PDA

View Full Version : Game Info

Shaaady Souljah
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Set in the deceptively idyllic town of Bright Falls, Washington, "Alan Wake" places gamers in the role of the best-selling suspense author, Alan Wake. He escapes to this small town to recover from the mysterious disappearance of his fiancée. In Bright Falls Wake comes face to face with his darkest nightmares.

"Alan Wake" immerses players in an intense and expansive cinematic world that enables players to roam freely in hyper-realistic, dynamic and interactive environments. "Alan Wake" is mission-based with a deeply engaging and suspenseful storyline unveiling new twists and profound character revelations at every turn. Players will unravel the riveting plot through character interactions, unique problem-solving and intense combat against terrifying enemies. In this nightmarish world, Alan Wake must use a variety of weapons to survive, including his most powerful ally against the creatures of darkness — light itself.

Aprosa
04-19-2007, 09:55 AM
This game is gonna rock! can't wait to play this one!
The screenshots looks great!

ImAKing1987
01-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Is it just me or do they just keep pushing this game further back? Its sad that they cant just release it already. I guess that Id rather it take awhile and be good then to come fast and suck. Its just gonna piss me off it takes awhile and still sucks...lol.

CloudStr1f3
08-22-2008, 07:09 PM
yeah, I had such high hopes for Alone in the Dark too, and that game turned out to be, well, mediocre. This game, however, sounds very interesting, sort of like Silent Hill meets Indigo Prophecy.

Dr. twinkletits
10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
yeah, I had such high hopes for Alone in the Dark too, and that game turned out to be, well, mediocre. This game, however, sounds very interesting, sort of like Silent Hill meets Indigo Prophecy.
Thats exactly what i was thinking!!
Indigo prophecy had an excellent story and silent hill is scary as hell.
THis game is going to be awsome if it was like that!

Veritas34
11-30-2008, 10:59 PM
this game will prob never come out.

Bearded Bugs
06-24-2009, 07:41 PM
The plot for this game sounds very interesting indeed, I saw enough impressive gameplay at E3 for this to be be a must-buy for me.

rhsdc.
06-26-2009, 03:19 AM
You mean this one?

YouTube - New Alan Wake Gameplay on E3 L.A. 2009

btw can anyone tell me how to embed videos? I dont like just putting links

oops nvm...lol

Bearded Bugs
06-26-2009, 01:00 PM
You mean this one?

YouTube - New Alan Wake Gameplay on E3 L.A. 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCC-MhnewZ0)

That's the one yeah, the game looks amazing from that.

xl RETRO
09-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Looks absolutely fantasic, the kind of game I have been wanting for a long time.

McApree
09-21-2009, 01:44 PM
THis game looks like it is going to sell some XBOXs. It also looks to graphically push the XBOX so hard. Day One buy for me.

Ozbaab
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Looking forward to this!

noobie2games
01-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Personally for me I don't why but I'm keeping my eye out for when this game comes out. I mean I haven't seen that much gameplay or heard that much about the story, and I think mostly that's because there isn't really that much out there on that stuff (I could be wrong). But for me it looks like it's going to be a story driven game, and I like a good story and of course good gameplay. So I just wish this game would come out already because I interested of how it is.

Munkk1
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Well the fact that there isn't much gameplay (30-40mins perhaps) is probably because of the game's heavy reliance on the story. I think it's pretty hard to show much about it as that might give away the plot and scares quite a bit. I think that this is best when played fresh as in the second run you remember the story and some of the scares... Still a day 1 buy for me and not least because of Max Payne and the fact that I'm finnish too :)

Squalo FIN
04-17-2010, 11:07 PM
That game looks really good. The release day of this game has been postponed 4 years.

Atroxx70
04-30-2010, 06:31 AM
You know, I can watch the scariest movie ever made and not flinch but for some reason, a good scary game makes my heart race and my palms sweaty. I was never able to finish Silent Hill because it gave me nightmares. I had only a passing interest in this game until I saw that video just now, I'm going to go pre-order it tomorrow. Looks really good and I can't wait to get the shit scared out of me.

Bearded Bugs
04-30-2010, 10:02 AM
I was never able to finish Silent Hill because it gave me nightmares. I was like that with Silent Hill 2; it didn't get finished for over a year!

Atroxx70
04-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I was like that with Silent Hill 2; it didn't get finished for over a year!

I feel like such a pansy now, but I was a kid at the time so I guess it's somewhat excusable. I was always able to get to the part where you go in the school and you open up the portal to hell or whatever it is and the whole town changes into that creepy industrial goth style. Had to stop right there every time.

Barad
05-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Man I cannot wait for this game!