PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Problems

Br0kenAssass1n
07-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Just a disclaimer, I know my 360 is fucked, and I'm buying a new one tomorrow, but I'm interested if anyone can tell me what's wrong with it, and why.

Anyway, I've had this 360 for nigh on 10 months, and it's safe to say it's been played a considerable amount over those 10 months. For the majority of those 10 months its been fine, with no problems whatsoever.

That said, over the past week, the 360 has been a nightmare. I'll turn it on, it'll crash on the dashboard, so I turn it off. I turn it back on, again, it'll crash, but this time when I bring up the guide button. Turn it off, and then back on, for it to crash on the guide button, but the time will still continue as normal, and the dashboard in the background still doing what it does (flashing and whatnot, messages/gamerscore etc). Pretty much any activity on the dashboard makes it crash.

As well as that, I'm almost always unable to join parties, yet my NAT is open, so I figure this is another bi-product of my faulty/fucked 360, same as the random disconnections (and connections) from (and to) XBL.

Lastly, if I manage to get the 360 turned on without it crashing and boot up a game, sometimes it'll just come up with a black screen, and not do anything. It won't boot up the game, and even more frustrating, it won't let me go to the dashboard, instead preferring to crash.

All in all, this has made me SO frustrated, but I've lost several pounds due to having to get up and down from the sofa.

Ideas?

snipingheadshot
07-18-2010, 08:27 PM
What do you mean by crashing? Is is freezing? It sounds like pre-RRoD symptoms and it just isn't giving the red rings. If you have only had it for 10 months, you are still under warranty if you have it. I know you said you are buying a new one, but if it is under warranty it is free to repair. Although, then you run the chance of getting a refurbished 360 which is worse.

Damage
07-18-2010, 08:56 PM
If you really want a new one (I assume new black fancy pants version), why not send it away for repair. Its totally free and even if it is a refurbished model you are sent, you can sell it or trade-it in for some cash/credit.

Either way it costs you nothing, but a little time and your going to end up better off then just dumping it or putting it down as being busted and putting it in a corner somewhere.

Br0kenAssass1n
07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Would either of you be willing to point me in the direction to set this in motion?

Do I need any documentation? As I have none.

EmporerDragon
07-19-2010, 02:10 AM
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/default.aspx

Just select "Repair Your Console" and go from there (You'll also have to register your console if not already done so).

Br0kenAssass1n
07-19-2010, 09:15 AM
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/default.aspx

Just select "Repair Your Console" and go from there (You'll also have to register your console if not already done so).

Thank you kindly.