PDA

View Full Version : BETAs FINALLY HERE! Discuss!

Lone Soldier x7
07-21-2010, 04:45 AM
The beta has just been released for the xbox 360 about half an hour ago.

I started playing right now and have played 2 games so far. It is pretty fun but is kind of lost trying to be like CoD and has a Bad Company feel.
The game is pretty solid. The only problem is that you do not recieve the scope for the sniper right away.

What are yor thoughs on the beta?

Atroxx70
07-21-2010, 06:09 AM
Son of a bitch! God damned motherfuckers could have given a heads up at least >.<

Really though, not complaining, just glad it's finally up. Scuse me while I go input my code.

Schism
07-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Its...alright. It seems to much like CODMW2...seems more like DICE just wanted to make an "improved" mw2...but its just the same with Battlefield mechanics. I was going to pre-order but the game is not worth it to me. "/ hip-firing is god apparently lol. the hit detection is weird to me idk just my opinion. Game lags when you die..or at least for me it does. Not as much fun as i had hoped for. just my opinion and i know its a beta...but it was a disappointment to me ehhh "/

Atroxx70
07-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Its...alright. It seems to much like CODMW2...seems more like DICE just wanted to make an "improved" mw2...but its just the same with Battlefield mechanics. I was going to pre-order but the game is not worth it to me. "/ hip-firing is god apparently lol. the hit detection is weird to me idk just my opinion. Game lags when you die..or at least for me it does. Not as much fun as i had hoped for. just my opinion and i know its a beta...but it was a disappointment to me ehhh "/

The lag when you die was going on in the PC and PS3 beta also from what I've read. Surely it won't be in the live game, it's probably just some kind of placeholder for the "real" death animations or something, I don't know.

As for the MW2.5 thing? That's been my concern all along. DICE really thought BC2 was going to destroy MW2, and when it didn't(sales wise, not trying to start a flame war here) I'm afraid their mentality shifted to a "let's just do what IW did but fix it" thing. I even heard someone on the MoH beta feedback forum say that they hit a guy square in the chest with a grenade launcher and he didn't die. Now we can all agree that noob tubes need to go, but to include them in the game, and then "overbalance" them to the point of uselessness is not the way to do it imo.

agentplatypus
07-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Played about 5 games so far and in my honest opinion, the game isn't that good
It's trying so hard to be like CoD but its not as good (And I don't even like CoD).

Ima keep playing and see if it grows on me.

Genesis x360a
07-21-2010, 07:29 AM
I take it is only for people who pre-ordered the game? If it is does anybody know if there going to release it for everybody with a Gold Membership?

Atroxx70
07-21-2010, 08:05 AM
After playing a few games I have to admit it's actually a little better than I thought it was going to be. I really don't like the progression system at all though. XP earned in one class doesn't carry over to the other classes. Also, you have two different versions of each class, one for the US soldiers and one for the Taliban. You can customize each class separately, but you don't get to pick which side you want to play on, it is randomly chosen for you at the start of each game. This wouldn't be a problem except each faction starts off with different weapons, and you can't access the other factions weapons until you get to the highest ranks of that class. So if for some reason you like the M16, but hate the AK, you only have a 50-50 shot at getting your M16. Also, each class only has access to two different primary weapons(so far anyway, I expect this to change in the full release) and two secondaries. My only other major gripe is the little xp notification that pops up every time you get a kill is massively distracting, it flashes all the way across the screen and if you're facing multiple targets, the notification of the first one will completely block the rest of them almost every time.

Ultimately it boils down to this: Based on what I've seen so far, if you hate MW2, you will hate this. If you like MW2, you might like this, but in my opinion, you'll likely be asking yourself "What's the point?"

I take it is only for people who pre-ordered the game? If it is does anybody know if there going to release it for everybody with a Gold Membership?

It's only for pre-orders and I think if you have a registered copy of Bad Company2 you can get in, but since I don't have it I don't know for sure.

TitansWar
07-21-2010, 08:39 AM
the hit detection is weird to me idk just my opinion.

Hi, my name is DICE. My hit detection is always terrible.

Mikey1610
07-21-2010, 09:11 AM
What do you guys think about the pretty much non existent health? I was killed with 1-3 bullets every time when I played this the other day and it was impossible for me to get in cover or move out of the way - if you're beaten to the shot that's it.

Spawnus
07-21-2010, 09:17 AM
What do you guys think about the pretty much non existent health? I was killed with 1-3 bullets every time when I played this the other day and it was impossible for me to get in cover or move out of the way - if you're beaten to the shot that's it.

More realistic I guess, I think the beta is.. Ok but I don't know, I have to agree with what others are saying its like its trying to be Bad Company and Modern Warfare in one and while that sounds like a good thing it doesn't always mean its a good thing if that makes sence.

The one thing that is annoying me atm is every time I go to look at the score board for a small ammount of time via the back button the game seems to crash alot.

WickedD365
07-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know if gamewhore is e-mailing codes yet? I still don't have mine yet and I pre-ordered when they announced the beta.
I want to play beta. Any help is appreciated.

Judivarious
07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Why is it that all anybody can do on xbox live is snipe? Seriously....

Modern Warfare 2 - Snipers Galore....

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - "Hey guys! Lets all go RECON! Because if we were to face the enemy face to face, we'd get f**king worked."

Medal of Honor Beta - Lodoss killed by xxx with "SVD Sniper Rifle.
Lodoss killed by yyy with "SVD Sniper Rifle.
Lodoss killed by stinkymcfartbutts with "SVD Sniper Rifle.

I'll tell you what this game needs, some f**king spawn protection. I love when I spawn in a base, and it spawns me right in the F.O.V. of an enemy half way across the map.....that's great.

xSUBxMAXx
07-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately this game is all trailer.

The BETA in my opinion is a cheap COD:MW2 ripoff, I know the guys came over to dice and that's cool, but MW2 plays smoother than this so why don't i just play MW2. Not to mention BFBC2 is waaaaaayyyyy funner than this or MW2. The environments are not as interactive as advertised, sorry guys this is just my personal opinion but this one is all hype it looks like unless they clean up the game b4 release, i'll probably skip this one.

WickedD365
07-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Why is it that all anybody can do on xbox live is snipe? Seriously....

Modern Warfare 2 - Snipers Galore....

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - "Hey guys! Lets all go RECON! Because if we were to face the enemy face to face, we'd get f**king worked."

Medal of Honor Beta - Lodoss killed by xxx with "SVD Sniper Rifle.
Lodoss killed by yyy with "SVD Sniper Rifle.
Lodoss killed by stinkymcfartbutts with "SVD Sniper Rifle.

I'll tell you what this game needs, some f**king spawn protection. I love when I spawn in a base, and it spawns me right in the F.O.V. of an enemy half way across the map.....that's great.

That's my only complaint about BC2. The spawn camping. They either snipe your spawn or camp in it.
Be a man, come at me!

Tubson57
07-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I am extremely disappointed with the beta. I know its not a final version of the game, but it feels like they tried too hard to copy what has worked in the past with other shooters, and didn't create their own game. The no recoil thing on top of sketchy movement means I won't be playing much with the beta and most likely will not be purchasing the game.

Blah 2k
07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Won't be getting this or Halo: Reach. CoD and MoH take too many things off of each other, too alike IMO. As for the beta, seems as if the developers made a copycat of MW2 with a different tone. Feels too copied for me anyways.

TheSneakyKnight
07-21-2010, 09:56 PM

I'm exactly the same it seems to me that i can literally put a full clip in people and not kill them yet i die instantly. It would be nice to know you were being shot at before you die to give you at least a chance. I was hoping for good things from this but, oh well, back to bad company 2.

Stevilinho
07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
have to agree with whats being said here tooo much like MW2 and that wouldnt be a bad thing i it took the xp and medal system, seems to me only way to rank up is by getting 40pts and because of the horrus hit detection and n00btubes being useless seems hard to do and everyone i play seems to be level 4s with their level 4 guns seems abit harsh

sniped a guy in his balls and was still standing, shot a n00btube at the feet of 2 guys and nothing, shot 10 bullets into a guy and hes fires 1 and kills me, hit detection is awful, xp system is awful think i may be giving this game a miss and to think DICE made it and its a medal of honour game i was expecting a whoooooole lot more from this game

yes yes i know its a beta but from a few betas ive played not much if anything at all has changed from the beta to the main game, or the 1 game i remeber changing alot was BLUR i was beast on the beta/demo real game 150 races and 1 win all the pysics changed too much in that

give the beat 4/10 maybe they should 'fix' any problems and release a week long demo of what the game will be since reading alot of comments not too many liked the beta

IncensedCape
07-21-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of Battlefield, as you can probably tell by my sig, but the MoH beta is just atrocious and doesn't bode well for the full game. I just cancelled my pre-order it's that bad.

The hit detection is absolutely non-existent - sometimes you can literally fire a full clip of the AK / M16 into someone and they will turn around and kill you with one or two bullets. This isn't my connection either, as every other online game I play works perfectly. There is also a huge amount of lag when you die, for absolutely no reason and this is really disorientating.

The spawn points fucking suck, to put it bluntly, as I frequently spawned and was killed straight away by an enemy or one of the stupid killstreaks that give you absolutely no warning when they are coming.

The gun models are horrible and look like plastic toys - in fact, the graphics are just awful all-round, which is funny, as it's using the Frostbite engine without 95% of the destruction from BFBC2 and yet somehow still looks worse than BC, lol.

Avoid.

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-21-2010, 11:35 PM
not very good in my opinion....

you die pretty much instantly when shot, to the point where it absurdly abrupt

I like the touch of making use of army specific weapons though

m16 for army

ak for terrorists
etc...

idk if you will only have those 3 classes in the full game, but right now its like bf with the classes yet without any of the perks such as healing, ammo supply...etc.......which make the choices seem minimal when compared to COD where they were trying to emulate

hit detection does indeed suck...guns, grenades and launchers all included.....i shot a rocket right next to someone....how does that not kill?.....I pumped a full m16 clip into a guy, then he kills me.......

idk....im not fully sold, as of right now ill stick with bad company 2

kingpalmer89
07-22-2010, 02:09 AM
it just doesn't feel right when you play it, i can't fully put my finger on it. like others have said though the hit detection is complete ass and you start to question if you were even on target in the first place when you blaitently know you were. i found enemies hard to spot because of rough edges on the scenery etc. blue writing on a blue background when your waiting to spawn umm im sure theres a hell of a lot more. i just dont think that it is quite there when it has to compete with so many great games of this genre and not forgetting reach is released in september and its hardly a choice between this and reach...It just feels horribly horribly unfinished (i know its a beta...but even still!)

on a positive though i personally do like how the guns feel when you fire them. Hit detection aside obviously, they feel slightly meaty or heavy. maybe its just me but i thought i had to say something positive. Oh and i guess the kill streak system thingy is kind of alright too although i find the tomahawk missile completely shite to aim...

xdiamondxinfernox
07-22-2010, 04:52 AM
i havent experienced any trouble with hit detection... the scorestreak reward system is alot better than CoD's killstreak system. i know the explosives dont work very well. but it doesnt bother me at all since i dont use any kind of explosive. i just stay in cover and slowly move out of cover and scan area. just dont rush in and take your time. i like the beta because to me it feels alot more like BC2 than MW2, and those saying if you hate MW2 you will hate this, i DESPISE MW2,think it and the rest of its series is the worst on the planet, worst than glover. just like the beta because it feels like BC2 with smaller maps so theres less recon pussies hiding in a bush on the outskirts of the map. and from what ive seen, NO STOPPING POWER AND NO MAGNUM AMMO! The Betas great in my eyes.

Atroxx70
07-22-2010, 05:47 AM
i havent experienced any trouble with hit detection... the scorestreak reward system is alot better than CoD's killstreak system. i know the explosives dont work very well. but it doesnt bother me at all since i dont use any kind of explosive. i just stay in cover and slowly move out of cover and scan area. just dont rush in and take your time. i like the beta because to me it feels alot more like BC2 than MW2, and those saying if you hate MW2 you will hate this, i DESPISE MW2,think it and the rest of its series is the worst on the planet, worst than glover. just like the beta because it feels like BC2 with smaller maps so theres less recon pussies hiding in a bush on the outskirts of the map. and from what ive seen, NO STOPPING POWER AND NO MAGNUM AMMO! The Betas great in my eyes.

I'll be honest, I've haven't played BC2 online yet. Perhaps I see a big CoD influence because that's what I primarily play. So my question to you, as a BC2 player, is MoH different enough from BC2 to make you want to play this instead?

My thing with MoH is that I think it deserves to be judged on it's own merit, but because it is so similar to MW2 and BC2, I just don't think it's going to get the chance. If you could somehow put MoH into a bubble and judge it by itself, you would be looking at a pretty decent and fun game. But from my perspective, I already have MW2, Black Ops is paid off already, and MoH isn't really offering a different enough experience to justify trying to keep up with 3 different online games, catch my drift?

The SP looks amazing, so I'll probably still get it at least for that. I'll give the finalized MP a fair chance also, but unless there's a major overhaul to the game between now and release, I just don't see myself spending too much time with it. I predict that EA will shut the servers down in less than 2 years, and I think that's a conservative estimate given their track record.

Stormy2k
07-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Well I have been playing the BETA for sometime now, and here are my thoughts in no particular good or bad order from the TDM mode.

First off, many people are mentioning lag, however, I havn't experienced any yet so for me, the game is running smooth.

Obviously when you die there is a 2 second delay for the death animation, but im sure this will be fixed int he full game, I mean in BFBC a window used to smash 2 seconds after impact :p.

Sometimes you do tend to die quickly when shot at, and other times you don't, sometime it seems firefights can be, maybe, hit and miss.

Obviously, I like the killstreak idea as its better than just X kills. 40 Points nets you a UAV or Motar Strike and 100 nets you...I don't know yet, :p, so when you die you loose your accumilated points. Atleast everyone has the same choice in killstreaks, not one person spamming *cough*Harriers*cough*. It's 10 points a kill, but you get +5's for head shots and avenging for exmple, so its not just straight up kills.

For me personaly, I feel the RPG's and Noobtubes are under powered. I know it may be MW2 syndrome, but the 'tubes packed more punch in BFBC2 and RPGs, I would like to see this fixed please.

The one thing, for me though is the graphics. Now I know graphics don't make a game, but it sure helps the immersion.

It just looks like BFBC pasted over MW2 maps. I was hoping for some top end graphics after watching some EA trailers, and after playing the game, I do wonder if it was running on a PS3, and as previously owning a PS3, I know the graphics it can put out is awesome.

I was hoping for MW2 graphics judging by the trailers, but instead got BFBC, I hope the single player, done by a diffrent studio will be better.

I know this is a BETA and its a rough cut of a game, so I wait in anticipation of DICE's fixes and upgrades to the game via feedback on their forum.

I remember people on the BFBC2 BETA mentioning issues from gameplay to shooting problems etc and DICE added over 100+ fixes to the game.

After the BETA they really need to bring out a demo with the game all patched up, to help people who have become disillusioned with the game, to show them that the finished article is awesome.

It's a BETA, not the final game people, we need to test it and report back so they can fix it.

IncensedCape
07-22-2010, 08:28 PM
The one thing, for me though is the graphics. Now I know graphics don't make a game, but it sure helps the immersion.

It just looks like BFBC pasted over MW2 maps. I was hoping for some top end graphics after watching some EA trailers, and after playing the game, I do wonder if it was running on a PS3, and as previously owning a PS3, I know the graphics it can put out is awesome.

I was hoping for MW2 graphics judging by the trailers, but instead got BFBC, I hope the single player, done by a diffrent studio will be better.

The fancy graphics seen in the preview trailers won't be running on either the PS3 or the 360 and will be from a top-end gaming PC with all the bells and whistles switched on.

MaxTorch
07-23-2010, 03:33 AM
I never played BC2 only BC1 for a few months and played MW1 and MW2 religiously until the first MW2 map pack came out.

I'm really liking the beta so far. Obviously there are still a few things that need to be fixed like grenades and tubes being so underpowered. Maybe add a little more of a reach to knifing. Spawning is pretty bad sometimes. I use to live in hardcore mode of mw1 and mw2 so the 2-3 shot kills i like. Just wish snipers had a little more power especially the bolt-action. You either have to shoot them spot on in the head or you missed your kill which sucks. And yea hit detection is pretty bad sometimes too, but i feel this will all be fixed by the time the game comes out. i hope....

But i'm really liking the team assault and especially the mission mode. The class system is cool, i like that the xp points pop up at you when you get a kill and any extra stuff. Would like if it told you if you ranked up in the middle of a match too. i like the score streak a lot, i think it's a better idea then kill streaks.

Still looking forward to this game. There is still a lot of potential for this game to be really good. I'm already having a lot of fun.

Geordiefly
07-23-2010, 01:24 PM
I think if the full game is anything close to the beta then i will definitely not get it. You can see they have tried to give it a MW2 feel but for me there is too much of the same for BFBC2 in it.

The running is pathetic and makes me feel sick half the time.

The hit detection seriously is like what everyone is saying, its horrible! Ive tried most weapons and just get nothing - i know im hitting them as i can see where they are going, but its as if none of them have any damage attached to them.

I don't like the set up for choosing guns, i can understand it as its keeping your choices to your side, but i don't want to play a game where im restricted.

The game itself does look good, but it feels like they have just taken battlefield and tried to squeeze it into a MW2 skin - it just doesnt sit right!

After playing this, i think black ops might be the one i choose.

OR - even better would be that 90% of the people from MW2 go to black ops and MoH and then MW2's servers get a bit quieter and the game runs with less lag. lol

asdf123
07-23-2010, 03:22 PM
i like to see some new things or the game must be really really good, which this isnt, but its just a beta, feels exactly the same as bfbc2 but a lamer version

WonderCaliban
07-23-2010, 10:52 PM
If this was a year away from release I'd feel confident they'd turn it into something alot more polished. But with only a few months to go I'm not so sure.

Still buying it, but I don't think it'll replace Bad Company 2 as the best online FPS.

Absolutionz
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty happy with it. I went into it with zero expectations so I was pretty surprised when I got into it. Definitely needs some polishing.

quickhhh
07-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Well to be honest I knew from the start I wasn't going to like the beta but I ended up kind of enjoying it. It seems more like a cheap crappy version of a CoD game. This game needs a major fix before I would ever buy it in the shops.

JrdRIOT
07-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Might as well have called it Battlefield: Bad Company 3, it's a horrible game in my opinion.

TheATC
07-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Pretty fun but seems to be trying to push the Battlefield Bad Company 2 feel. Not a buy for me

SubG3nius
07-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Looks like this game is going to be nothing more then a big flop, I think the only thing in this game the may stand a chance to be good is the singleplayer, but for the multiplayer it's down the toilet. It looks like DICE don't even give a crap about this games multiplayer, it doesn't look nearly as good as BC2 looks online and I don't find it as fun to play online either. Looks like they just toke a lot ideas from both MW2 and BC2 and throwed them into this game.

exo-apollo
07-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Haa damn I was kind of excited for this game but now...I'll stick to Bad Company 2 I guess.

IncensedCape
07-25-2010, 05:23 PM
I guarantee this will be 15 / 20 in a few weeks after release so I'll probably pick it up then just for the single player, which looks a bit better.

killeralltime
08-01-2010, 11:14 AM
the beta sucked really bad i thought that they worked on the game so long it would be better and by the beta its not MW2 took 2 years but it was worth it MoH wont