PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Answer!

ProperOnest
07-18-2010, 07:06 AM
I was recently playing a couple of games on my Xbox and earned some achievements offline [I don't have a Gold subscription at the moment so I wasn't signed in to Live]. The following day, I recovered my account on another Xbox and noticed the achievements I had earned the previous day were gone. Now my question to you intelligent people is - are those achievements now "unachievable" for me? Are they gone for-ev-er? Thanks.

A ZombieTwinkie
07-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Are they gone? Unfortunately yes. Are then un-achievable a second time around? No.

If you gained achievements offline, then recovered your tag to another console or just recovered it in general, it's just taking the last info it had saved from the Xbox servers. You can easily gain them again - as much as a pain in the ass and frustrating task that maybe.

I had that happen to me with Oblivion. Got like 4 or 5 hours into it on a console with no internet. Then recovered it to my console and was irked when I found out I had lost them and needed to redo them.

BedCommando
07-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Nope, just redo the tasks and "bloop", achievement unlocked.

ProperOnest
07-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks guys!

Most of the achievements were in Shadow Complex so I'm just going to restart the game now. And the "One Percenter" achievement in TLAD.

Once again, thanks.

Gamerdude5448
07-18-2010, 07:33 AM
This happened to me with Fallout 3 and i wasn't able to get the achievements back

gamerguy69
07-18-2010, 07:40 AM
Think of it this way. How would you expect those OFFLINE achievements to show up when you did "Recover Gamertag", when the offline console hadn't signed in to LIVE before you did "Recover Gamertag".

I'm curious as why you felt the need to play offline just because your account isn't GOLD. Silver accounts are allowed online and can earn achievements just as well. :confused: You still had an internet connection available, right?