PDA

View Full Version : 85 Rating with Pitcher?

solus909
07-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm wondering if it's possible to get an 85 rating with a starting pitcher. I've been sitting at an 80 for an eternity and it's almost painful now how much XP is needed to increase a stat by just 1. A few questions...

1. How is the overall rating calculated? I tried every combination of stats, including fielding, baserunning, etc. and couldn't figure it out.
2. I'm still using just three pitches. Does buying a new pitch and leveling it up help your overall rating?
3. For those who did get to 85 with a pitcher, how long did it take and how many games did you play?

I know I'm being annoying and this has probably been covered before, but any help or insight would help. I like the game but I really need to know if I should continue before sinking anymore hours into this.

nappster187
07-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I have no clue about the status of pitchers. I have been playing with an infielder... seemed like a pitcher would take too long.

Good luck, sorry I couldnt help.

Redhawk23
07-25-2010, 01:24 PM
i understand completely. I am playing a career with a pitcher in my 6th season, and I still am at 87. i have pitched every single game except spring training. My player didnt even go up 1 point in season 4 and 5. I am also playing as a shortstop. By the allstar break of my 1st full season, I was at 94. It is very weird how it works.

jswartz0181
08-05-2010, 07:10 AM
I just hit 85 on my starting pitcher this afternoon (have four (IF, OF, SP, RP) that I juggle around playing as), and that was near the end of the 2012 season (playing every game, but well.... as a SP, that's not very many, since you only play every fifth game). I'm thinking though that the number of pitches does matter, as that means you have more opportunities to gain improvement, and thus for your rating to go up. I just can't decide what to have as a 5th pitch before notching up the bar the last 47 points (hate how somehow I got three extra total points) it needs hehe.

jswartz0181
01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
In a quest to become my teams #1, I had to get my pitcher's rating up, and I think I determined that it's the average value of your pitching stats (note, overall pitch stats are used instead of the speed/control/velocity) and clutch rating, and then rounded to the nearest whole number -- I think.