PDA

View Full Version : Who would you say is overpowered?

W1tchHunter
07-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Im gonna have to say the ninja, he is fast, dodges stuff piss easy, can get behind you in a second if you miss him once and he has 2 combos that can kill you instantly if he starts them XXYY with the sword and AXY (i think) with the kusarigama.

notty
07-19-2010, 03:14 PM
i think that the pirate is overpowered because

1. he has a gun
2. he can throw grenades

Annalie
07-19-2010, 03:21 PM
All the f*****s with shields on deadliest diff. they took up up most of my time except for the viking surprisingly.

W1tchHunter
07-19-2010, 03:35 PM
All the f*****s with shields on deadliest diff. they took up up most of my time except for the viking surprisingly.
it was always the spartan who took me ages to beat lol

and the pirates not bad his sword skills arnt really good tbh and the bombs are easy to evade if you pay attention

Annalie
07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
As of right now im trying to do the 3 on deadliest difficulty i made it with the ninja, and now im on the knight and man its the most cheapest shit i have ever played next to doa4. when its done and over with im never playing on that difficulty again. not even for the stupid samurai hat.

xBiG ReDx
07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
As of right now im trying to do the 3 on deadliest difficulty i made it with the ninja, and now im on the knight and man its the most cheapest shit i have ever played next to doa4. when its done and over with im never playing on that difficulty again. not even for the stupid samurai hat.
i didnt have a huge problem on deadliest difficulty... i did have a problem with the ninja... if he gets a single combo on u than u lose

ILiies
07-19-2010, 06:44 PM
I think Ninja and Apache, they're fast as a F1 car lol. I think the apache is a little bit cheaper Imo. He gets one combo with his tomohawks on you and your done. Aswell as his arrow's being faster than the blowdart.

W1tchHunter
07-19-2010, 08:07 PM
i didnt have a huge problem on deadliest difficulty... i did have a problem with the ninja... if he gets a single combo on u than u lose
lol its the same on multiplayer

FallThrone
07-20-2010, 04:43 AM
i think alot of characters are pretty balanced. just depends on who you use because they are grouped in categories. personally, i dont touch anyone else but the ninja. not only am i a huge ninja fan, but i like the speed, moves, and combos. seems like almost every character has a combo that can kill you from full health. what i hate is fighting online. after i learned the dashboard trick, i got the online achievement, but almost everyone uses spartans and vikings. they stand there hiding behind their shield and when u get close they just throw a spear through your head. i got the pattern down long ago cause everyone does the same thing but even when i dodge to the side, the spear hits me. or people who use apache or ninja, spam poison darts or arrows, then run in circles and wait for you to die while you chase them. anybody can be cheap. the games awesome though and the ninja i think is the best.

KutleryKing
07-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Definitely the Ninja. Who here hasn't been assaulted by this guy? Like really, no matter who you are, you let him get one combo in and you're done.

I hope they tone him down in a patch or something, because he's ridiculous.

W1tchHunter
07-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Definitely the Ninja. Who here hasn't been assaulted by this guy? Like really, no matter who you are, you let him get one combo in and you're done.

lol i know right its crazy :P

FallThrone
07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
i dont think he should be toned down. thats how ninjas were. makes up for little armor. apache has killer combos too. i think all the characters are well balanced. if they toned down the fighters with no armor, it would just make it harder to beat everyone else that hides behind shields.

MAxiMoZ
07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
I would say the Ninja because he has a combo that will kill you instantly an de Anoying > : ( Viking because he juse only the throwing spire

Luiquid
07-22-2010, 08:18 PM
I wouldnt call any of them "overpowered" more like time period realism. After all this isnt a street fighter or tekken where moves you use take an amount of life of your bar. the game like the show has to take into account more then a static damage amount

FallThrone
07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
i agree. take into consideration the time period each is from. while spartans had wood covered in bronze, ninja had tempered steel.

iJon72
07-23-2010, 03:42 PM
the only time i had trouble with deadliest is when facin the ninja with the apache, i never really liked apache -.- anyway i have my samurai hat now. although i get annoyed at the ninja because it can stun you then kil you in one combo =[

kyboy
07-23-2010, 10:04 PM

agree 100 percent! lol.. ridiculous

FallThrone
07-23-2010, 11:35 PM
it seems like everyone says they hate the ninja cause he has a combo that can kill you. i'm pretty sure every character in the game has a combo that can kill you. they made this game based on realism so you can get killed really easy. its not just the ninja.

stephen ryan
07-24-2010, 10:49 PM
the viking, if you get close and you still have the double spears which is usually instant headshot, he is slightly slow but makes up for it in strength, also his combos flow very fast. So he is the most overpowered. :eek:

Azuto
07-25-2010, 02:52 AM
Ninja with kursiagami is overpowered and noobish online, blinding someone and spamming one combo that has range and is near impossible to parry takes no skill, same goes for poison/kite method. That being said, if you know the trick and play like a homo, pirate is the most overpowered, there is a certain range where is someone runs at you blunderbluss will one-shot headshot you everytime, I've seen a few people hosting games with infinite time, they play as pirate, and they just sit there and wait til you move at them, once you do, BAM, one shotted, its super cheap.

DarkBurai
07-30-2010, 03:15 AM
In my experience with Deadliest Warrior...

Definetly the Ninja.

His mid range weapon is a nightmare.

I find it cheap when people go online and use it, it requires like no skill.

Same with the Viking's double spear throw.

Xoatl
07-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Knight with the mace.

Trying to beat him as the Centurion at the moment.

Motherfucker just goes straight through my shield.

mcnichoj
07-31-2010, 10:32 PM
The game is pretty balanced, but as most people said and I would have to agree with the top two chaarcters being Ninja and Pirate.
Ninja has the two instant death combos, is fast and has the obscene poision dart.
Pirates can easily trap people with bomb spam and can play keep away better then any other character mainly because none of them can play keep away.

Centurion is a pretty close third I think, he can rape the shield out of another shield users hands instantly.

Sarth5
08-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Ninjas because if they hit you and your not blocking your dead.

Also pirates are strong but not overpowered if played well.

FallThrone
08-21-2010, 12:55 AM
most people think the ninja is overpowered. the ninja is by far my favorite and probably alot of peoples fav. i dont even play with anyone else but the ninja unless i was forced to for an achv. maybe everyone thinks the ninja is overpowered because in fact he is the DEADLIEST WARRIOR!!

Tru Ghost LT
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
most people think the ninja is overpowered. the ninja is by far my favorite and probably alot of peoples fav. i dont even play with anyone else but the ninja unless i was forced to for an achv. maybe everyone thinks the ninja is overpowered because in fact he is the DEADLIEST WARRIOR!!

He got destroyed by the spartan :woop:

Vanilla Coke Zero
08-26-2010, 11:28 PM
i dont think he should be toned down. thats how ninjas were. makes up for little armor. apache has killer combos too. i think all the characters are well balanced. if they toned down the fighters with no armor, it would just make it harder to beat everyone else that hides behind shields.

in real life, a ninja wouldn't be able to kill a knight or spartan with any sort of combo unless it was from behind. in real life, most ninjas killed you in your sleep. they're pretty exaggerated in deadliest warrior. but hey, higher ratings are what shows are all about.

Vanilla Coke Zero
08-26-2010, 11:31 PM
the only time i had trouble with deadliest is when facin the ninja with the apache, i never really liked apache -.- anyway i have my samurai hat now. although i get annoyed at the ninja because it can stun you then kil you in one combo =[

it's a helmet.

FallThrone
08-26-2010, 11:50 PM
ninjas killed you in your sleep because thats what they did and thats who they are. stealth warriors. like the show said, they pit warriors against each other that would normally never have met in history. if you watched the ninja versus spartan episode, it was clearly a horrible comparison of fighting styles. and on the aftermath show, they got bombarded with questions asking why they were pitted against each other. definitely the most controversial match-up ever. ninjas weaponry at the time was far more sophisticated than any other using tempered steel when all others had wood coated in bronze. stealth is a very great way to accomplish missions. all spartans did was fight head on, like most warriors did. i wouldn't be that kind of fighter. look at the civil war for example. everyone stands in a row and shoots at each other, knowing that in a matter of minutes, your going to die. stupid imo. the ninja were never and are not stupid. not to mention all the tools they made. tons of very clever fighting aids. theres so many unfair comparisons to that battle that i could go on for a while but ill try to stop.

iJon72
09-10-2010, 07:10 PM
although ninja is def the best i never play as it. i choose spartan or pirate normally

caby456
11-14-2010, 02:29 AM
apache!

nuff said

http://card.mygamercard.net/caby456.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/caby456)

Hutchy27
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't really say any is that overpowered, you just need to have a tactic to beating them.

UCB Disco
12-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Honestly, I think this game is pretty balanced for most of the characters. There will be times I'll rock with a character only to be blown away by someone random.

However, if we're going to talk about most pathetic, that poor Apache. No armor. No shield. Short-range weapons are way too short. He's not very fast. Dodging is so-so. There really isn't one character that he can totally own.

For every other character, there's always one particular character that they can totally destroy, based on balance. The Apache, well, he is just the weakest link. Poor guy. It's not his fault he lived in an uncivilized area where they had no metals to forge. Rocks and sticks can only get you so far.

Hutchy27
12-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Honestly, I think this game is pretty balanced for most of the characters. There will be times I'll rock with a character only to be blown away by someone random.

However, if we're going to talk about most pathetic, that poor Apache. No armor. No shield. Short-range weapons are way too short. He's not very fast. Dodging is so-so. There really isn't one character that he can totally own.

For every other character, there's always one particular character that they can totally destroy, based on balance. The Apache, well, he is just the weakest link. Poor guy. It's not his fault he lived in an uncivilized area where they had no metals to forge. Rocks and sticks can only get you so far.

I agree that the Apache is the weakest link. Never had a trouble with fighting him once :)

Narwal
12-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I would say the pirate is overpowered but you can blow yourself up so I would say the ninja. The only thing wrong with his is you can't take a combo.

damastaf
01-03-2011, 02:41 PM
The Pirate and Ninja sometimes give me a little trouble. It just depends on who you are playing with though, overall I think this game is pretty balanced.