PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Metallica album

TX Dead Man TX
07-19-2010, 10:21 PM
My favorite would have to be And Justice For All.

Starstrukk X360A
07-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Ride the Lightning.
Or Master of Puppets.
Or the Black album.
Or ...And Justice for All.

Don't make me choose ):

Burning Karma
07-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Top three:
1) ...And Justice for All
2) Master of Puppets
3) The Black Album

Azry
07-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Kill 'em All. That my friends, is my favourite.

Miasma
07-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Either ...And Justice for All, Ride The Lightning, or The Black Album.

SevDelta
07-20-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm going to have to go with Kill 'Em All. That was the album that kicked off the big thrash movement against glam rock and is just downright classic. Master of Puppets and Ride the Lightning are just as classic but KEA had the thrash elements down to a perfection.

RtL had some great songs on it but I wasn't a huge fan of Trapped Under Ice compared to the others and Escape was written as a filler song on the album.

MoP was great and is just a notch under KEA to me only because it went away from it's roots just a tad bit for a more streamlined sound but it was still thrashy and brutal.

AJFA was a great album but very different from the others. More progressive and the songs were way more complex than before. It was a really great sound that they should have evolved upon but sadly they did not.

So, in conclusion, KEA was what I think Metallica's definitive release was. Plus, it has the greatest bass solo song of any album ever!

mcgive
07-20-2010, 05:27 PM
The Black album is their best album.

UberViking
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Kill em All, is their best and my favorite, all though creeping death is my favorite song. Everyone says this but its true, anything after Cliff Burton is trash, i can't stand ...And justice for all. I will though say that despite selling out for their self titled release, it's one of the highest selling albums of all time, so apparently they did something right.

CodSteaks
07-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, and And Justice for All are my favorites. I haven't really been a fan of much since then. The black album was still pretty good, but I see it as the beginning of their decline in my opinion. I realize bands like to evolve and all, but that doesn't make me like their newer stuff any more. I mean come on, AC/DC put out the same album however many times and we still love em, right? :p

T600p36
07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
The First Four Albums. And for the Black Album Its ok but never really liked it. and i like to think that metallica after 1993 doesnt exist