PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Answer My Question?

RexDarr
07-20-2010, 07:40 PM
For some reason when I go to sign in to XboxLIVE via my Xbox it doesnt seem to work. The light on the back of my Xbox doesnt even light up! Does anyone know how to fix this?
I was on xbox live last night for a while and I have been for a while, but it seems that today is the only day I cannot get on. Normally if there is no conncetion the light turns red, today it isn't even on.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

bLaKgRaVy
07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Maybe it's the cable? Try another ethernet cable. Or maybe the port is dead now. I'm sure there's a way to test it, but don't know how. Maybe Radio Shack?

FlyBoy120586
07-20-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm assuming you are using a wireless adapter, so...
As usual, try unplugging it from the console and then plug it back in. It seems like the adapter isn't getting power for some reason if the light is not on, so make sure it is plugged in all the way (and in the correct port?)
If you have a laptop and an ethernet cable you can use the laptop to connect to the internet rather simply.

My wireless adapter stopped working for a few months last year so I was using my laptop to connect my 360 to the internet. I randomly tried the adapter again after a few months and it was working fine, so I dunno.

RexDarr
07-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm assuming you are using a wireless adapter, so...
As usual, try unplugging it from the console and then plug it back in. It seems like the adapter isn't getting power for some reason if the light is not on, so make sure it is plugged in all the way (and in the correct port?)
If you have a laptop and an ethernet cable you can use the laptop to connect to the internet rather simply.

My wireless adapter stopped working for a few months last year so I was using my laptop to connect my 360 to the internet. I randomly tried the adapter again after a few months and it was working fine, so I dunno.

THAT WAS THE PROBLEM! I just unplugged the USB, blew in it, wiped it down with a cotton cloth then plugged it back in, restarted my Xbox and its working now! Thank you for your help!

FlyBoy120586
07-20-2010, 09:24 PM
No problem, glad I could help :)