PDA

View Full Version : Any questions or tips ask me I have 1000/1000

FateorDestiny
07-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey guys! Just wanted to say that since I'm like one of the resident naughty bear helpers on Gamefaqs already, and I just recently joined this forum I'd be happy to help you all with any advice or tips or tricks you may wanna ask me :). I have high scores on most leaderboards in the top 20 so I know my way around the game as well as having all the achievements haha, so if sunbeam just won't go to the campfire and it's drivin u nuts... ask away i'll do my best to help :)

xI Ozone Ix
07-17-2010, 04:41 PM
well i need a litte help with invisible challenges. see there designed to make u hide and thats not a great way how to make points.

xI Ozone Ix
07-17-2010, 04:43 PM
also is there any way u orginized how to get 1000 did u just get silvers until u had abetter costume? or wat because i really dont know what challenges to do first.

FateorDestiny
07-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah I struggled with these challenges at first but there are some tips I can offer with this. Pick one of the Leader costumes (Captain Naughty, Mister Miyagi) as they can walk or even some can run without a sound, this way until other bears actually see you do something naughty you don't lose 1/5 on your being seen counter. Next, try to isolate the bears as much as possible by means of booing constantly and sabotaging objects. Next, make use of traps! They will be your best friend here especially the bear trap. Lay bear traps around corners so that when a bear gets trapped his friend can't immediately see him. This gives you a second to run up "behind" him and use the kill button. NEVER use the scare option as the moment they turn around in the cutscene they have seen u once and alert all nearby bears as to what u look like. If you continuously use bear traps and sabotage kills as well as grabbing presents, antennas, and so forth you should easily get a platinum trophy as the scores needed are much lower in these challenges. The most important thing is that remember to use ur BOOOO often, but only in bushes so that bears don't reveal your identity and ALWAYS approach a bear from behind when trapped if you want to kill them undetected. Hope this helps :)

FateorDestiny
07-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah I was getting lots of silvers and even bronzes at first until I got the hang of the levels and the layouts :). Basically I would recommend either Captain Naughty, or the Elite Mahoney costumes for being silent which you unlock by getting bronze/gold trophies on certain levels I can look that up for you though. I got all my platinums this way, 28/35 anyway, and then used the Naughticorn costume to raise my score to 250 million as it is the fastest costume bar none to do speed runs with.

FateorDestiny
07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
OH! and also I would recommend not using weapons in invisible mode unless they are weapons that have behind the bear finishing sequences like object kills but those still aren't weapons haha. Just avoid weapons lol :)

xI Ozone Ix
07-17-2010, 04:57 PM
thanks for the tips but one question. obvoisly getting cops on the island ges u more points but raises the chance of u being seen. should i let them call and get copson the island or not. also u mentioned killing them sholudnt i just make them go insane for more points? thanks :confused:

xI Ozone Ix
07-17-2010, 05:01 PM
also im kind of far in the game. didnt unlock the last level though. the only bears i have that can walk admist other bears are gordon sherrif naughty and master naughty so those are the only bears i ever use. im wondering which bear to use for which challenge.

FateorDestiny
07-18-2010, 12:33 AM
No problem! Yeah in the invisible challenges DO NOT let them summon the cops, honestly when they are on the phone if they are alone that is a great time to sneak in for a kill :). On the invisible challenges the point total needed for platinum is much lower so racking up kills while doing the BOOOO in between is the best way to maximize ur points while keeping ur multiplier as high as possible and don't forget to grab multiplier freeze balls as well :).

To your second question, I would stick with captain naughty and elite mahoney when you get him but early on to get some platinum trophies basically any bear that lets you blend in is a good choice. Be careful though, if you use the cop gordon costume on the first level, this will cause the cops to shoot the other bears once the insanity grows to a certain point, this is very bad when you are playing friendly so make sure to keep an eye out for this :)

thanks for the tips but one question. obvoisly getting cops on the island ges u more points but raises the chance of u being seen. should i let them call and get copson the island or not. also u mentioned killing them sholudnt i just make them go insane for more points? thanks :confused:

willie2407
07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
can u help me with mission 7 top hat challange. i have golds and plats on rest of levels but can only get silver on this level. Any recomended bears or stratagies? i try and trap them all then keep scaring until insane but takes ages then the multiplyer goes down leaving less points.:mad:

any help would be apreciated.

FateorDestiny
07-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah sure! This was the last level I got a gold on to get the all costumes achievement. I used the Naughticorn costume simply put because it's fast as the dickens! lol. In the first zone, make use of traps constantly around the front of the house near the turntables. Always remember that if a bear comes to help another out of a trap, that's a 2x scare opportunity, scare the bear helping him first, then hit him once so he runs away, turn around, scare the trapped bear, and then kill him :). Always make sure that after each kill you switch weapons so that you maintain the maximum kill points possible.

After first zone you should have somewhere between 900,000 and 1,400,000 to be on par for gold. Also if you break the unibear statue early, chances of one of those showing up are even better :).

The cabin section make sure to sabotage stuff and again make use of those traps! set them just outside and a little to the side of doorways and make note of where the freeze multipliers are at all times. Also remember to be spamming the BOOO button for extra points and multiplier increases very often :). If you have somewhere in the vacinity of 2,700,000- 2,900,000 you are doing very well.

In the final section keep the army bears away from the aliens or they will fight each other most of the time. Put bear traps at each exit of the middle path so the bears get afraid to leave their area and once again use the same strategy and you should rack up the necessary million points very quickly. There are alien reinforcements so there are even more points to be had! It might take a few tries to get into a rhytm but you can do it! points needed for Gold on this level are 3,900,000 so aim for that or higher if you still need more platinum trophies :). Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK! :)

can u help me with mission 7 top hat challange. i have golds and plats on rest of levels but can only get silver on this level. Any recomended bears or stratagies? i try and trap them all then keep scaring until insane but takes ages then the multiplyer goes down leaving less points.:mad:

any help would be apreciated.

xI Ozone Ix
07-18-2010, 10:01 PM
OMG IT WORKED! JUST GOT PLAT ON THE first invisible and a couple to go. now the problem is those darn untouchable challenges. i keep running into my own traps. if i getgold on the first untouchable challenge i can get miyagi so thanks. by the way i added u on live for kicks.

FateorDestiny
07-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Haha i'm glad it worked for you :). Keep it up! :). Yeah the thing that bothered me the most was running into my own traps too, sadly there really is no way to prevent it other than remembering where you put ur traps or just getting lucky and barely walking past it haha. Keep practicing and you will do it eventually :). Haha ok sounds good I'll add you when I go on later :) Any other questions let me know :), and yeah mister miyagi is the costume I used for untouchables cuz since you can't get hit what does helath really matter right? so speed is really all that counts! :)

OMG IT WORKED! JUST GOT PLAT ON THE first invisible and a couple to go. now the problem is those darn untouchable challenges. i keep running into my own traps. if i getgold on the first untouchable challenge i can get miyagi so thanks. by the way i added u on live for kicks.

Silver Scorpian
07-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Thought I might as well as you since you've helped everyone else:

I'm having trouble with 7-3 the insanity challenge. I'm fine at racking up the points towards gold/platinum cups but the damn aliens or ninjas keep killing the other bears before I drive them insane!

I usually use the Ninja costume but I'm not sure if this has any effect on their killing patterns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I haven't gotten past the first stage before I lose a bear to a alien or ninja.

Also, would you be interested in helping me get the multiplayer achievements?

FateorDestiny
07-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Ah yes I can help you with this as I had a similar problem at first. To get platinum on that level I used Elite Mahoney costume as it has high health and decent speed and starts with a weapon that u might not find in the level itself which is bonus points. Playing as this costume the aliens and regular bears/ninjas will not attack each other as they do not recognize you as their leader. Memorize where the health items are as you will need them lots.

In the second part there are army bears that will come when reinforcements are called and will attack the aliens causing you to fail. Simple solution.... Do not let them call for reinforcements! if you see a bear grab the phone go stop him! or just destroy the phone right away to prevent this from happening at all :).

In the final section you start by a house with three army bears in it, try to have a bear trap in your posession when u enter this zone so that you have an extra one to play with ;). Set it at the entrance to the walkway towards the aliens side of the map so that any army bear attempting to go towards the aliens gets trapped then run back there and scare them back into the house :). Place a bear trap at the alien's end and do the same thing for them ;) It is pretty darn easy to get insanity on this stage if you follow these tips :). On this map the reinforcements are all aliens so no need to worry about bears killing each other as the regular bears work for the aliens ;).

I would gladly help you get the multiplayer achievements next time I am around the game so send me a message :)

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Thought I might as well as you since you've helped everyone else:

I'm having trouble with 7-3 the insanity challenge. I'm fine at racking up the points towards gold/platinum cups but the damn aliens or ninjas keep killing the other bears before I drive them insane!

I usually use the Ninja costume but I'm not sure if this has any effect on their killing patterns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I haven't gotten past the first stage before I lose a bear to a alien or ninja.

Also, would you be interested in helping me get the multiplayer achievements?

Silver Scorpian
07-22-2010, 04:54 AM
Thanks for all the help. Worked like a charm. Now I'm having a little difficulty with the top hat challenge for mission 4. 1-3 we're a breeze I think the zombies are messing with my head!

FateorDestiny
07-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Ah yes this one is kind of a pain as the zombies can come get you in the woods with lazer beams haha. I again used the elite mahoney costume and used the trees for cover as much as possible while hitting them each twice when they came near to make sure they'd turn and run. Make use of all your traps again and let the bears call for reinforcements as much as possible to maximize your points if you want a platinum trophy. If you want just a gold then you don't need to let them call for reinforcements :). The collectibles help and kill the unibear statues early for higher chance of unibear spawn then book it to him. It takes a little bit of luck as I died like 20 times on it haha, but keep at it and you'll get that gold or platinum u wanted :)

Thanks for all the help. Worked like a charm. Now I'm having a little difficulty with the top hat challenge for mission 4. 1-3 we're a breeze I think the zombies are messing with my head!

nubdge
08-06-2010, 05:53 AM
The best tip is to run around as fast as u can slashing,but not killing and using boo! As much as possiblr,keep slashing and booing and smashing stuff up,i watched a youtube video of this german guy doing this but using miyagi is a must also grabbing your freeze thingies at the right time is key,full 1000 is easy once u figure out speed is everything

Judge Jamster
08-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Sorry for butting in, but I have a quick question that is really bothering me. I just played the "Night of the Living Ted" level, spent about an hour on it just taking time making all the zombie bears insane and such, yet I did not get a platinum trophy, despite using the same tactic on bunches of earlier levels.
The only thing I did different was I used the "Danger Bear" outfit for that level, is that the problem? I'm just not sure if any of the costumes, (especially with how high danger bear's stats are....) might keep you, or at least make it harder to get platinum.

El Nino 808
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
I have a question...

I need to gold or platinum the Insanity challange on When Aliens Attack its the last one I need for the 28 gold achievement...how do you send the Aliens crazy also so many times I fail because bears kill other bears I tried whacking the Aliens till I got the Ultra Kill prompt to stop them shooting the other bears but it still happens...mainly tho I want to know about sending the Aliens mental because no matter how many times I scare them or trap and scare them no bubbles.

Thanks

El Nino 808
08-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Nevermind I figured it out just trapped the Aliens over and over and they went mental also managed to keep the bears from killing eachother by beating them all till they were limping..oh well on to the top hat golds

MattyHustedUk
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
whats the best way to go about getting plats on the top hat challenges
mainly the first one

Jellybean468
08-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Which costume is used for the Rebellion achievement? I got Gold like the guide says but the Robo-bears attack me instead of Fluffy.

MondoBondo
08-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Does Episode 8 help with the platinum trophy achievements?

Yuitsu
08-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Never mind! Managed it and finally got my Oodoo costume!

corydane
04-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Which costume is used for the Rebellion achievement? I got Gold like the guide says but the Robo-bears attack me instead of Fluffy.
I'm having the same problem with the robo-bears ignoring the regular bears and only coming after me...does anyone know for a fact the guide is right and the tech costume actually works???

Park Diesel
04-20-2011, 07:29 AM
I'm having the same problem with the robo-bears ignoring the regular bears and only coming after me...does anyone know for a fact the guide is right and the tech costume actually works???

There are two costumes you can use. "RoBo-N4AUGH7Y" (for getting bronze on 6-1 through 6-3) or "Robo-PR1M3" (for getting gold on 6-1 through 6-3). From what I have read, the "Tech-Naughty" outfit will not get you the achievement despite what the guide here says.

What I did, that I haven't seen suggested much, was attack a regular bear then run and hide. The regular bear then attacked the robots, who retaliated by attacking all the regular bears, which ended with Fluffy and all the regular bears getting killed.

TanaMari3
07-20-2011, 04:37 AM
My boyfriend and I have had many problems with the achievement Elite Chumps. We dont sabotage anything and kill all the bears along with the B.E.A.R with object kill and let nobody escape and we dont get the achievement. If there are any tricks or if I am doing something wrong plz help me...thank you!