PDA

View Full Version : Deleting bought DLC.

Sizzlebuzz
07-21-2010, 04:41 AM
I just want to make 100% sure that I'm not screwing myself over.

Anyway, I am short on memory. And it seems that I have a GH DLC that takes up 1.3g alone. So, if I remove this, I will be able to re-download it anytime I want, right? Without cost?

EmporerDragon
07-21-2010, 04:52 AM
Yes, it can be redownloaded (The easiest way is to just look through your download history, find it, and select download), and it will not have any additional cost.

There are a few exceptions, as some things do get completely expunged from Live, primarily due to licensing issues (Such as Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3).

dakisbac
07-21-2010, 05:12 AM
Yes, it can be redownloaded (The easiest way is to just look through your download history, find it, and select download), and it will not have any additional cost.

There are a few exceptions, as some things do get completely expunged from Live, primarily due to licensing issues (Such as Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3).

This.

I'd like to add, specific to your case, that you will not be able to redownload the Dropkick Murphys pack (if you have it) since it's been removed from the marketplace.

Glowin Smurff
07-21-2010, 10:43 AM
don't forget you can always just move them to a USB thumbdrive to not have to worry about deleting them, or use usb thumbdrive to make a little more room for saves or whatever :)

HumanTorch2013
07-21-2010, 05:31 PM
After you have purchased something once, you will never have to pay for it again, no matter how many times you download and/or delete.

Corrupt.
07-21-2010, 09:59 PM
I believe it actually tells you this when you buy it...

tweak4ever
07-21-2010, 10:40 PM
yup, there wont be any problems, im thinking about deleting my halo 3 maps because I got the ODST multiplayer disk

gamerguy69
07-21-2010, 11:20 PM
I believe it actually tells you this when you buy it...

And upon deleting the content "permanently".

optravisprime
07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
This is true.

TakahashiDemon
07-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Its not like PS3 (no redownloading), once you buy on 360, you can redownload it as much as you like, I do it a lot with arcade games.

Bartiatus
07-23-2010, 11:11 PM
This.

I'd like to add, specific to your case, that you will not be able to redownload the Dropkick Murphys pack (if you have it) since it's been removed from the marketplace.

Guitar Hero had a Dropkick Murphys pack?!?! This is the first time I have heard of that. I would have bought GH for that! Dang.