PDA

View Full Version : KiD CuDi

Thehefferkiller
07-20-2010, 07:36 PM
I have a few short and sweet words to describe this man. He IS the black Eminem, he raps about his life and everything that has effected him as a person. I've said all i can truly say, i'll let your ears figure the rest out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1t5kZPVt7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD2EWLKcNU&feature=related

Tussell
07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
All I can say is, use the search function.

Thehefferkiller
07-21-2010, 05:37 AM
i did, no other thread mentions KiD CuDi. Just thought people should know about him.

Tussell
07-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Nothing mentions Kid Cudi?

What's this?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210155&highlight=Cudi

jtr1gg3r
07-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Ive got a couple of words for Kid Cudi too..... shit. Actually no thats it.

T FUNK 1984
07-21-2010, 08:50 AM

Here here. He makes cheesy rnb pop shit of the worst kind.

Taboner
07-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Here here. He makes cheesy rnb pop shit of the worst kind.

Really? Honestly he's one of the best rappers of this generation. He raps about life. People are so caught up in Drake that they look past him.

Kid Cudi >>>Drake

Of course this is just my opinion. Drake sold out quicker than the iPhone 4. His newest album? Rap? More like R&B. And to everyone who likes Drake's raps. Lil Wayne writes almost all of them.

The best rappers alive IMO (no order):
Eminem
Nas
Jay-Z
T.I.
Kid Cudi
Lil Wayne
Kanye West
Outkast (Andre 3000 and Big Boi)

Almost every rapper that I mentioned has a different sound and just because Cudi has a different sound doesn't mean he's shit.

Joker0fLife
07-24-2010, 12:36 AM
He's ok. People are trying to be different and your either going to love it or hate it. If you want more of the same, listen to all of Young Money's people...If you want difference, listen to the soloist's and such.

BedCommando
07-24-2010, 03:00 PM
He needs to learn some grammar first.

Thehefferkiller
07-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Why does the lyrics and meaning of his words has to be overlooked by his style and voice? sure, his voice might not be awesome, and he might be "a terrible 'singer'", but i don't think his voice is bad and i think his music is very good. So, i'm asking, why should cudi be laughed at in comparison to Em, in my eyes, cudi is more diverse, eminem's song always FEEL the same, not saying they are, just that they do.

YourBoyAl
07-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Why does the lyrics and meaning of his words has to be overlooked by his style and voice? sure, his voice might not be awesome, and he might be "a terrible 'singer'", but i don't think his voice is bad and i think his music is very good. So, i'm asking, why should cudi be laughed at in comparison to Em, in my eyes, cudi is more diverse, eminem's song always FEEL the same, not saying they are, just that they do.

word @ eminem's song's feeling the same, that's one of the main reasons i disliked recovery as much as i did. cudi's next album will most likely be better, he'd have to really work at it to make a worse album lol

just laughed at it cause imo they're nothing alike

Taboner
07-25-2010, 02:35 AM
...And that's what I said. They have different sounds. I wasn't comparing them. I said they're two of the best rappers alive.

B3H3M0TH
07-25-2010, 02:40 AM
=]:locked I like him...pretty trendy music

Thehefferkiller
07-25-2010, 05:32 AM
...And that's what I said. They have different sounds. I wasn't comparing them. I said they're two of the best rappers alive.
i wasn't talkin about what you said haha, i meant anyone who had said he was way worse.

ThaFireman
07-25-2010, 08:44 AM
"Man on the Moon" was one of my favorite albums of the decade. While his lyrics aren't the best, and he is definitely NOT the black Eminem, he is a great artist.

(Drake is R&B. Ever heard "So Far Gone"?)

YourBoyAl
07-25-2010, 09:00 AM

eh @ 2 of the best rappers alive. what cudi does best isn't even rapping and em's music nowdays is just forgettable

btw, how do you suppose drake's already working on his second album while wayne's incarcerated?

Taboner
07-25-2010, 02:54 PM
i wasn't talkin about what you said haha, i meant anyone who had said he was way worse.

Haha sorry

"Man on the Moon" was one of my favorite albums of the decade. While his lyrics aren't the best, and he is definitely NOT the black Eminem, he is a great artist.

(Drake is R&B. Ever heard "So Far Gone"?)

But he constantly refers to himself as a "rapper." What bothers me more is that people seem to believe that Drake writes all of Lil Wayne's raps. I highly doubt that -_-

eh @ 2 of the best rappers alive. what cudi does best isn't even rapping and em's music nowdays is just forgettable

btw, how do you suppose drake's already working on his second album while wayne's incarcerated?

Believe me. Wayne's next album is going to very hot. Drake's debut album wasn't even that good. The fans were promised a rap album and he decided to make an R&B album.

Also while we are on the topic of the "next Eminem", please take a look at Cage. Bone chilling lyrics and raps from the heart.

YourBoyAl
07-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Believe me. Wayne's next album is going to very hot. Drake's debut album wasn't even that good. The fans were promised a rap album and he decided to make an R&B album.

Also while we are on the topic of the "next Eminem", please take a look at Cage. Bone chilling lyrics and raps from the heart.

that's a first, a wayne fan who doesn't like drake lol

i wouldn't doubt wayne's next album being hot. Anyone who's heard so far gone and has been following drake had an idea of what to expect from his album, especially with him sayin 'it picks up right where So Far Gone left off'. TML > So Far Gone.

Cage is alright, doesn't really tickle my fancy though

Victorious BIG
07-27-2010, 04:02 AM
Really? Honestly he's one of the best rappers of this generation. He raps about life. People are so caught up in Drake that they look past him.

Kid Cudi >>>Drake

Of course this is just my opinion. Drake sold out quicker than the iPhone 4. His newest album? Rap? More like R&B. And to everyone who likes Drake's raps. Lil Wayne writes almost all of them.

Eminem
Nas
Jay-Z
T.I.
Kid Cudi
Lil Wayne
Kanye West

Almost every rapper that I mentioned has a different sound and just because Cudi has a different sound doesn't mean he's shit.

2 things wrong with this post:

1- Lil Wayne should never be in anyones top list, I dont care if it your opinion or not, hes horrible. Everything pre-"lollipop" was decent, and now hes.........see? I don't even know what to say lol, words can't express how much he sucks, "IMO"..

2- Kid Cudi is good, but no way better than Drake. End of story

ThaFireman
07-28-2010, 06:53 AM
I don't think a Drake fan can question the opinion of a Lil Wayne fan. It's not that I expected TML to be a rap album, its just flat out a bad album, whatever genre you stick it to.

Taboner
07-29-2010, 06:01 AM
I don't think a Drake fan can question the opinion of a Lil Wayne fan. It's not that I expected TML to be a rap album, its just flat out a bad album, whatever genre you stick it to.

Exactly. It was terrible.

Oh and I will stick to my opinion. Everyone has their right to their own opinion. Kid Cudi>>>Drake for various reasons. Drake is only "good" because he is very mainstream while Cudi has had very little airplay compared to Drake.

DocRevolt
07-29-2010, 06:50 AM
I have a few short and sweet words to describe this man. He IS the black Eminem, he raps about his life and everything that has effected him as a person. I've said all i can truly say, i'll let your ears figure the rest out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1t5kZPVt7M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD2EWLKcNU&feature=related
Effect is a noun. Affect is a verb. You're looking to say affected, not effected. ALL HEIL GRAMMAR NAZIS.

Back on topic, I really dislike Kid Cudi. Not as bad as Drake, but still, you really can't compare him to Eminem.

YourBoyAl
07-29-2010, 06:52 AM
Exactly. It was terrible.

Oh and I will stick to my opinion. Everyone has their right to their own opinion. Kid Cudi>>>Drake for various reasons. Drake is only "good" because he is very mainstream while Cudi has had very little airplay compared to Drake.

and cudi isnt mainstream? lol

Taboner
07-30-2010, 12:52 AM
and cudi isnt mainstream? lol

He has had one song get decent coverage on the radio right? So no.

YourBoyAl
07-31-2010, 01:26 AM
He has had one song get decent coverage on the radio right? So no.

decent? lol, that shit was everywhere

drake is only good because he manages to make songs that people love without demeaning himself to that of a wocka flocka or gucci, or any the other (t)rappers

BarbaricGoose
07-31-2010, 01:35 AM
without demeaning himself to that of a wocka flocka or gucci, or any the other (t)rappers

http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/1238157980_scanners___head_explosion_2_.gif

That's me. Trying to comprehend what that quote means.

Taboner
07-31-2010, 07:19 PM
decent? lol, that shit was everywhere

drake is only good because he manages to make songs that people love without demeaning himself to that of a wocka flocka or gucci, or any the other (t)rappers

One song? Day n' Nite only got airplay. All those Top 40 listeners only like that song. That's a huge percentage of the population. I bet most of them never heard his first mixtape, which in my opinion was one of the best mixtapes ever.

ThaFireman
08-01-2010, 03:24 AM
One song? Day n' Nite only got airplay. All those Top 40 listeners only like that song. That's a huge percentage of the population. I bet most of them never heard his first mixtape, which in my opinion was one of the best mixtapes ever.
I barely listen to the radio and I've heard "Make Her Say" multiple times.

jamie1000013
08-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Is he english or American? doesn't matter either way just wandering.

YourBoyAl
08-01-2010, 10:29 AM

his mixtape stuff is boring as hell to me, his album was straight

So Far Gone > whichever cudi mixtape

i didnt even like so far gone like that either

I barely listen to the radio and I've heard "Make Her Say" multiple times.

this

Lava Tonsil
08-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Eminem
Nas
Jay-Z
T.I.
Kid Cudi
Lil Wayne
Kanye West

I think we're not going to see eye to eye on this. Cudi is imo just an average rapper, sometimes a nice catchy beat and a good feature but nothing more. My reckoning is he won't be known any better in 5 years and probably quit.
The reason i said we won't agree is you have an appalling list there. There are so many names you could put above and beyond that list, so i'll just do one - KRS One.

Thehefferkiller
08-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Is he english or American? doesn't matter either way just wandering.
He is from Cleveland, Ohio. So America.
Also, i listen to the radio when driving, which isn't to frequent, and when i do, i usually listen to the death metal stations, but when i have changed stations, all i've heard is the TERRIBLE Day 'N' Night CROOKERS mix.

CuDi is, in my eyes, far better than drake. If Drake is in young money, which sings that horrible song about nikki's pussy on someones sideburn, i automatically lose all respect in his ability as a rapper. and when you say you are going to come out with a "rap" album, and it's R&B, then you're also a hypocrite in my eyes.

CuDi raps, and not only that, he can freestyle VERY well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRSktjwf42Q

and he also has a fairly nice voice, as shown by this(a free download for All Summer is at the bottom of the youtube description if you're interested.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uas-mc7HjW8

he has also shown significant interest in other musical styles, as he has done another song with Vampire Weekends(Rostam is VW's drummer) background of Ottoman

YouTube- Cudderisback (Ottoman Remix) - Kid Cudi ft. Vampire Weekend

i think i've made it pretty fuckin clear he is better than Drake (in my eyes). He may not be better than Em for others, but he is to me aswell.

DStyles
08-10-2010, 03:11 PM
This guys has to be the worst thing that ever happened to hip hop along w/ Lupe Fiasco.

This guy has nothing to rap about. He's better off being an R&B singer.

Mutorcs81
08-20-2010, 10:01 PM
American, I'm also a big fan of his. Not really into hip hop either. It is nice to hear something different other than money n' hoes and the like. Gonna try to find some of those mix tapes other have mentioned.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
08-20-2010, 10:17 PM
From the little that I've heard from CuDi, I can conclude that he's way better than all of these new rappers that do nothing but have lyrics about

A. Pussy(Lil Wayne)
B. Drinking
C. Dancing(Soulja Boy specifically)
D. Smoking
E. Killing People

That's not life. Especially Not the killing part. No rapper is so called "hard" they're just like every other rich person, afraid to anything but threaten people with their lawyers. And I'm not just ayingthis because I dislike rap. I have about 1500 songs in my Rap folder...