PDA

View Full Version : Will They Ever Fix All The Bugs?

Literaryman
07-17-2010, 05:56 PM
For anyone about to buy this game who doesn't have Xbox Live, don't... you will need updates to have the game working properly; and even if you do have Live, like me, it bugs out and freezes, all the time.

xI Ozone Ix
07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
they better have updates. but on the cover of the box its says " watch out for new downloadable content" i dont know if thats for new multiplayer modes or new bears but they better have patches or else. but even though theres bugs i still enjoy the game.:)

Fizzmatix
07-17-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm pretty sure if they plan to support this game further they will path it. If they don't then lots of people will ignore it further. The only odd issues I have seen is freezing, but it only freezes in the same place or while doing the same thing, like going through a door or crossing the bridges.

I will be surprised if they release DLC for this game, maybe patches but if they do put out DLC I hope it's an extension to the island or something. Or a shut up option for the narrator as he just irritates me.

xI Ozone Ix
07-17-2010, 10:34 PM
What!!!!!!?????? I love the narrorator he says the words so britishy

D4B0MB1N4T10N
07-18-2010, 06:09 AM
honestly guys, i dont know what all your troubles are for. ive played it for quite some time now, only had it freeze occasionally, and i played it for like 3 hours today amd had no problems.

so, whats everyones problem? they are degrading a game like this, when i myself seem to have little or no issues whatsoever. it seems fine to me when i play it.

FarmerJay
07-18-2010, 07:41 AM
My problem is that i've spent over 6 hours and 5 tries doing just 7-4, even beat the high score and it freezes on me every time. And all I want is a gold so I can complete this game. I'd say that's a pretty big problem.

Ooyah
07-19-2010, 12:05 PM
honestly guys, i dont know what all your troubles are for. ive played it for quite some time now, only had it freeze occasionally, and i played it for like 3 hours today amd had no problems.

so, whats everyones problem? they are degrading a game like this, when i myself seem to have little or no issues whatsoever. it seems fine to me when i play it.

Let me start by saying that I love this game, but I have actually had to give up on it now. Can I ask you how many platinums you have? *Every* single time I get a platinum, the game will freeze completely, requiring a hard reset of the 360. Getting a bronze, silver, or even gold is just fine (usually!), but as soon as I go platinum (or even when I am approaching a platinum score), the game will crash. Either when the platinum is being displayed, or on my way to the exit, or when trying to go through the gate to Naughty's hut. I should have between 15 - 20 platinums by now, yet I only have 2. I think that, mainly, this is what people are so upset about. If you getting platinums without issue then maybe you can tell us what you are doing different! I really want to continue with this game, but the constant crashing just makes it impossible. :(

xI Ozone Ix
07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
wow thats sucks the game froze on my under 10 times and not once did it freeze when i was doing something important. maybe uve been playing the game for hours at a time?

D4B0MB1N4T10N
07-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Let me start by saying that I love this game, but I have actually had to give up on it now. Can I ask you how many platinums you have? *Every* single time I get a platinum, the game will freeze completely, requiring a hard reset of the 360. Getting a bronze, silver, or even gold is just fine (usually!), but as soon as I go platinum (or even when I am approaching a platinum score), the game will crash. Either when the platinum is being displayed, or on my way to the exit, or when trying to go through the gate to Naughty's hut. I should have between 15 - 20 platinums by now, yet I only have 2. I think that, mainly, this is what people are so upset about. If you getting platinums without issue then maybe you can tell us what you are doing different! I really want to continue with this game, but the constant crashing just makes it impossible. :(

oh, ive probly gotten between 10-15 platinums so far, others are golds with some silvers thrown in, some i havent completed yet either.

this is really strange, when it did freeze on me, it was after i completed a challenge, and it was at the loading screen to go back to the main menu.
-i had to restart the console, and to my surprise, my scores were still recorded, even tho it froze loading back to mission select screen.

as far as i know, im not doing anything different/unique, im just playing the game as it is. i dont really understand anymore.

Nightmare-_-
07-20-2010, 12:18 AM
just stand at the door and press A slowly.. I had that problem haha

RexDarr
07-20-2010, 02:20 AM
What!!!!!!?????? I love the narrorator he says the words so britishy
He reminds me of the Telletubby guy:p

magikman79
07-20-2010, 03:46 AM
In the first hour of gameplay it froze on me 3 times, that means I had to play lvl 1 3 times b4 I could actually move on, now THATS poor programming!

Ooyah
07-20-2010, 07:24 AM
oh, ive probly gotten between 10-15 platinums so far, others are golds with some silvers thrown in, some i havent completed yet either.

this is really strange, when it did freeze on me, it was after i completed a challenge, and it was at the loading screen to go back to the main menu.
-i had to restart the console, and to my surprise, my scores were still recorded, even tho it froze loading back to mission select screen.

as far as i know, im not doing anything different/unique, im just playing the game as it is. i dont really understand anymore.

Yeah, I have also had it freeze on me during loading after a level, and then it seems to keep the data, but otherwise, new progress is lost. Hell, I was trying the killer challenge on Chapter 7 last night when it froze on me during the level. I know for a fact that other people are having the same problems, especially with platinums. I can't tell you how many hours of play I have lost because of this issue, but it really spoils the experience when you are holding back, actually trying to just scrape a gold, and then exiting just as fast as you can. Hopefully you can get to the 28 platinums without such problems.

Ooyah
07-20-2010, 07:28 AM
just stand at the door and press A slowly.. I had that problem haha

It doesn't only crash when going through the door to Naughty's hut, though... I often have it happen that it will crash during a level, while I am still doing stuff... most commonly when I am nearing or have achieved a platinum. The game totally freezes. But I shall follow your tip should I actually make it to the gate. :) Although now, I will have to wait for a patch. I have had it happen on Top Hat Challenges as well, when getting a gold. The game has been out a while now, so I sincerely hope that they patch it soon.

Ooyah
07-20-2010, 07:33 AM
wow thats sucks the game froze on my under 10 times and not once did it freeze when i was doing something important. maybe uve been playing the game for hours at a time?

Nope, nothing like that! I'm a smoker, so I take a break at least every one and a half or two hours, and I always turn everything off to let my 360 relax. :) So I am definitely not punishing my 360. It is intriguing how it seemed to plague you less, though... did you clear your cache at any point? I am wondering if that could help.

And apologies for bombing this thread this morning, I am not sure how to do a 'multi-reply' type thing. :confused: I will search for help on that.

Snitty 1
07-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I had a tonne of problems with this game. I found clearing my cache helped reduce them enough to be able to finish the game.

xI Ozone Ix
07-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Nope, nothing like that! I'm a smoker, so I take a break at least every one and a half or two hours, and I always turn everything off to let my 360 relax. :) So I am definitely not punishing my 360. It is intriguing how it seemed to plague you less, though... did you clear your cache at any point? I am wondering if that could help.

And apologies for bombing this thread this morning, I am not sure how to do a 'multi-reply' type thing. :confused: I will search for help on that.

well yes i have, but Ive done it at random times and not even for the purpose of stopping the freezing on the game. i guess a clearing of the cache every know and again wont hurt though.

dersuedwanderer
07-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Aaaaah, started yesterday and it frooze in Level 1 when I tried to go back to Naughtys House. Im already throwing a hissy fit.

SpinelesS
08-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Even with the xbox live update, this game is still too buggy.

Ive had game freezes, and been stuck in mid run (one foot up, constantly moving forward and being able to do nothing else) a bunch of times.

This game is decent, but very repetitive. Without the freezing bugs, the game would be tolerable, but with them the game is just too repetitive for me.

I give up.

Brother Daz
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Aaaaah, started yesterday and it frooze in Level 1 when I tried to go back to Naughtys House. Im already throwing a hissy fit. I'm having the same problem. I've played the first level 3 times and every time I try to go back into my house the game will freeze. Anyone know of some kind of work around for this?

Io LoneWolf oI
08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah. I mean they have patched it with this dlc so it should keep getting better. They need to give it an overhaul for the next one.