PDA

View Full Version : FoV to be released as part of Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga

MacPhisto
07-17-2010, 10:11 AM
The FAQ section at www.flamesofvengeance.com (http://www.flamesofvengeance.com) has recently been updated to include info about a new remastered version of the original game using the new graphics engine that also includes the Flames of Vengeance expansion pack, which was too big to be released as DLC. The new info is as follows:

What platforms is Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance coming out on?

Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance is coming out as an expansion pack on PC. It is available to Xbox 360 players (and PC players who didn't purchase Divinity II - Ego Draconis) in Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga which features remastered content of Divinity II - Ego Draconis as well as all Divinity II - Flames Of Vengeance content.

When will Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance by released?

In Germany, Divinity II - Flames Of Vengeance will be released mid August 2010. All other language versions will be released in October 2010, together with Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga.

What's this about Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga ?

Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga includes the complete and re-mastered adventure Divinity II - Ego Draconis, featuring new content and an improved engine, as well as Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance. This game offers a total of over 60 hours of gameplay and more than 180 original quests that combine into a fantastic role playing experience. It will be released in Europe in October 2010 on PC & Xbox 360, and more details will become available as we approach launch.

DENAz666
08-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Wow never expected DLC!!

Ellusion
09-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Wonderful. The original is such a hidden gem and prime example of what a true western RPG should be, that any more of this is welcome.

Here's to hoping the new combined game gets a separate entry on Live so we can add in another 1000+250 GS and 80 hours more gaming =)

Terrin
09-21-2010, 03:17 AM
I don't think it would as it seems more like a goty edition where the dlc is just included as it is soppose to get dlc option to dl.

Edit: after reading the website and the facts its not getting a dlc release its to large and the regular game is getting a complete overhaul so I think it most likely will get its own card and achievos

Ellusion
09-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Here's to hoping! 2250GS for two playthroughs is just about right =)

Terrin
09-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Again its still up in the air to wether it will or not as some are saying on there forums its just gonna be a add on with the regular game kinda like a dlc that u need the 2nd disc. and soem are saying ti will have its own card at just 1000 (as its a stand alone game), my though it it will be 2 games u can get 2000 on so 2 playthroughs

Wicelow
11-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Here's to hoping! 2250GS for two playthroughs is just about right =)
OK so no DLC version for FoV.
It'll be 2000G with 2.5 play, then.

The game is great, I'm really looking forward to play it again with more decent graphics this time.

Ellusion
11-16-2010, 10:50 AM
I see the achievements are up, and a quick rundown shows these aren't the same as for Divinity II. Some are the same, but some have also been removed and others are added in. Seems for sure there will be two instances then, and playing through the full game again for the TDKS version yields another 1000G. That's great!

Preordered from amazon.co.uk

Ellusion
11-25-2010, 04:25 PM
And can confirm this. Just unwrapped Divinity II DKS and it is it's own instance, 50 cheevos for 1000, where the old one had 41 cheevos for 1000. Flames of vengeance is it's own campaign inside DKS.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

petrik007
11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Yep. Looks good. Finished the original twice almost year ago but decided to play again. So far so good.

DENAz666
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Ugh, don't know if I could do it again! twice was enough

BloodGodAlucard
12-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Has there been any word on when this is being released in the US? I've wanted to pick up Ego Draconis for a while now. But since this version will be vastly improved, I might as well just wait for this to launch.

Axel_Rexlord
12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
There are ongoing discussions with several publishers and they are heading in the right direction, nothing set in stone yet, but if all goes well the game should be out in the US in early 2012.