PDA

View Full Version : Use real instruments?

zaXor101
07-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Me and my friend were talking about RB3 and he told me that you will be able to buy a device which you can plug a full size electric guitar into instead of using the crappy plastic toys.

Is this true?

TwistedFate
07-20-2010, 12:06 AM
No, it isn't true. You can buy a MIDI device that lets you plug in an electronic drum kit.

They are releasing a full size electric guitar that you can use as a controller and a guitar, but it has special electronics in the neck. You can't use just any electric guitar.

mikachu93
07-20-2010, 02:24 AM
No, it isn't true. You can buy a MIDI device that lets you plug in an electronic drum kit.

They are releasing a full size electric guitar that you can use as a controller and a guitar, but it has special electronics in the neck. You can't use just any electric guitar.
Can we just get this sticky'd already?

TwistedFate
07-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Can we just get this sticky'd already?

Won't make difference, but an FAQ may be called for.

master_shake_350
07-20-2010, 08:07 AM

Do you know if this will be the same for a midi keyboard?

TwistedFate
07-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Do you know if this will be the same for a midi keyboard?

I believe they said it worked for a keyboard too. I don't see why it wouldn't.

ParamedicSamier
07-21-2010, 12:55 AM
So has anyone found out how much this guitar will cost and where to pre-order? Cause I mean a real Squier guitar is only about $99-200 depending on model, so I am hoping this guitar will be around $200 or less. If anyone knows any info please let me know thanks.

mikachu93
07-21-2010, 01:37 AM
So has anyone found out how much this guitar will cost and where to pre-order? Cause I mean a real Squier guitar is only about $99-200 depending on model, so I am hoping this guitar will be around $200 or less. If anyone knows any info please let me know thanks.
The Squiers that I've seen usually go for around $150, at the least, and I wouldn't expect it to be any less than that. Maybe $200-something at the most. No info's been released.

TwistedFate
07-21-2010, 02:14 AM
$230-$250 minimum. It's probably based on the Affinity Strat which retails for $180.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510423

If it's based on the Bullet, they'll probably price it at $200. However, that is probably a no sale for me. I'd rather pay more and get a better guitar. Of course, I don't really need another black Affinity Strat.

Affinity, yes. Bullet, no.

ParamedicSamier
07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
$230-$250 minimum. It's probably based on the Affinity Strat which retails for $180.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Affinity-Series-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510423

If it's based on the Bullet, they'll probably price it at $200. However, that is probably a no sale for me. I'd rather pay more and get a better guitar. Of course, I don't really need another black Affinity Strat.

Affinity, yes. Bullet, no.

Yeah I have a feeling now that it will be more like $299-399 cause I just remembered these guitars Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Rock Band Wireless Fender Wooden Stratocaster Replica: Video Games not even real but had the price of one. I hope it wont be $399

TwistedFate
07-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah I have a feeling now that it will be more like $299-399 cause I just remembered these guitars Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Rock Band Wireless Fender Wooden Stratocaster Replica: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Official-Wireless-Stratocaster-Replica/dp/B002RZW1K8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279747061&sr=8-7) not even real but had the price of one. I hope it wont be $399

I doubt they will be that much. Those were a niche item to sell to a smaller set of people. HMX will actually want people to buy these, so I think they will cut the margin a little thinner and make it up with quantity. Of course, that points right back to it being Bullet based, instead of the more expensive option.

I know this isn't technically an item under HMX's direct control, but I bet they have a say in how it is marketed.

One thing some folks don't know about this guitar is it can be hooked to the 360 and an amp at the same time. So if you are playing Pro-Mode you can hear what you are actually playing through the amp if you want.

Firvagor
07-21-2010, 09:40 PM
The MIDI adapter will work with drums and keyboards (with MIDI ports, obviously).

Pricing (speculative, at least):
MIDI adapter: ~$40 (still not much info)
keyboard: $80
game + keyboard: $130
set of three cymbals that are supposedly quieter and work in both pro and non-pro: $40
102-button guitar: ~$150
Squier Strat: ? (speculation I've seen has a majority of >$200)

ParamedicSamier
07-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I doubt they will be that much. Those were a niche item to sell to a smaller set of people. HMX will actually want people to buy these, so I think they will cut the margin a little thinner and make it up with quantity. Of course, that points right back to it being Bullet based, instead of the more expensive option.

I know this isn't technically an item under HMX's direct control, but I bet they have a say in how it is marketed.

One thing some folks don't know about this guitar is it can be hooked to the 360 and an amp at the same time. So if you are playing Pro-Mode you can hear what you are actually playing through the amp if you want.

That would be nice if they make it affordable. I really would love to get the real guitar. Cannot wait to hear a release date for them and pricing.