PDA

View Full Version : Finishing the Game

Br0kenAssass1n
07-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Right, no doubt this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find the answer.

I've seen numerous posts mentioning the end of the game, and the point of no return is accepting 'Take it back' from Sarah Lyons, but I've also seen one stating that if you've got Broken Steel (I have), this doesn't apply.

Is this true? As I've got Broken Steel (and the other DLCs, for that matter), is there an 'end' to the game, or am I essentially able to play forever, no matter what I do?

Appreciate the clarification to whomever replies.

[Waggly Bean]
07-19-2010, 09:49 PM
It's true. With Broken Steel, it continues the story, and you can effectively play on forever.

I finshed the game before getting any of the DLC, then got all of it at once on the GOTY disc - loaded up my save and carried on to do all the DLC and the rest of the achievements. ;)

Br0kenAssass1n
07-19-2010, 10:00 PM
;3319202']It's true. With Broken Steel, it continues the story, and you can effectively play on forever.

I finshed the game before getting any of the DLC, then got all of it at once on the GOTY disc - loaded up my save and carried on to do all the DLC and the rest of the achievements. ;)

Ugh, then I've been meandering along looking for those damn Nuka Cola Quantum bottles when I could have come back to it later? Ah well, at least I know now.

You're a star, appreciate it. :)

arachnophilia
07-20-2010, 04:40 AM
Is this true? As I've got Broken Steel (and the other DLCs, for that matter), is there an 'end' to the game, or am I essentially able to play forever, no matter what I do?

just a clarification on an important caveat:

broken steel must be installed before you reach the point of no return.

if you install it after the reaching the point of no return, and simply re-load a saved game right before the final choice, your game will just end as it would have without the DLC.

[Waggly Bean]
07-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Ugh, then I've been meandering along looking for those damn Nuka Cola Quantum bottles when I could have come back to it later? Ah well, at least I know now.

You're a star, appreciate it. :)

No worries.

And from what I recall, I think there were loads more Nuka Cola Quantums on the map than you needed for the achievement, therefore you don't need to really worry about hunting them down - you should easily get them if you generally explore the game-world. :)

arachnophilia
07-21-2010, 12:14 AM
;3323074']No worries.

And from what I recall, I think there were loads more Nuka Cola Quantums on the map than you needed for the achievement, therefore you don't need to really worry about hunting them down - you should easily get them if you generally explore the game-world. :)

yeah, i just didn't use any of them, ever. i had well over 30 before starting the mission, both times i played the game.

Br0kenAssass1n
07-22-2010, 09:48 AM
;3323074']No worries.

There's 94, and you need 30. Unfortunately I used quite a lot before I found out about the quest, otherwise it wouldn't have been a problem.

yeah, i just didn't use any of them, ever. i had well over 30 before starting the mission, both times i played the game.

I used about 15. Coincidentally I'm now on 14, so I could have been done, well, almost anyway.

McGoogles
07-24-2010, 03:38 AM
There's 94, and you need 30. Unfortunately I used quite a lot before I found out about the quest, otherwise it wouldn't have been a problem.

I used about 15. Coincidentally I'm now on 14, so I could have been done, well, almost anyway.

Seeing as you're getting the DLC, you may want to get the perk at level 21-30 that allows you to create Nuka-Cola Quantums per every 10 Nuka-Colas. It makes that quest a lot easier.

arachnophilia
07-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Seeing as you're getting the DLC, you may want to get the perk at level 21-30 that allows you to create Nuka-Cola Quantums per every 10 Nuka-Colas. It makes that quest a lot easier.

i would advise against that. nuka cola quantums aren't that hard to come by, and that's a waste of a perk to just complete 1 quest. there are much better perks to take.

McGoogles
07-24-2010, 08:23 PM
i would advise against that. nuka cola quantums aren't that hard to come by, and that's a waste of a perk to just complete 1 quest. there are much better perks to take.

Well, he said that he's running short on Quantums so maybe that perk will save some time and help him.

Br0kenAssass1n
07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, he said that he's running short on Quantums so maybe that perk will save some time and help him.

I did get it, and it has helped. Thanks. :)