PDA

View Full Version : This game is too hard to get the achievement

ANDY3116
07-20-2010, 01:35 AM
I play a lot of times and I still can not get the achievement for a lot. It really need luck. i hate this game.

Starstrukk X360A
07-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Luck and skill, really.
It's like this with most puzzle games. I only have about three, maybe four achievements.

OMGLOL1111
07-20-2010, 01:57 AM
nothing, really NOTHING to do with luck

if you really want those achievements like i did, you have to put the time to go read the hexic.info website and understand how the game really works

then you're going to build your master grid and rule the game, and do ANYTHING you want including dealing with bombs (search youtube)

took me a couple tries and 6-7 hours but i did it and anyone can do it too

it's all about determination and perseverance

METALBOMBr
08-08-2010, 02:50 AM
I agree with you completely. I have about 3 or 4 achievements. The achievements are way too hard.

Dreamer84
08-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Damn this game is really hard but I would like to get better at it :confused:

d3let3syst3m32
08-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Using the guide on this site I got 15 Starflowers all in the pattern needed on my first try, just trying to get the 16th and a bomb came and killed me =[, I have tried again several times and can't seem to get anymore than about 11 without messing up lol. Rather annoying but I'm sure that if I keep trying I will do it.

Helium
08-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Well it took me only 81 minutes to get grand pearl pooh-bah achviement so dont know is this so hard you just have to look that you dont make mistakes and you will get it pretty easily.

Xerofox
08-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Well it took me only 81 minutes to get grand pearl pooh-bah achviement so dont know is this so hard you just have to look that you dont make mistakes and you will get it pretty easily.

Took me six months to get the grand pearl pooh-bah on a single game, sometimes I didn't play for a whole week and most of the time I just did a couple of moves and saved my game to continue on another day.

Youtube helped me a lot, the "walking" with stars is the best thing you can learn.

YouTube- ‪Walking with stars # 3‬‎

Helium
08-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Took me six months to get the grand pearl pooh-bah on a single game, sometimes I didn't play for a whole week and most of the time I just did a couple of moves and saved my game to continue on another day.

Youtube helped me a lot, the "walking" with stars is the best thing you can learn.

YouTube- ‪Walking with stars # 3‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Ypxd_iiLQ)
Well I used my own stragedy and made black pearls always in the second level when I have about 12 stars what I will make two pearls and continue star making. Thisway I didn't lose so many starts by mistake. When you reach final level you should have 5 black pearls and 6 stars (in pairs so you can make last pearl just next to your other pearls)

Pheenomx
08-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Me too it is very hard

Jedi sy
02-06-2011, 10:57 AM
It's a really hard game to get your head around

RBmaster9345
04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
This is the only game I have that I cant complete due to difficulty level. Just really hard

baronvonewman
04-20-2011, 03:46 PM
i think im giving up on hexic

Eques De Valor
04-20-2011, 04:15 PM
This game took me FOREVER to get all the cheevos for, but if you persist, you will prevail. One tip is that I kept my stars stacked until I needed them to avoid losing them accidentally. Faster you get at making stars, the better, as you avoid bombs in the beginning. Just don't give up!!

Rocketmat2
04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
I managed to get all achievements about 2 years after I started the bloody game - specifically, 175/200 right away, with Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah always eluding me.

Definitely possible (eventually), just gotta make sure you don't kill your stars prematurely like I always do!

Kaiyo
05-28-2011, 05:45 AM
I'll eventually get all the achievements for this game.

JohnAizen
06-10-2011, 09:22 AM
This game is straight rough =_=

natho420
06-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I had 149770 and only needed 230 points to get marathon mogul, but a bomb droped and i only need 1 more move and i would have got the achievement.

DMagoo24
07-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I agree. Game was hard to get most of the achievements... It drove me nuts, but I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll play again...

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
08-14-2011, 12:37 AM
The game is easy if you LEARN how the game and methods are working. Read forums, Hexic.info and watch youtube vids. They all help you to succeed. Trust me, I started learning the stuff on a thursday night and the next night I got Pooh-Bah. I kept practising and improved strategies. The more you understand how to do it the better you are. There are strategies behind all the things, like chess and other games.

MrLed64
08-24-2011, 01:10 PM
This game is just impossible, can't build master grid, also following youtube guides.

Darth Maleval
09-13-2011, 02:11 AM
It was nice that I was able to get 10 of the 12 achievements within a few months of getting the game......

On the other hand, it sucks because after almost 3 years of trying I still cannot seem to get the last two.

I agree this game is difficult. Whoever makes the grid videos seems to make the game look easy. Makes me wish I never started playing this stupid game.:uzi:

fastNcurious
09-15-2011, 02:42 AM
I think this game is pretty hard to get 100%. You either have to be really good, be really lucky, or spend a ton of time playing.

Luckily I'm not one of those who care about getting 100% on every game I play. I only go for the "reasonably achievable" ones. I ignore the "impossible" ones.

In Hexic I can just barely get one black pearl. No way I'm wasting my time going for 3 or 6 pearls. Lol.

iamtfc
09-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Just got my Grand Pearl Pooh Bah. While I had played this game a long time ago, I didn't really try for the achievemnts until a few days ago. A little luck is needed, but it's mostly experience. Armed with things I've learned on this site and at hexic.info (http://web.comhem.se/~u77401132/hexic/index.html) it was a lot easier then I thought it would be.

I had tried the set up for five black pearls a couple of times like the guide here suggests, but I either kept messing it up and destroying my silver stars or the formation would only give me four black pearls. I ended up using the basic set up for a master grid (sans the wall of Silver Stars and Black Pearls).

Knowing that making a starflower by surrounding a silver star with same color tiles will drop a new silver star from the top of the screen helped a lot when making a grid.

If people are put off by the difficulty, then just keep at it. If I can do it, so can you! :rock

GrimReaperX4
10-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I thought the last two achievements(three black pearls and the pooh-bah) were gonna be much harder than they actually turned out to be.
I never bothered building a grid. All I did was star walking and taking it slowly to avoid making mistakes. Even so, I messed up some times and wasted some star flowers but I got them both on my first try.

HabsCen10ial
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I thought the last two achievements(three black pearls and the pooh-bah) were gonna be much harder than they actually turned out to be.
I never bothered building a grid. All I did was star walking and taking it slowly to avoid making mistakes. Even so, I messed up some times and wasted some star flowers but I got them both on my first try.

How long did it take you?

DecadentBeaver
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I got my 360 end of Jan this year, and got a couple of the achievements straight away. Then realised I was awful at the game. When I moved in with my girlfriend in June, I tried again. We both play it regular now, and she is far superior than I am. She got the cluster of 3 black pearls achievement, and often beats any high score I can get. Obviously, we are having trouble with the final one, but after reading some tips here, I reckon it won't be long to complete what may be the hardest achievement I have attempted.

Just a thought, if you think its really that hard, play on a black and white tv for a challenge!

psybOltOn
10-17-2011, 07:25 PM
How long did it take you?

I was doing the same (no master grid, but starwalking) and played for a month or so every evening a bit. When I finally went for the last cheevo, I got it in a half day. I also messed up a couple of times, but if you plan it shouldn't be too hard.

coughla701
10-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I play a lot of times and I still can not get the achievement for a lot. It really need luck. i hate this game.

You and me both. This game annoys me so much!!!

Enox92
11-06-2011, 10:15 AM
This game is so addicting. So far I managed to get just one pearl though but I'm definitely going for the 100%.

TimespliTT
12-03-2011, 05:18 AM
nothing, really NOTHING to do with luck

i have 5 red. need one more. game drops 3

i have 4 orange. need two game drop hundreds of other colors and my 4 orange fall

i have 2 stars moving them and i have a two purple to my left and 2 green to my right. cant move either direction without a collapses

FayMoon
12-03-2011, 07:33 PM
One day I'll unlock last two achievements... I believe in that.

Hyuzeni Pattasan
02-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I can manage to get 11 of 12 achievement. The hardest one I can't do is Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah. It will take me a long time to create 6 black pearls and surround them in one place.

ChickinOnaChain
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
It's a fun, time wasting game but for me, the majority of the achievements are impossible.

HerBravado
05-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I had 149770 and only needed 230 points to get marathon mogul, but a bomb droped and i only need 1 more move and i would have got the achievement.

This bullsh!t.
Still working on it, though. :I Game seems easier than it actually is!