PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Slim Data Transfer

tommy2648
07-19-2010, 06:39 AM
I cant remember my Windows Live ID so I cant use the actual data transfer thing because I cant recover gamertag.

Can I use a memory stick to transfer the data over AND my profiles? Really important.

HAiiRyJellyBean
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I would think so why not?

Hayabusaa
07-19-2010, 12:03 PM
I cant remember my Windows Live ID so I cant use the actual data transfer thing because I cant recover gamertag.

Can I use a memory stick to transfer the data over AND my profiles? Really important.
I used a USB stick myself, instead of shelling out an additional 15.

Step 1) Insert USB Stick into your previous Xbox 360.

Step 2) It will ask to make it 'compatible' with the 360. THIS WILL FORMAT YOUR USB. BACK UP YOUR USB BEFORE DOING THIS.

Step 3) After the USB has met the 360's 'performance requirements', start transferring your stuff over to the USB. Some things may not fit, so uncheck certain things from the available list. This may require you to make few trips between 360's, depending on how much data you have. Transfer time will take about 5 mins, give or take.

Step 4) When step three is done, insert USB into your new 360 and transfer the data onto it.

Step 5) Happy days. Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you have additional data yet to be transferred.

Step 6) You may have to transfer all your downloaded content licenses. To do this, visit www.xbox.com/drm (http://www.xbox.com/drm) and follow the steps. After this is done, the downloads will be queued on your 360, but have an error sign next to them on the Active Downloads. Select the content and just hit 'Download Now'. All should be swell.

Step 7) Happier Days.

Hope this was clear enough to follow. Hope I helped and best of luck.

-Haya.