PDA

View Full Version : Can you delete a Gamer Tag from Existence?

Daftmouse
07-21-2010, 03:42 AM
A local Game Store is thinking of having a contest based on how much gamer score you can get in a set amount of time. I don't want to use this Gamer Tag for the contest since there are quite a few easy achievement I have already earned that I would like to be able to re-earn. My plan is to make a new Gamer Tag starting at 0gs. Problem is I am uncreative and I want the GT to be Daftmouse but I also had been thinking of using MS Points to change this GT to Daftmouse. What I am hoping is that I can make the Secondary GT play in the contest, delete the secondary one completely from XBox Live then change my Main's name?

(l can think of two other ways to accomplish the result, but one costs more money and the other I would have to us my Current GT's Name for my secondary acount.)

TLDR: Can you delete a Gamer Tag completely from XBox live freeing up that Gamer Tag to be registered to another user.

Glowin Smurff
07-21-2010, 03:44 AM
in a sense, but it'll cost you 800MSP per account.

since you can't delete a tag, but you can change the tags name thus freeing up the name, that's the only way.

EmporerDragon
07-21-2010, 03:44 AM
No. Gamertags are never fully deleted from Microsoft's servers.

dakisbac
07-21-2010, 03:48 AM
If you were going to delete the secondary account anyway (you can't btw, just stop using it) then there's no reason to give it the name you want on your main. Since you're uncreative you can save yourself some money and grief by changing your current account to Daftmouse and creating a new account with the name you're using right now.

Alternatively... I could just make a silver account and take that name and then you won't have to worry about it.

Daftmouse
07-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Thanks for the answers, either way it looks like it may be a moot point as there is someone with that GT already.

iPod Taste
07-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Why don't you name the secondary account Daftm0use with 0 instead of o or something similar. That might work.

EmporerDragon
07-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Why don't you name the secondary account Daftm0use with 0 instead of o or something similar. That might work.

Because a gamertag with 1337 speak (or "xX"s or random numbers) in it is not a gamertag worth having.

dakisbac
07-21-2010, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the answers, either way it looks like it may be a moot point as there is someone with that GT already.

:eek: It wasn't me... I was just joking.

That's really shitty.

Daftmouse
07-21-2010, 05:50 AM
Because a gamertag with 1337 speak (or "xX"s or random numbers) in it is not a gamertag worth having. Agreed 100%.

jamie1000013
07-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I think my brother has used my email address to make an xbox live account. I wanted to change my current email to that one guess not -.-.