PDA

View Full Version : no good games on GoD?

EliteShadowMan
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
How come games on demand has been lacking pretty hardcore on any good games? the last good games they had was CoC, and Mirrors Edge.

They also threw facebreaker on there? really? u cant even get 1000 in that game anymore so thats pretty much a ripoff

Sidereal
07-20-2010, 04:02 PM
GOD is a joke altogether.

Just because you can't get 1000/1000 on Facebreaker doesn't mean it shouldn't be on there. You can still play the game.

I don't really even pay attention to the selection though. I'd rather own the physical disc.

Besides, they overprice everything anyway

EliteShadowMan
07-20-2010, 04:59 PM

Just because you can't get 1000/1000 on Facebreaker doesn't mean it shouldn't be on there. You can still play the game.

I don't really even pay attention to the selection though. I'd rather own the physical disc.

Well yeah, but u know what i mean though? they should at least put the servers back online if their gonna have a game that u can straight up buy off of the marketplace.

But yeah a lot of the games are overprice CoD4 for $40? what a joke lol.

Sidereal
07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Well yeah, but u know what i mean though? they should at least put the servers back online if their gonna have a game that u can straight up buy off of the marketplace.

You can also "straight up buy" it at a store, too. Just like any of the other games with offline servers.

Stevo_safc
07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
To be fair they do have the so called big-three, CoD: Modern Warfare, Gears of War and Halo 3. So they do have some big titles, but I agree that the pricing system is pretty crappy.

Starstrukk X360A
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
They do have some good titles on there, but the lowest prices I've seen is $20, when you can buy them for even less at retail outlets (used or new.)

Thehefferkiller
07-20-2010, 07:20 PM
GoD has CoD:4 for $39.99... gamestop + EDGE Membership = CoD:4 $14.99. that is why it is a joke. or for the price of the new arcade game Monday Night Combat, you could get GTA:SA, which is an ABSOLUTELY amazing game, or you could get an arcade, which is most likely to be half-assed.

SubG3nius
07-20-2010, 07:36 PM
They do have some good games, but many of them is more expensive then if you would go to your local store and buy them, thats the situation in Sweden anyways. Which I think is pretty stupid.

KeepEmRolling
07-20-2010, 09:05 PM

Absolutely. I never check to see what is or isn't there. Initially I checked the service out and saw what they were charging for games. Ok, so...you live a hundred miles from a Gamestop or BB...use Amazon, ebay, etc. Just because it's easy to buy a game from GoD, doesn't mean it should be sold at a premium price.

Kramericus
07-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I never gotten the appeal, why pay as much or more for just a download when you can get an actual disc?

JrdRIOT
07-20-2010, 10:01 PM
I think it's ridiculous to put Skate. on there, you can't even get the full 1k on their either, how can they sell a game on demand when you cant get everything from the game...

amusedparrot
07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
It is almost always cheaper to pick up the game either in a sale or second hand. Plus then you have the disk that you can trade in again and get some of the money back or can give to a mate.

I got skate 2 the other day second hand in a local shop for 8. it is 14.99 on GoD. Just doesn't make any sense. I think it would only actually work if they were bargain games as even the shops sell stuff for below the RRP on release day.

Kramericus
07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Eh I think a lot of people forget that the segment of the xbox population that is rabid about achievements is a minority. Plenty of people get the games just to play the games.

JrdRIOT
07-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Eh I think a lot of people forget that the segment of the xbox population that is rabid about achievements is a minority. Plenty of people get the games just to play the games.
I'm pretty confident in saying the people that often buy loads of games, actually enjoy getting achievements.

Kramericus
07-20-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty confident in saying the people that often buy loads of games, actually enjoy getting achievements. There is a gap between enjoying getting achievements and being rabid about it. Plenty of people that buy skate will do it to enjoy the game, will be happy when they hear the little achievements sound, but not be particularly irked that they cant 100% it.

JrdRIOT
07-20-2010, 10:11 PM
There is a gap between enjoying getting achievements and being rabid about it. Plenty of people that buy skate will do it to enjoy the game, will be happy when they hear the little achievements sound, but not be particularly irked that they cant 100% it.
I see where you're coming from, but it's still pretty shitty for the people that actually like to get every achievement, i'm currently 1 achievement off 100% on skate 2 and i have 100% achievements on skate 3, i'm pretty pissed i cant get them all on the first skate.

Kramericus
07-20-2010, 10:15 PM
I see where you're coming from, but it's still pretty shitty for the people that actually like to get every achievement, i'm currently 1 achievement off 100% on skate 2 and i have 100% achievements on skate 3, i'm pretty pissed i cant get them all on the first skate. Oh I agree 100% that achievements becoming unachievable is bullcrap, I just dont blame microsoft for not using achievement availability for whether or not to sell a game since the wide majority of gamers wont care that there is 20G they cant get.

Stevilinho
07-20-2010, 10:18 PM
same boat as everyone else, there alright games just too expensive, only brought 1 game from there and that was bad company 1 and i paid double for it 20 at the time when i could have gone and got the disc for 10, dont regret paying it though as i spent many hours playing it so it was value for money basically

maybe lower the prices to reflect store prices and maybe sales will be better

phoenix029
07-23-2010, 07:27 AM
I think its higher price because they are new and hence money still goes to the game makers whereas preowned in shop is just money to the store. New items in stores could also be reduced easier than on the ms servers as it is noticed less by producers etc. Ms doesnt want to risk upsetting anyone and also I'm sure wants to rake in more money.