PDA

View Full Version : Shishkabob :( Driving Me Crazy

HighT3chR3dn3ck (2)
07-19-2010, 03:39 AM
I've tried multiple methods from the forums, tried with multiple characters, and nothing. I haven't even once gotten a decapitation with a projectile. If there is anyoen that has a fool proof way, or could help me out that would be great.

Riddle_Me_This
07-19-2010, 04:16 AM
I don't think there is a sure fire way to do it, but it will eventually happen.

I got it while playing as the Spartan against a Viking. He was nearly dead and getting up from the floor when I dodged back once, pressed B, and threw a spear right through his head that stuck to a wall in the bottom corner of my screen.

ILiies
07-19-2010, 05:06 AM
The best way is to use the viking double spear, on a un- armored oponent, and use the spears straight of the bat. Works for me 90% of the time, i would have gotten this achievement like 5 times over by now.

HighT3chR3dn3ck (2)
07-19-2010, 07:03 AM
You mean right away? As soon as the match starts? No movement whatsoever? Does the stage matter?

HighT3chR3dn3ck (2)
07-20-2010, 01:12 AM
I seriously must be doing something wrong here, cause I have hit the head with the Spartan and the Viking many times, but no decapitation :( I have all the other achievements.

I GOT IT!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED!!!

drzsnyper
07-20-2010, 06:41 AM
I seriously must be doing something wrong here, cause I have hit the head with the Spartan and the Viking many times, but no decapitation :( I have all the other achievements.

I GOT IT!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED!!!

How did you get it? I've been trying to get this for two days with no luck.

Vanilla Coke Zero
07-21-2010, 04:41 AM
i got lucky when i was playing against my friend and he was an apache. he was running away and i launched a spear that tore his head clean off. then bloop, achievement unlocked:woop:

GirDraxa
07-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Got this by chance vs a very injured Apache with the Spartan. Definitely easier vs an opponent with no shield.

stephen ryan
07-24-2010, 11:55 PM
just keep trying, you will get it eventually :)

superjw701
07-25-2010, 06:13 PM
for anyone else that is looking to get this, a pretty good way is to use the viking against the apache. use combo "Y" until the health of apache is critical. then use the vikings double spear throw. hopefully it will hit the apaches head and take it off, but it will take several attempts to get it. after about 10 tries is when i got it

HighT3chR3dn3ck (2)
07-25-2010, 11:52 PM
So I've never seen a decapitation on a local game, the only time I have ever seen it was a Viking vs. Apache or Ninja online. That's how I had to get mine. Had to have have help.

Bergy3
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I have not tested this yet but I hope someone else can confirm for me...

After you defeat the arcade mode with all warriors you unlock the challenge mode; in it there is 'Survival Slice'. This is the mini-game you always play before you tackle the final opponent in arcade, every strike is a dismemberment or decap, should be easy to get it here.

Sarth5
07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
The best way is to use the viking double spear, on a un- armored oponent, and use the spears straight of the bat. Works for me 90% of the time, i would have gotten this achievement like 5 times over by now.

Thats exactly what I did. I got my viking against a spartan i think, and just messing around I got it. Then after that I could continuously spear his head to the wall.

Sarth5
07-29-2010, 04:41 PM
I have not tested this yet but I hope someone else can confirm for me...

After you defeat the arcade mode with all warriors you unlock the challenge mode; in it there is 'Survival Slice'. This is the mini-game you always play before you tackle the final opponent in arcade, every strike is a dismemberment or decap, should be easy to get it here.

No I've tried that. Those challenges don't count to achievements. I've also tried it for the 100 decaps but it didn't count for it.

Akka
08-24-2010, 09:45 PM
How do you do the double spear throw?!

Darkrune495
09-10-2010, 11:37 PM
I am also stuck on this achievement and have tried every suggestion mentioned here.
Most of the time the spear goes into the head but the head doesn't come off and the other times the spear goes into the neck or chest.

Maybe i'm doing it wrong?

(@Akka you need to complete arcade with the viking)

EDIT: I've got it now. Got it while playing a mate online

Dany1981Mtl
01-05-2011, 06:29 AM
i just got it too, i used the Spartan vs the Apache in a local game (with 2 controllers) on the Greek Amphitheatre arena. I hit the Apache with X until his health was critical then i changed my weapon to the heavy javelin and pressed O. The Apache's head came off pretty fast and achievement unlocked. It didn't even hit the wall.