PDA

View Full Version : Gunless wonder.

idave1010
07-18-2010, 12:47 AM
So, I beat the game already just going back and getting some achievements, any pointers?

GoJoeThibaultGo
07-18-2010, 02:38 AM
there are only a few tips to give for gunless wonder.

-u can still use checkpoints so dont worry about that, but
-run...and run a lot
-when on the bridge with the poltergeist objects, take it slow
-when in the car its best to just drive past the taken and focus on not damaging ur car and getting to the next safe haven
-when in danger, walk holding a flare (especially after the scene in the junkyard when u have to clear a path for ur car)

rusty85
07-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Flashbangs do not count. Use them if you can't run away

Professor Silly
07-19-2010, 05:26 PM
If you have enemies in front of you, walk toward them and try to wait until the very last second to pull out the flair, drop it at their feet, and then run.

Also, try to err on the side of saving your flairs and flashbangs--the first time I was trying to get this achievement, I only had a couple of each for the long hill (the one with the objects dropping from the sky). When I successfully navigated this section, I had closer to a half-dozen flairs and flashbangs and had far less trouble.

One last thing--when Taken are still a ways away, hit them with short bursts from your flashlight. A short burst will stun them, and stop their advancement, so you can do this to each without wasting your batteries. There's no advantage of shaking all their darkness away, just stun them, turn, and sprint.

MTQNomad
07-21-2010, 11:00 PM
nevermind, sorry.

StcGk2008
07-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Play on Normal...wayy easier than trying this on nightmare

AngelCakeTom
07-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Perfect your dodge technique. go through the level at an even pace (if you sprint and Alan starts panting your dodge is much less likely to work) if your swamped drop a flare and run away. save all flashbangs for any poltergeist encounters and use cars as much as possible, Its a pretty easy acheivment on normal, I got it on my first playthrough without have to reload once..

SandpiperN121PP
07-25-2010, 05:44 PM
This to me was a very tough achievement... especially near the end of the level... but it is possible. I did the same thing, dropped a flare and used it for the advantage to run away and flashbangs are simply a Godsend! Best of luck... and use them both sparingly... because you will need all you get! :)

Flik Nightshade
07-25-2010, 05:52 PM
The best bit of advice I can give for the gunless wonder is learn how to stuck lock and run. Know where the exits and/or the nearest source of light is going to be. If you've got three guys behind you, turn, walk backwards, and give them all a super charged blast to stun then, and bolt. If you don't make it to the light after a few seconds, repeat the process. If you've got more enemies on your tail then you might want to consider using a flashbang.

All in all, Gunless Wonder wasn't nearly as difficult as I figured it would be my first time around. Just be familiar with the controls and you'll do fine.

idave1010
07-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Alright well thanks guy, but two questions, when do you unlock the achievo, and do you have to defeat the tornado with a flare gun, because all in all it is a GUN. [Edit] After posting this i went back to my game and walked ten feet forward and it unlocked.

Dz06lt
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM
i did this on my first attempt didnt die all that much just keep moving for the checkpoints