PDA

View Full Version : Lock it up?

NekroRocker
07-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Does anyone have a good strategy for getting the lock it up. I have been trying what the guide said with no luck. Any tips would be appreciated.

cripple695
07-20-2010, 11:00 AM
as someone posted earlier and this is the way i got it is to start a new road to glory as a cornerback and just intercept one and take it back for a touchdown i got it on my 3rd game in high school playoffs

kiskit
07-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Does anyone have a good strategy for getting the lock it up. I have been trying what the guide said with no luck. Any tips would be appreciated.
This is how I did it:
I used a cornerback from Alabama & made his stats 99 especially speed, catching, jump, carrying, elusiveness, catch in a crowd etc. If n doubt put it to 99. (my whole starting unit was 99 already for a different cheev but not necessary).

I picked a second team & made all the speed, tackle, hitting 0's (I left the receivers at about 30 & the qb also 25-30 speed. QB about 70 for accuracy & throw power. Make receivers catching zero. Route running 90's.

In the settings u can make the speed differences even more exagerated by turning that to the left.

Use 2 controllers. Settings have all WR catches by human & CPU control zero or to left since using 2 controllers.

I kicked off to second controller team.

I had my defense in a deep man to man 3-4 where only the nose tackle will try to go after qb initially & the ends kinda wait for him if he scrambles.

Oh turn off the clock so u can set this part up btwn plays:
the 2nd controller team I used basically any 4 receiver set while in shot gun.
Then I reset all the passing/WR routes to one side of field except the corner I would lock on. I usually locked on the CB covering the B receiver. I set his route straight & all others heading the the left to clear other defenders away.

Then on defense I used the bumpers to back off the defense. I moved every linebacker & d-back the the left of the screen. Once everything was set it should be easy. The only defense who may get in ur way is the safety who should be on ur side but I moved him the furthest away; so I lowered his speed last yr to keep him out of way. This yr I didn't & he almost got in my way a few times.

The other important thing to remember in settings is TURN OFF their Default set "auto-strafe" because I kept strafing the ball & knowing he easily shoulda been catching the ball. As soon as I turned that off I got it right away.

I know this is involved but it is helpful for a lot of the other cheevos that it's worth it to take a little time to prepare. Hope this helps.

rkuczy01
07-20-2010, 08:51 PM
I got mine after trying for a max of 5 minutes. All i did was select a team with a star corner. I pressed LS in to become player locked and just guarded the wide out. You can also get In the Cross hairs by using LT and selecting the same wide out you are guarding.

JoshCah
07-20-2010, 09:19 PM
using the method i did for 2010, lower ai passing accuracy to 0, choose a play where your safety is in zone. lock on to him, then wait for the cpu to intercept a bad pass (there will be plenty) then you just make sure you return it for a touchdown

KILLAU87
07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
what i did was set up a game using 2 controllers. Have the second controller team on there own 10 yard line. Then select any play. Make sure your one on one, just lock on and just catch the ball, then you only gotta run it in 10 yards or so.

xYx VeNoM xYx
07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
The easiest method to get this is the way I'm about to tell you!

I have done this on my account yet but I did it at a buddies house and it worked to perfection.

First, turn offsides and encroachment penalties off or to zero. Then adjust ai blocking to zero. Now pick an option team like Georgia tech and just lockon with a star defensive player sit offsides and just intercept the option pitch and run it back.

It will count as an interception and the rb would be the intended rcvr. You can also get the crosshairs achievement the same way.

PlayerKyle14
07-24-2010, 03:02 AM
pick an option team like Georgia tech and just lockon with a star defensive player sit offsides and just intercept the option pitch and run it back.

It will count as an interception and the rb would be the intended rcvr. You can also get the crosshairs achievement the same way.

Uh, no it won't. If you "intercept" a backwards pass, it's a fumble recovery, not an interception. In the option offense, when you pitch the ball, the RB is not the "intended receiver". A pitch is a run, not a pass.

Travo0318
07-24-2010, 08:24 AM
i got it with a friend in an unranked online game. we both used florida and ran a play throwing to the fullback going into the flat. the person on defense using ahmad black to jump the route worked first try for both of us.

HumanTorch2013
07-24-2010, 05:33 PM
thats smart dude. nice work.

DontTry2Hard
07-26-2010, 01:44 AM
i'm having trouble getting this one. i played with a friend, but after every opportunity, the ball would clank of my corners hands. like 50+ times. what's going on? how do i get this to work guys?