PDA

View Full Version : System Cache Problem?

Cable Player
07-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Hey guys,
Whenever I play my games, they always update. If I play (for example) Halo 3, it updates. Then if I switch to (for example) Brutal Legend, that too will update.

If I then play both those games again, they will update again.

This happens with every game.
Could there be something wrong with my System Cache?

Please help :)

Starstrukk X360A
07-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Try clearing it; that usually helps in preventing it from constantly doing an update.

Cable Player
07-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Try clearing it; that usually helps in preventing it from constantly doing an update.

I have heard many dfferent things about what Clearing the System Cache ACTUALLY does.

What DOES it do EXACTLY?

Cheers

InsaneKiller911
07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I have heard many dfferent things about what Clearing the System Cache ACTUALLY does.

What DOES it do EXACTLY?

Cheers

It just clears the updates for games. It will NOT delete anything important like profiles or game saves.

spyder2g
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
It just clears the updates for games. It will NOT delete anything important like profiles or game saves.

Perfectly stated. Now it's also a hell of a lot easier to do. I remember trying to figure out how to clear my system cache to put the glitch back into Overlord.

Starstrukk X360A
07-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Before, you had to push a few buttons to get it to work.

Now, if I remember correctly, there's an option for it now.

Darkly_Dave
07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Had the same problem myself, clearing the system cache worked.

Cable Player
07-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Cheers guys, I will do that later, as well as the Red Dead Redemption Glitch also for more xp before the update xD

psychofox
07-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Ironically, after reading this post, it happened to me.
cleared and now back to normal.

Doric
07-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I remember the days when you had to do some button bashing to clear it xD Now its just an option when you press Y on the HDD.

Dark Anaconda
06-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I called Microsoft and they said ,if you play a game offline and get some achievements and if you delete your system cache ,you will loose your earned gamerscores.

Is that true? Maybe i am wrong...

Pootcrum
06-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I called Microsoft and they said ,if you play a game offline and get some achievements and if you delete your system cache ,you will loose your earned gamerscores.

Is that true? Maybe i am wrong...

I am 99% sure that is dead wrong, unless something has changed recently. Deleting your GAMERTAG from your system will cause you lose the achievements earned offline, but the system cache should have nothing to do with your achievements. It is merely space on your hard drive used to store game and dashboard updates as well as little add-ons and what not that may be installed with new features of the dashboard.

SteveDGamer
06-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Just clear the cache. Like what other's have said. I normally ignore it, and just keep updating since I'm used to it. I get where your coming from though, it gets very annoying, at times!

CyberPunch83
06-17-2011, 03:06 PM
I can see how it would get very annoying, especially if you switch games multiple times a day. Clearing the cache might help, but sometimes there would be an error with the update and it won't take, forcing you to do the same update again and again.