PDA

View Full Version : Family Settings Lock!

Damian227
07-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Ok my mate is having hell with his 360, he has an Arcade version and for whatever reason, despite being 22 he put on the childlock... but despite being 22, it keeps demanding he enter the password to download DLC, watch videos etc? That's where the problem comes in, he was drunk and can't remember what the password is... to top it off, he doesn't know his security question lol.

I've tried everything, we use the 'reset password' and make a new one... only when we try and access the family settings, it asks for the password, we type in the new one and it doesn't work still!?

We can't even use the 'reset to factory settings'... because it requires the password to do so and it won't register the new password we keep setting.

Any ideas what he can do?

Flik Nightshade
07-19-2010, 09:51 PM
You're going to have to call the Xbox hotline most likely [1-800-4MY-XBOX] and get an admin pass code to break the lock. I had this problem with a used DSi once before and had to go through the same process. I imagine they're similar.

Damian227
07-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Ugh, I had hoped to avoid it as I'm going to have to do it for him... he's from Newcastle so I doubt the American help guys are going to understand a word he says... I don't half the time haha.