PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone excited for Asylum by Disturbed?

EliteShadowMan
07-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Was wondering if any other X360a members out there are as pumped as i am for Disturbed's fifth studio album Asylum to come out on August 31st?

So far from what i heard Another Way to Die was a decent song but their song Asylum sounded pretty damn good, i'm just hoping they somewhat go back to their roots with songs that have the same sound like The Sickness.

UK Dennis
07-20-2010, 06:02 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1676
;)

As for your question, yes i am :p always loved disturbed, and hopefully this album will be the best they have done. However, it would be hard to top the sickness album

Joker0fLife
07-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I love Disturbed, one of my favorite bands. Korn didn't deliver as much as I hoped this month, so next month will definitely be great, I have faith for Disturbed (no puns intended)

As for your question, yes i am :p always loved disturbed, and hopefully this album will be the best they have done. However, it would be hard to top the sickness album

It would be very hard since they have never remade that sound and it is very raw. From the 2 songs I've heard so far (Another Way to Die & Asylum) they sound like they went back to Ten Thousand Fists, which is their second best album. Here's hoping they surprise me though :p

EliteShadowMan
07-20-2010, 06:47 PM
I love Disturbed, one of my favorite bands. Korn didn't deliver as much as I hoped this month, so next month will definitely be great, I have faith for Disturbed (no puns intended)

It would be very hard since they have never remade that sound and it is very raw. From the 2 songs I've heard so far (Another Way to Die & Asylum) they sound like they went back to Ten Thousand Fists, which is their second best album. Here's hoping they surprise me though :p

well if a mod can please move this to music that would be appreciated! but yeah they should be doing well with Asylum as they posted it will be "darker" than Indestructible but so far i am not seeing it lol. But so far it is seeming to be good Asylum and Nightmare from Avenged Sevenfold will be my favorite albums this year probably.

Just as long as Disturbed doesn't do it like Believe then i'm sure it will be fine lol

I do agree Korn did a pretty bad job on their album this time around :(

Joker0fLife
07-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Well if you listen to the "My Child" leak on youtube, you can tell it sounds a little darker. I think they're holding back the darker songs since they tend to not find radio airtime.

I do agree Korn did a pretty bad job on their album this time around :(

I wouldn't say bad, because that would be Untitled :p but it didn't really stick out with me. It's good they went back to a more uncluttered sound.

EliteShadowMan
07-20-2010, 06:56 PM
Well if you listen to the "My Child" leak on youtube, you can tell it sounds a little darker. I think they're holding back the darker songs since they tend to not find radio airtime.

I wouldn't say bad, because that would be Untitled :p but it didn't really stick out with me. It's good they went back to a more uncluttered sound.

they have a leak for a song? shit better check that out.

Well i only listened to like 3-5 of the songs off the new album for korn but they were somewhat alright i didnt really mean bad lol

As for the Uproar tour they are going on i get to see them live august 17th woohoo!

Edit: oh yeah that song yeah i remember hearing that in a preview video that song sounds really good

Tussell
07-20-2010, 08:26 PM
I haven't really been keeping up with Disturbed. I absolutely loved The Sickness, however, Believe and Ten Thousand Fists were just mediocre. I've only heard the hits off their new album, as I sort of stopped listening to them after Ten Thousand Fists. I still have my mix CD that I listen to in the car a lot, that has a lot of their material, and I own all their CD's aside from their most recent release.

I'm going to have to check it out when it comes out.

Just a side-note. If you ever have the chance to see Disturbed, do it! I've seen them three times, and it was awesome every time. They have such amazing energy onstage.

Starstrukk X360A
07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
I enjoy Disturbed and I do hope the upcoming album was better then Indestructible.

I honestly didn't like it; the only songs I listen to now are the singles, and even those are dying out quickly. Ten Thousand Fists is still my favorite.

Burning Karma
07-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm very excited. Disturbed's been one of my favorite bands for a long time now. Here's the link to pre-order the album off their website: http://www.disturbed1.com/asylumpreorder/

I haven't really been keeping up with Disturbed. I absolutely loved The Sickness, however, Believe and Ten Thousand Fists were just mediocre. I've only heard the hits off their new album, as I sort of stopped listening to them after Ten Thousand Fists. I still have my mix CD that I listen to in the car a lot, that has a lot of their material, and I own all their CD's aside from their most recent release.
I'd say check out Indestructible -- the full album, not just the hits. It's probably my favorite album they've released so far. I'm hoping Asylum sticks to the same sound. Which, based off the two songs I've heard so far, it is going to.

Just a side-note. If you ever have the chance to see Disturbed, do it! I've seen them three times, and it was awesome every time. They have such amazing energy onstage.
I'll be seeing them for the first time, FINALLY, on Sept. 1st on the Uproar Fest! \m/

Tussell
07-21-2010, 07:14 AM
I'll be seeing them for the first time, FINALLY, on Sept. 1st on the Uproar Fest! \m/
Uproar seems like such a retarded tour.

Disturbed and Stone Sour are the only good bands on the line-up.

ChaosGod87
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah, pretty excited for it, like all the stuff they've released thus far. Hopefully going to see them August 22nd at Darien Lake.

Burning Karma
07-21-2010, 07:38 PM

Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour (would rather have Slipknot), Hellyeah (would rather have Mudvayne), Airbourne, Halestorm, and Hail the Villian. Basically, all but New Medicine. Seems like a good tour to me.

PointPlaceWI
07-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Can't say I've ever really been a fan of Disturbed. I owned The Sickness years ago but I never really listened to it after I bought it. I'm sure its somewhere in my parent's house collecting dust right now.

EliteShadowMan
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM

u don't think avenged sevenfold is good? other than that i totally agree! its gonna be gay except for a couple bands but im still going so.

FaLLen Phalix
07-22-2010, 02:33 AM
Yes, but there other songs were better!!! im just saying

FaLLen

Jemocasa
07-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to their new album. The first, and only, time I saw Disturbed was when they opened for Iron Maiden. Was really impressed with them and have liked them ever since.

ApochWeiss
07-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Was wondering if any other X360a members out there are as pumped as i am for Disturbed's fifth studio album Asylum to come out on August 31st?

So far from what i heard Another Way to Die was a decent song but their song Asylum sounded pretty damn good, i'm just hoping they somewhat go back to their roots with songs that have the same sound like The Sickness.

I didn't even know they had another album due out so soon. Thanks for the heads up. I greatly liked the last one they put out.

Wait, Tussell, you like Stone Sour but hate Pantera? This coming from the guy who enjoys some metal bands and that splittercore stuff? I give up on your musical tastes me, I really do. Too damned confusing haha

BedCommando
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I didn't care for them during their first 2 or 3 albums, but then they started calling themselves a Metal band, which they're not, so I've grown quite the hate-on for them as I abso-fucking-lutely hate when a band spreads ignorance like that.

B1GM13
07-22-2010, 02:27 PM

Agreed seen them twice myself and they are brilliant live.

And the Album comes out 2 days after my birthday, so will purchase that with my Birthday Moneys :)

EliteShadowMan
07-22-2010, 07:34 PM
I didn't care for them during their first 2 or 3 albums, but then they started calling themselves a Metal band, which they're not, so I've grown quite the hate-on for them as I abso-fucking-lutely hate when a band spreads ignorance like that.

then don't be trolling, obviously u havent listened to shit if u don't think their metal.

WillScot55
07-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I am but I get the feeling it will be like the other CD's forgotten about 2 months after the release

UNDERWALLY
07-24-2010, 03:35 AM
Yeaaaaah I cant wait for this new album, Disturbed is one of my favorite bands

EliteShadowMan
08-25-2010, 04:03 AM
Two new songs released today

The Animal

YouTube- Disturbed - The Animal (Download Link/Correct Lyrics)

Never Again

YouTube- Disturbed - Never Again (Lyrics)

Tussell
08-25-2010, 06:06 AM
I heard the single 'Another Way to Die' on the radio not too long ago, and I must say it really pissed me off. Poor solo integration, irritating music, and extremely lame lyrics. I was quite disappointed in their release, but I can't say that the whole album is going to suck just because of that.

Joker0fLife
08-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Another Way to dies reminds me of Ten Thousand Fists vocals with some Believe guitaring.
Asylum sounds like it should follow Inside the Fire from Indestructible.
The Animal was OK, reminds me of Believe.
Never Again is all good sounding like it should come off Indestructible.

I'm liking the mix-up of sound they're putting into this album, can't wait 6 more days to hear the whole thing:(:woop:

Tussell
08-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Wait, Tussell, you like Stone Sour but hate Pantera? This coming from the guy who enjoys some metal bands and that splittercore stuff? I give up on your musical tastes me, I really do. Too damned confusing haha
Heh, at least we both enjoy some Savage Garden eh?

EliteShadowMan
08-27-2010, 07:51 AM
well from listening to all their songs on youtube its gonna be a buy CD for me. Some of the songs are meh but a lot of them i like.

Joker0fLife
08-27-2010, 11:15 PM
If you want to listen to the full album, go to this guy's profile http://www.youtube.com/user/satinsguard

I'm listening to The Infection and Warrior, and they're great. Definitely getting Asylum :woop::woop:

Every cover they do is epic, never would of expected they'd cover I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2, but it's amazing

YouTube- Disturbed I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2 Cover)

EliteShadowMan
08-28-2010, 12:12 AM
If you want to listen to the full album, go to this guy's profile http://www.youtube.com/user/satinsguard

I'm listening to The Infection and Warrior, and they're great. Definitely getting Asylum :woop::woop:

Every cover they do is epic, never would of expected they'd cover I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2, but it's amazing

YouTube- Disturbed I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2 Cover) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpOjSoatekg)

My Child and Innocence are also very good songs.

Joker0fLife
08-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Yep, I love the whole thing! Definitely gunna buy the CD for sure