PDA

View Full Version : MIgrating profile between xbox 360 consoles.

MATH3W MAGNUM77
07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
I know there are people out the on the site who MUST have got the new xBox360 console already. My question: does the new one support the old memory cards?

I have one of these and it has my xBox profile stored on it.

I have examined the new consoles images and havent been able to find a slot for it.

In such a scenario how do i migrate my profile over.

I've been told that anything I've paid for with MSP will be available for re-download (true?) so I'm not too worried abt those.

Thank you

Tufty
07-20-2010, 12:06 PM
No, the is not a slot for the memory cards any more. They've become obsolete since the new update. Just buy a memory stick and use that. You could also use a transfer kit to move everything over.

As for your DLC, you can re-download it from the market place, however, you may experience content going corrupt or arcade games acting as trials. If that happens you need to transfer your licenses to your new console. If you need to transfer licences then go here (http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/).

MATH3W MAGNUM77
07-20-2010, 02:04 PM
how can u transfer profile to a usb??

PointPlaceWI
07-20-2010, 02:14 PM
The Xboxs have USB slots. You just put a stick in there, go to the memory options on your dashboard, format it, and than transfer memory over.

MATH3W MAGNUM77
08-02-2010, 05:40 PM
mmm.. ill try it out