, looking to be on course for a win, and then my internet will drop. Causing me not only to lose out on a win, but also to lose EXP.

Mitsurugi1981
07-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Hmmm, happens every now and then to me.
Most recent game was Don King presents: Prizefighter. Played on Hard, the game was piss easy. until i came to the 2nd "Survive the Round" classic match (dunno the name of the fighters anymore). I swear, i broke 1 Controller completely, and the 2nd one nearly.
I finally managed to survive the freakin round anfter ~20 times rage quitting.

Daiphyer.
07-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Those assholes with Torque Bow in Gears of War 2 in legendary. Fuck 'em.

Obi-Brown
07-18-2010, 10:46 PM
i forgot what i was playing at the time (gears of war perhaps), but i threw the controller and kicked the tv. controller never worked quite as well, clicking RS would stick sometimes. the tv had a hole in the side and never worked again.
no so bad as a guy i knew, threw several consoles out his 10th floor window

RenegadeFlanker
07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
i dont particularly have a good rage quit story but usualy when i get off of a CoD game its a ragequit.

jediknights
07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Getting chainsawed when youre the leader on guardian and no one on your team protects you. :(

Opiate42
07-19-2010, 06:16 PM
i don't rage quit i just sigh quit. -.-

That's very Zen of you. I really must try that, controllers aren't cheap.

ChrissyX50
07-21-2010, 11:48 PM
One kill away from a nuke. 'Nuff said.

hodge
07-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I generally ragequit on MW2 or if i get stuck badly on a game. I've never thrown a controller, but if i'm talking to a friend, I get really angry and shout and swear at everyone =P

OZ aus
07-22-2010, 03:10 AM
UFC 2010. Instant subs. Enough said.
Game disc ended up under the couch for 2 weeks after i flicked it across the lounge room.

SupportSniperX
07-22-2010, 03:22 AM
I know this probably sounds stupid but I ragequit hard on Turok, the new one.
At then damn tank part I FINALLY made it after hours and hours of it.
I turned around and -BAM- im dead -_- chucked my controller, rolled up into a ball and screamed for a bit. :mad:

Milimanci
07-22-2010, 03:25 AM
A lot of times in MW2, host migrations steal my kills. Then I go :boom:boom:boom with ma RPG!

piwo4me
07-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Call of Duty Classic on Veteran, clearing out Pavlov's House. Holy christ, that level alone took me a couple months of trying because I kept rage quitting after getting pawned 50 million times by enemies of destiny that would kill you in one hit thru a crack in the celling or wall or is you survived had no health and since you need over 50% health for the game to give you a check point and yeah no health recharge or health packs in veteran. Yeah good luck since you aren't half way thru the level yet.

Damian227
07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Too many to count - I had a major one on Fight Night Round 4. I was completely outboxing the guy, yet somehow he'd just rapid the stick about to spam block and managed to hit me on the counter constantly... I then flipped my lid when I was flash KO'd by a counter... when I hadn't even thrown a punch. I wish people actually boxed on that game...

Had a minor one on UFC 2009 the other day. Trying to take this guys back for a Rear Naked Choke in Round 3 (was towards an achievement). I wore him down, had his back several times in R1 and R2 (just ensuring I could get it... but then in R3 he countered everything, I just couldn't get his back and somehow got tapped out myself. I went ballistic... my girlfriend told me off for screaming abuse at the screen and throwing my pad haha

iBlessing 09
07-28-2010, 11:09 PM
24 kilkstreak and then lagging off Highrise.

tweak4ever
07-28-2010, 11:25 PM
when a game pisses me off, I never scream at it or throw shit...

I just turn it off for about an hour then go back to it.

I usually get it on the first try after that

AlberichMX
07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
For me is in MotoGP '06, i'm going to win my first race in that game and the ^&$%$%#$#@ second place got the awesome idea of crash on me in one of the last curves :mad:, that son of ^%$$#%$$@ and then since 2008 i don't play MotoGP '06... yes i don't play it anymore thats why is a big 0 in my played games :(

N3xus Gam3r
07-28-2010, 11:34 PM
For me is in MotoGP '06, i'm going to win my first race in that game and the ^&$%$%#$#@ second place got the awesome idea of crash on me in one of the last curves :mad:, that son of ^%$$#%$$@ and then since 2008 i don't play MotoGP '06... yes i don't play it anymore thats why is a big 0 in my played games :(You know, since you have 0 Cheevos in the game, then why not delete it from your list? Yes you Can dů that :)

DanTheManGum
07-29-2010, 01:34 AM
I don't know if anyone will know what I'm talking about but here goes:

Single player Powderstone missions on Monster Hunter for the PS2...... Yuck, they make me angry just thinking about them.

I know exactly what your talking about. Running around that lava level with Gravios (I think thats his name). Good times. Slow grinding those things out.

Halo 3 on The Pit with two shotgunners and a sworder in the sword room while the rest of your team piddles around waiting for invis. Other than that I havent ragequit in a while.

Ozonelight
07-29-2010, 02:02 AM
FaceBreaker, playing for an hour, have it on the easiest difficulty and still get my bum wooped. Quite sad. :(

K-Will
07-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Trying to get hard make me angry. D=

wexnlex
07-29-2010, 06:26 AM
Well I typically just stop playing and remove myself from a game if it's frusterating. When I was closing in completing all of the SF4 combo trials Viper 5 was my last one and after doing it 5 times but it not registering the H.BK I looked up why and it wasn't buffering and comming in low enough. So about 10 hours later I finally time it perfect and the ultra misses. This happened a good 4 times before I finally did it correctly.
Also I smashed my Akuma fightpad into the wall because of Seth when I was a newb.

Milimanci
07-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Wow...I just ragequit Civilization Revolution.

So, as you can see, I'm 25G away from 100% in this game. That's 1 cheevo away, which is the hardest one. According to the guide (hopefully you'll understand what I'm bout to say), right when I start, I'm supposed to send my warrior out exploring and the closest civ is supposed to be only 5-6 turns away. However...every :rant: time, the closest civ is ATLEAST 20 :rant: TURNS AWAY! Therefore, it makes it that much harder to complete the game in the small amount of time I have. At that point, I don't even risk spending an hour trying to finish it by 1000 AD, knowing I've already wasted so many turns...

So how do I deal with this RAGE? Go on an RPG killing spree in GTA IV. With cheats.

KeepEmRolling
07-29-2010, 12:50 PM
I've never ragequit a mp game, and if I get frustrated with a game I stop playing it for awhile and come back to it if I'm ready to explode, lol.

Epic Debaser
07-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Mirror's Edge doing the P*ss-taking chapter 2 speedrun, got right to the end, jumped and missed the pole. :eek: Cue me punching my Xbox and breaking the disk. Bad times :chair

Newwisdom01
07-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Heh, I usually rage quit when I turn on the console with Halo 3 in it. Actually, when I play just about any FPS. I'm usually pretty calm about most things, but as soon as I start playing FPSs, it's like my control switch is thrown out the window.

Plus people on-line are usually arrogant jerks, so I try to just avoid it in general XD

Joewl45
07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm very ashamed to say that I have broken two controllers from frustration, I've moved on maturity wise since then but I always feel a little bit embarrassed when I realize that probably cost me about £50... Having said that, I very rarely ragequit multiplayer games :).