PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 11: Greatness cheevo in 3 games as RE

kiskit
07-18-2010, 09:24 AM
It took me 3 games played to get the cheevos:
Greatness - 90 GS
Head & Shoulders Above -15 GS
Campus Legend - 15 GS

I used RE from Hawaii hoping that their conference & school records would be easier to break records etc. I turned off all penalties esp. Offsides.
Then on every down I lined up in opponents backfield near QB.

Game 1 vs USC stats: 23 tackles 17 for loss, 7 sacks, 1 forced fumble.
This was considered a "big game" opponent so it helped him get more legend points I guess. He broke the school & national record for sacks in a game. Got player of the week in the WAC & also nationally. This game got me the cheev: "Campus Legend" - 15 GS

Game 2 vs Arny (I believe). Stats 23 tackles, 16 for loss, 9 sacks & a blocked FG. (again lined up so kicker would kick ball into my player).
Player again broke the national & school records for sacks in a game. After this game I got the achievement: "Head and Shoulders Above"

Game 3 was against Colorado & luckily their QB lined up quite often in shotgun with 4-5 rec sets. As a result I had 20 sacks, I had in the low 30's for tackles & about 30 for loss. I had 2 forced fumbles and a safety.

After this game ended the cheevo for "Greatness" at 90 GS unlocked.

I tried to post this in walkthrough forum but had problems with my ipid not wanting to load all the responses. I know most know using RE is good from previous football games but wanted to share a step-by-step on how I got this without a 99 jacked up player.

fosizzlekizzle
07-18-2010, 02:32 PM
I did basically the same thing but used Army, I think it took me 5 games though still its the easiest strategy. Plus its fun to see the high lights of the other QB getting destroyed.

kiskit
07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
also sorry for putting this up since i just saw it in the cheevo guide section posted on the 16th. as i said my ipod was not loading the 2nd, 3rd pages earlier. apologies.

kiskit
07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I did basically the same thing but used Army, I think it took me 5 games though still its the easiest strategy. Plus its fun to see the high lights of the other QB getting destroyed.

definitely! i made my guy 7 foot tall about 260 lb. it was hilarious.

PSonic
07-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks for posting this! It took me 4 games, but I managed to knock them all out.