PDA

View Full Version : I seem to be missing the boat, terrible pun intended.

Trakanon
07-17-2010, 09:10 AM
I can't seem to make much progress past the first Greenland mission or so, but this seems to apply to just about every mission so far. Getting in torpedo range of a convoy target means I am spotted and pelted by a cruiser almost immediately. So then I have to sink and shut off engines until I'm back in the green. After that, periscope depth = spotted once again almost guaranteed. Attacking the fast moving cruisers seems like a bad idea as well, because hitting them with a torpedo is not likely unless I'm 2 feet away. And by the time the deck gun kills them, they will have easily killed me.

Surely sitting on the bottom of the ocean and jumping to periscope depth to pop of 1 torpedo before sinking to the bottom again is not how the game is meant to be played. And this is on easy - I don't even want to imagine the hardest setting. Is there an "I win" button somewhere that I missed in the tutorial?

More_Credible
07-31-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't think the creators of this game had any intention on the way it was supposed to be played.

Go down if you have to... right?!?