PDA

View Full Version : Subscribe?

Rocket
04-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Ok, I am ready to make my donation to the site, but what is the difference and how do I make the distinction? I see that there is the "Red Room" and am assuming that is for subscribers, but how do I know the difference between the two? And also, I searched and read the recent thread on someone donating, and someone said that there are two buttons at the top to Subscribe or Donate, but there isn't a link anywhere to subscribe, only to donate. So any info would be greatly appreciated.

Creech
04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
For clarity, the Red Room has nothing to do with donating or subscribing.

Also, at the top of the forums page there should be two Visa/Mastercard logos. One says Donate, one says Subscribe.

If you are only seeing one, try clearing your cache. I am not sure if the skins matter, I use the xbox360 wide style and it has them just to the right of center, directly above the menu bars.

If that doesn't work for you, click here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/index.php?do=donate) to donate and here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/payments.php) to subscribe.

AOS Puck
04-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Also, you can goto your UserCP and scroll down to Paid Subscriptions and subscribe there.

FYI: Subscriptions are a recurring monthly payment so just remember that when choosing the level you want to subscribe to.

Rocket
04-18-2007, 05:44 PM
For clarity, the Red Room has nothing to do with donating or subscribing.

Also, at the top of the forums page there should be two Visa/Mastercard logos. One says Donate, one says Subscribe.

If you are only seeing one, try clearing your cache. I am not sure if the skins matter, I use the xbox360 wide style and it has them just to the right of center, directly above the menu bars.

If that doesn't work for you, click here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/index.php?do=donate) to donate and here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/payments.php) to subscribe.

Ok on the Red Room thing, wasn't sure..

And I cleared everything, and yet there is still only one Button up there and it says DONATE, I also swithched to the wide style and still nothing...

Thank you for the links tho that makes it easy for me

Also, you can goto your UserCP and scroll down to Paid Subscriptions and subscribe there.

FYI: Subscriptions are a recurring monthly payment so just remember that when choosing the level you want to subscribe to.

THanks...and yeah, I know the difference...I just didn't want to have to go through the donation process each month...makes it easier for me to subscribe

Rocket
04-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Damnit, you know what, I don't use paypal and am not going to get another account. They are wanting me to let them charge my account for money, fu*k that. Thanks for the info guys, if there was another way to donate I surely would, but am not using paypal..they have screwed me out of hundreds of dollars in the past and am not going to start that again...

AOS Puck
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Rock, Paypal only charges you if you are receiving money on your account. If they were charging you to send people money, they were screwing you out of money. I've been with them since their inception and have never been charged one dime by them for sending money to other people.

Rocket
04-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Rock, Paypal only charges you if you are receiving money on your account. If they were charging you to send people money, they were screwing you out of money. I've been with them since their inception and have never been charged one dime by them for sending money to other people.

no no no, your misunderstanding me...a while back I got screwed out of $245.00 from paypal because some ass didn't send me my stuff, and even though i filed my grievence with them and all they did not get me my refund, so I closed my account and refuse to ever use it again. So, when i went to donate here, it wants me to create a new account and in order to set up my credit card, they are going to charge me $1.95 on my credit card and then just credit that to my PayPal account, which I will never use. So that is what I'm saying about them wanting to charge me money.

AOS Puck
04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
they are going to charge me $1.95 on my credit card and then just credit that to my PayPal account, which I will never use.

You'll use that $1.95 the first time you donate here. But I can understand you being pissed that they never reimbursed you for the other money.