PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade my DS lite for a DSi?

Cyburn360
07-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I have had my DS Lite for almost 4 years, and am thinking of getting a DSi.

Has anyone else done this?

squallwindlord
07-18-2010, 09:15 PM
really no. If your DS Like broke down, then you could buy DSi, but not for only change it.

Takamura Bear
07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
I was thinking of doing this myself, but I don't really know if it's worth it with all the money you have to pay.

The internet and built-in-camera doesn't really appeal to me that much. Only the slightly bigger screen is what I am after, but is it worth shelling out just for that?

DOOKH8R
07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Isn't there a new DS coming out soon? Possibly in 3-D?

macgyver893
07-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I've been thinking about doing the same EXACT thing for some time now.

I actually bought a DSi XL and traded in my old DS Lite, went home and tried it, and immediately went back to Gamestop to return the XL and get my old machine back. The XL was way too awkward, clunky, and heavy even for me.

So I've been thinking about getting a regular DSi for some time now, and I would say wait until you can find it on sale for a good price. And I don't know if you're planning on trading in your Lite to help with the purchase, but I don't think I would trade it in if it were me.

Kairi
08-05-2010, 02:09 AM
I voted no. It seems like they come out with a new one every year now, and the DS lite is still great so there isnt much of a reason to trade it in..

institutions
08-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Yeah, i'd wait for the 3DS to come out.

I'm using an old fat DS and can't connect to my wifi because the original DS and DS Lites can only connect to wifi with WEP encryption, and mine has WPA. The DSi is the only one that can connect with WPA, so i'm in a somewhat similar boat.

Just gotta wait for the sweet 3D.

hodge
08-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm going to wait for the 3DS. I'm still rocking the original Ds! Woooo =P

AZNg0d104
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
To answer your question: No, do not upgrade your DS lite to the DSi. Yes, you should upgrade, like many others on this forum, to a 3DS which will be coming near Winter of 2010. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

:)

My DSi will have a buddy!