PDA

View Full Version : How do you determine who to add as a X360A friend?

OG T UNIT
07-17-2010, 08:49 AM
How do you determine who to add as a friend on Xbox360achievements.org?

Personally I have accepted everyone who as asked me (1 so far). Then I have sent a request to anyone that has helped me in some way. Either by boosting an achievement or helping me with a question. That brings my total up to 3.

What is your criteria?

Starstrukk X360A
07-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Anyone who asks. There's no certain types of people I ignore.

It's on Xbox Live where I become more strict on who I add to my Friends List, though. I only add people I know; only like two are from X360A, with the rest being people I know irl.

jedijaxpavan
07-17-2010, 09:19 AM
i dont really see the point of adding friends on here.....

if i was going to boost with someone on here i would add them on Live then after we got all the cheevos i would prob delete them if i dont plan on playing with them again. i like to keep my friends list as small as posible so i know who everyone is.

i added 1 person who sent me a request on here from group Dirty Thirty.

ApochWeiss
07-17-2010, 09:31 AM
if I don't know 'em in life, and they dont' tell me WHY they are adding me in a message like I state in all my posts in the on-line help/boosting threads, the message is just ignored until they cancel the request, explain why the add was sent, or tell me at least x360a and the game name. I get slammed with boosting calls because I enjoy playing some obscure titles, as well as randomly pick up new XBLA titles, so I constantly get 'em and barely ever accept them.

Seany Show
07-17-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll add people on the site who I've had contact with outside of the site. Through Xbox LIVE or somewhere else.

I have a few people from x360a on my friends list but am definitely more careful about that.

Didi Mau
07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
I missed the topic entirely, didn't even know there was a friend's list on the site :p Thought it was adding members onto XBL, ignore me!

Bleeding Star
07-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Add anyone who adds, but I find it pointless as I never use the list and until you posted this forgot the site had a friends list

Br0kenAssass1n
07-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm the other way. I'll accept almost anyone on XBL, simply because it's so simple to get rid of 'em, but on here I'm picky. I'll accept most people, but I won't send out that many requests, simply because I'd tend to only friend request the dry, sarcastic members of the site.

GhostFalcon3
07-17-2010, 11:52 AM
I add everyone who asks on here only one though and generally everyone who asks on Live with a few exceptions.

TVthePunisher
07-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't add bands, but then again...none of you are bands (OR ARE YOU?!). Oh who am I kidding, I add them all the time on MySpace (I'm too lazy to "uncheck them" in my friendrequests).

When it comes to here, I only have 2. This one guy added me right away whenever I made a greet topic and then there's Takamamakamakamka Bear (lol, kidding man) who sent me a request and we occasionally talk about anime. Aside from that, nothing much else. I have a couple of visitor messages, a few about my sons and then someone saying they lived in Kentucky just like me (oh crap, I never replied...then again, I don't know what to say ;>_> I'm only here cause this is my wife's hometown. Otherwise, I'd live in Texas OR Alabama...great weather and I know the places that aren't redneck =O).

I mean, if anyone sends me a request on here I'll most definately add them no problem. Then again, I don't rant in private messaging...ask anyone on AIM, I'm fucking random as hell. I bottle that up and act professional (to a degree) on here, BUT...I'm actually quite different in private conversation. Instant Messager is the way to find the real...">_> " me...and I'll say stuff you will probably find either hilarious or downright disturbing.

Uh...XBL I add anyone, but I should be more stingy on there. I don't always want to play the game you want to...and I hate turning people down ;>_> so it's ignore and don't respond to messages for me. That doesn't make me a jerk, no way! I don't really care to play this one game (I sold it anyways) anymore...and playing Co-op bores the living hell out of me. You've got the cheevos, you don't need me to play grabass with you! If it's an entertaining game where we can mess around, HELL YEAH...if it's one that's "yay" in singleplayer but "gay" in multiplayer, I"m sorry pal...unless you need the achievements or I need them, pick a different game.

LONG POSTS, YES...I make them...because I have so much to say and I don't even know where half these words come from. I should have just said...

"Yeah, I'll add just about anybody and yay, that's the end of the post!".

THERE YA GO!

dakisbac
07-17-2010, 02:35 PM
If they're a good/useful member of the site I'll add them if they send a request. If they're on my XBL friends list I'll add them here as well, since I'm more strict selecting my XBL friends.

DarkCreations
07-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't sent out many friend requests on here or XBL.

On here, i have 2 friends from RL and 2 people who added me from the site, so that's all, i've talked to them all a fair bit too.

On XBL, i'll accept anyone, but i do request a message on why they've added me, if they're from one of my boost/achievement posts then i'll get that done and delete them afterwards (or keep them if i got on well with them and think we'll talk more/boost more in the future). Other than that i know a lot of my XBL friends in RL.

Basically i don't send out many friend requests, i'm just too lazy.

Sidereal
07-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Anyone who asks. There's no certain types of people I ignore.

It's on Xbox Live where I become more strict on who I add to my Friends List, though. I only add people I know; only like two are from X360A, with the rest being people I know irl.

Well that explains why you denied my request! :P

I add anyone, really. I don't really have any gamer friends, so I'm always looking for people to game with.

Burning Karma
07-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm the other way. I'll accept almost anyone on XBL, simply because it's so simple to get rid of 'em, but on here I'm picky. I'll accept most people, but I won't send out that many requests, simply because I'd tend to only friend request the dry, sarcastic members of the site.
Score! :D

In general, I add people I like, have common interests with, or contact me about living in my state. Also, if we've talked outside of the forums, I'll more than likely add you.

Spanish Assault
07-17-2010, 04:38 PM
anyone who sends a request...but like stated earlier I am picking with my live friends.

Sizzlebuzz
07-17-2010, 05:37 PM
I add someone if I play with them and they seem decent at the game and decent as a person. But usually I don't add someone unless they ask me to and meet those requirements.

OG T UNIT
07-17-2010, 05:40 PM
yeah XBL is a whole different animal. So far I have only added people I know IRL, but I am starting to question that. I have had fun playing with random strangers from time to time, while others are complete idiots. Maybe friending the decent ones is a good idea, something to ponder I guess.

kall5ter
07-17-2010, 05:51 PM
i usually get to know them some more first, see if we have anything in common then add them :$

discomartin
07-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm a whore, I add anyone who requests.

TheVoidRose
07-17-2010, 07:35 PM
I ask myself, do I care about them enough to remember them in a week. The answer is usually no, my friends list is 16 accounts total. Most family, friends in real life, the last few are spare accounts.

Damage
07-17-2010, 09:59 PM
I have NO friends on here :( Not really sure what the point is. I only come here to help or be helped.

On XBL I don't get many requests as I don't have GOLD. Got a few real friends there, a guy I boosted with who was ok. A guy who only plays GH:M (who will probably vanish soon) and a final person from here who is always up for boosting and is on the same time as me during the day. Never chat much and only really message my real friends (and they never reply, that's what facebook and text are for).

Don't like friend requests without messages on XBL or those sent them just because they saw a post be me here.

Boosting wise though - I always stick until the end. Its all or nothing baby.. we both finish or neither of us do.

Quick questions - If I remove you as a friend on XBL, do I vanish from your friends list?? I've always just assumed YES.

hodge
07-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Quick questions - If I remove you as a friend on XBL, do I vanish from your friends list?? I've always just assumed YES.

Yeah that's right. Some people who i never talked to removed me, and it took me months to figure it out =P

OT: I have no friends on x360a - I've never had any requests *sob* =P

Takamura Bear
07-17-2010, 11:09 PM
On x360a, I add those that I know pretty well or are both interested in the same subject. For example, I spend most of my time in the MMA thread in the sports bar and there's a lot of guys who I added that post on there quite a lot. Otherwise it's people that I talk to about anime and shit. Other times I recieve requests instead.

The fact is that all of the people on my friend list are not just there for nothing; they're there for a genuine reason.

Hmmm...I still haven't got any females on my friend list yet. >_>

_DaNnY_
07-17-2010, 11:13 PM
People I like.
People who are friendly to me.
People who I want to boost with. (and if we don't talk again when my list gets full they are deleted)
People who are clever/appreciate intellectual discussion.

I rarely add/keep kids on my list. They are generally annoying and always send out voices messages to their entire friends list. I've met a few cool kids but most are just friggin annoying so I tend to avoid them like birds from winter.

KeepEmRolling
07-17-2010, 11:48 PM
I'll add anyone who asks on the site here. On live I'll accept anyone who asks unless we have no games in common and there's no msg letting me know where they got my GT from.

Deyankees1
07-18-2010, 12:09 AM
I have a couple people from here or so forgot how many. As long as you play the same games as Me I dont mind. I meet some great Gears2 players here and some that I still play with today. But remember folks send a message with your FR if not I usual Delete the request to many Gears stalkers out there lol

Br0kenAssass1n
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Score! :D

In general, I add people I like, have common interests with, or contact me about living in my state. Also, if we've talked outside of the forums, I'll more than likely add you.

Pish, you're not dry and sarcastic, more cuddly and lovable. Hurt your ego? :p

This thread is quite obviously going to turn into a friend request whoring session, so before it starts, I'd like to say... I need some more friends. :(

Schism
07-18-2010, 01:48 AM
I have only added Massa Ziggy...just because he is a beast. and has similar interest as me (music.,movies,books) no one sends me any though lol. send them i dont mind..always like to talk to new people

TVthePunisher
07-18-2010, 02:38 AM
On x360a, I add those that I know pretty well or are both interested in the same subject. For example, I spend most of my time in the MMA thread in the sports bar and there's a lot of guys who I added that post on there quite a lot. Otherwise it's people that I talk to about anime and shit. Other times I recieve requests instead.

The fact is that all of the people on my friend list are not just there for nothing; they're there for a genuine reason.

Hmmm...I still haven't got any females on my friend list yet. >_>

Good luck with that =O of the females on this site, a majority of them probably don't even care that much for using the "Friends" feature. You might find someone there though...

I want an award for being a Gamer Dude >=/ ...wait, what if a Hermaphaditty shows up? Do they get like a wireframe character from the Smash Bros. series? ;>_>

GhOsT SLaYeR
07-18-2010, 02:48 AM
My list is 50 people... I know 24 of them IRL... I have 7 of my XBL friends that I also have on my Facebook.. as I've known them for a long time.... and 8 i've had on my list longer than 3 years. And 6 less than a year and 5 others that are around 2 years I've known them....

As of right now I have only like 3 members of x360a... I usually take off after getting achievement as I never really play with them afterwords.

Xylon Uxkid
07-18-2010, 02:56 AM
I think that the people I have from here are just achievements boosters.

guillermo316
07-18-2010, 03:02 AM
I only my BBF on the list other than that if anyone sent me a request sure i don't request people idk why?

Burning Karma
07-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Pish, you're not dry and sarcastic, more cuddly and lovable. Hurt your ego? :p
Quite crushed. If you need me, I'll be over there. In the corner. Sobbing. :(

OG T UNIT
07-18-2010, 07:39 AM
does it help if your pretty?

NaK Quinn
07-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Anyone that is cool or helps boost. Usualy my friends list is only 30-40 people.

Heroo
07-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Basically I avoid ignorant/little high-pitched children.

Sabrelord
07-18-2010, 10:23 AM
People I like.
People who are friendly to me.
People who I want to boost with. (and if we don't talk again when my list gets full they are deleted)
People who are clever/appreciate intellectual discussion.

I rarely add/keep kids on my list. They are generally annoying and always send out voices messages to their entire friends list. I've met a few cool kids but most are just friggin annoying so I tend to avoid them like birds from winter.

Fully agree, always go for quality not quantity.
I didn't delete many from my 360 list though, just once in a while when people are off for ages.
Also i agree with the kids, i've met 1 cool kid, actualy i thought i was talking to some 18-19years old with a weird voice lol ...but he told me he was like 13

On Live i got a bunch people from x360a,mostly from the ODST + Halo Threads, but only 2 of them seem to be active around here and i haven't played with them in ages.

I'm more sorta the quiet gamer, i don't talk to much while playing....guess some of you would love that.
I like the coop sessions where you meet up realy good hand in hand working guys without to communicate, makes it even better with it =) And tbh...in the beginning i'm always kinda "shy" to actualy talk english. Even though i think i'm doing well and not pronouncing very "kraut-ish"(hell, i hope i don't...sounds so retarded), it's still kinda hard to not fall back especialy while gaming xD

However, i'm always open to add some nice x360a members on Live or on the Forum, but i keep the Forum list also more exclusive like some other people said, the 2 guys on it are not even on my 360 yet but still in the Forum list for a reason.

As you can also tell by my sig, i'm kinda annoyed by random requests. Actualy i don't think many of them come from Forum members but just in case...

Genesis x360a
07-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Ill accept anyone that adds me to there freinds on this site but on XBL i only add people who i boost with and then when im done i usally delete them because 9/10 times we will never speak again so whats the piont in keeping them on my list lol My list consists of people who i speak and game with on daily basis,who i know in Irl.

KwH x Fatality
07-18-2010, 09:23 PM
I accept any that sends me a friend request.