PDA

View Full Version : Has Hell's Kitchen become the most predictable show ever?

Korean
07-19-2010, 08:20 AM
Yeah..I've been watching Hell's Kitchen (U.S.) ever since it started, but now it's getting too predictable. I'm sure for some it was getting redundant much sooner than it did for me.

I mean at the end when Gordon Ramsay decides who to send home, he always uses these "OMG (not) twists" that have been used in the previous 314901385 seasons.

It's still enjoyable to watch, but I guess it's not long until this show meets its expiration date.

Starstrukk X360A
07-19-2010, 12:04 PM
I never found any interest in that show.

Most game/competition shows become predictable though.

PointPlaceWI
07-19-2010, 12:20 PM
I think Ramsy is an amazing chef and its sorta funny to watch him yell at people on occasion but I had a room mate my freshman year of college who was a culinary major and watched that show every damn day and I haven't watched it since then because I grew so tired of it.

crazy W01f 816
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Honesty, who watches that show to see who gets eliminated? I just watch it so I can see Chef Ramsey yell at people and call people retarded donkeys. I'm still waiting for someone to actually take a stand and yell back, but it doesn't look like that will happen this season.

Death Metal Jim
07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Honesty, who watches that show to see who gets eliminated? I just watch it so I can see Chef Ramsey yell at people and call people retarded donkeys. I'm still waiting for someone to actually take a stand and yell back, but it doesn't look like that will happen this season.

What this guy said :). Oh ya, and Kitchen Nightmares is way more redundant than Hell's Kitchen IMO.

Joker0fLife
07-20-2010, 03:14 AM
"Hmmmm....who should I fire this week? You two shitsmucks did the worst culinary art mastery ive ever seen. You should be ashamed to call yourselves chefs. You know what? Your both fired. Go hang up your jackets and get the hell out of here."

Like I didn't see that coming....every episode is the same. It's like dragonball z for chefs...wait 15 minutes just for something pointless. It's a popularity contest.

WillScot55
07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
It is predictable but that's what I like about it as at this point any sort of shake up is not really going to help the show, I mean if Gordon does not like who was put up he will gert rid of someone else anyway so it's not like that part really matters anyway

The Pants Party
07-21-2010, 04:23 PM
I think Ice Road Truckers takes this one.

"OH MY GOD THEY'RE GONNA HIT THE OTHER TRUCK!!!" Oh, they're fine.
"OH MY GOD THEY'RE GONNA GO THROUGH THE ICE!!!" Oh, they didn't.
"OH NO HE'S GONNA FALL ASLEEP!!!" Oh good, he drank some coffee.

Genesis x360a
07-21-2010, 04:33 PM
I think Ice Road Truckers takes this one.

"OH MY GOD THEY'RE GONNA HIT THE OTHER TRUCK!!!" Oh, they're fine.
"OH MY GOD THEY'RE GONNA GO THROUGH THE ICE!!!" Oh, they didn't.
"OH NO HE'S GONNA FALL ASLEEP!!!" Oh good, he drank some coffee.

So true. Ive watched it a couple of times and its so anticlimax.

OT:

I love watching Hells Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares and the F-Word. Gordon Ramsey is my favourite TV Chef. I love watching his shows just to see him go off the rails at people :p but sometimes it just feels scripted like there expecting it.

dakisbac
07-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Like others I watch it on occasion to watch him bitch out the chefs, but otherwise it's pointless to watch.

I've only ever seen one person tell him off, and it wasn't even that big a deal.

Ramsay: "You're shit"
Girl: "No, you're shit"
Ramsay "Get out of my kitchen!!!"

The later, all was forgiven.

sweatdog
07-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah, the show does the same things every year, over and over again. It still uses the same incidental music,locations, title sequences, overly edited segments to make everything seem more "dramatic", and every episode claims to have a twist that "has never happened before in the history of Hell's Kitchen". Yeah, right! Like everyone else here, I just watch to see Gordon Ramsey cuss every one out and throw his hissy fits. They're the only reason to watch.

A Satyr
07-21-2010, 06:19 PM
I hope that at the end of this season when its time for the winner to step through the door...

Both doors are locked...

WillScot55
07-23-2010, 04:26 AM
oh and ever year I watch it and think I need to try a risotto

TVthePunisher
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I only watched on episode and it was the finale of one season, but I think American Idol is far more predictable. Why? America's predictable. The winner is always going to be above average in attractiveness, and all the uglier people will probably get booted when they reach the judges...so in reality, not ANYONE can be an American idol...ANYONE who can sing, is moderately or above average attractive and is entertaining can be the American Idol.

America's so biased...sometimes they do vote for "appearance" rather than singing ability, as I've seen happen a few times over the past few years ~_~; typically the last two are actually pretty talented, but most definately average in appearance at the very least. Of course, by this time, they've been done and redone so many times in appearance that they'll APPEAR above average (Crystal for example, was "icky bleh" before and then "Hey, not bad" by the end).