PDA

View Full Version : Destination Arcade

Khalid
07-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Just letting you guys know that you can download it on an US account and use on your other account. You even unlock avatar award.

By the way games on it seems outdated. Deals of the weeks and new releases.

Edit: You can unlock the Dragon avatar by going on Magic the gathering. Thanks to nnthomas on CAG for this one.

master_shake_350
07-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Just letting you guys know that you can download it a US account and use on your other account. You even unlock avatar award.

By the way games on it seems outdated. Deals of the weeks and new releases.

Err what is this anyway? Care to explain?

Khalid
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
New way to see XBLA, new release and deals of the week.

By the way, you can unlock the Dragon avatar by going on Magic the gathering. Thanks to nnthomas on CAG for this one.

Sidereal
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Err what is this anyway? Care to explain?

Think Guitar Hero VIP Pass for XBL Arcade. It's just an interface to find Arcade games based on what you like. You recommend stuff, and your friends can see that you recommended it.

Anyway, there's 2 Avatar Awards.

For starting Destination: Arcade, you get "A Cool Hoodie". White hoodie, with "Xbox Live Arcade" logo on it.

The other one is more elusive. For a "Cool Dragon", says "There be dragons lurking in Destination: Arcade", but I have yet to figure out how to unlock it.

The interface itself is pretty nice. Almost no lag for me, and does a pretty good job with it's recommendations.

Edit: Thanks to Khalid (and nnthomas) for the dragon info. I was about to start going through all dragon related games, but now I don't have to.

The Dukenator
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I just downloaded this and unlocked both awards.

Sidereal
07-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Just a note: The Dragon award is the best prop ever.

k2345
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Hey guys just a quick question ?

Could I download it with my 2nd account (US), & then play it on my 1st account (UK) to get the awards ?

Khalid
07-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Yes, that is what I did.

shadaik
07-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey guys just a quick question ?

Could I download it with my 2nd account (US), & then play it on my 1st account (UK) to get the awards ? Yes, I just did that with US/German, should work for UK, too.

It starts up grants me my avatar award and even lets me download games (only a demo so far, did not check if it accepts european MS Points, mainly because I only have 15 right now).

TheEighthSage
07-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Actually, another way to get the Dragon award is to just browse around Destination: Arcade until you get a message saying "There are dragons lurking around!" It'll unlock as soon as you see that.

BemusedBox
07-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the info better get on my us account and download it.

KeepEmRolling
07-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Sweet! Thanks for the info on the avatar awards :)

Sakurafire
07-21-2010, 04:04 PM
New way to see XBLA, new release and deals of the week.

By the way, you can unlock the Dragon avatar by going on Magic the gathering. Thanks to nnthomas on CAG for this one.

You download the Dragon Avatar by looking at the box of any fantasy game. Got mine from Altered Beast.

Fishman
07-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the info, that dragon avatar reward is better than most of the ones you actually have to pay for.

D4RKXPOW3R
07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I just sorted games by price, and found a game that was free that I somehow never knew about...Totem Ball. :woop:

*Edit* Ok now that I have loaded the game up, I remember I did download this before...The reason I deleted it was because its an Xbox Live Vision Camera game, and without one, you can't play it...sigh

Starstrukk X360A
07-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Destination Arcade is definitely replacing the older way of browsing for new arcade games.

I love the Sort by MSP Points filter too.

andami
07-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Destination Arcade is definitely replacing the older way of browsing for new arcade games.

I love the Sort by MSP Points filter too.
Too bad it will only be around until the Summer of Arcade ends :(

Tufty
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM

If you already downloaded it then you get to keep it.

PointPlaceWI
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM

You're thinking of that you can't download it once Summer of Arcade ends. Like Tufty said once downloaded you get to keep it.

Khalid
07-21-2010, 08:37 PM
I just sorted games by price, and found a game that was free that I somehow never knew about...Totem Ball. :woop:

*Edit* Ok now that I have loaded the game up, I remember I did download this before...The reason I deleted it was because its an Xbox Live Vision Camera game, and without one, you can't play it...sigh
It is also one of the two game that is rated one star.

VladimirK
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Nice, I had completely forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder, just got the awards :)

Wonder if they'll do any more awards for it, feels a little odd if it's just a dragon and no other things.

EDIT: Just tried the dragon, haha, it's the dog's. Especially for being free. :D
Replaced my gnome from L4D2 :p

jenafer6
07-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Thx was wondering about the dragon prop

Kaiyo
07-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I was wondering about that dragon prop as well, thanks.

Corrupt.
07-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Cool, thanks for the info :woop:

Burning Karma
07-22-2010, 02:15 AM
EDIT: Just tried the dragon, haha, it's the dog's. Especially for being free. :D
Replaced my gnome from L4D2 :p
Best award/free prop I've gotten.

I like this. It makes browsing XBLA games so much more convient.

French_Kid
07-22-2010, 02:25 AM
how do i create a US account?

do i just need to go to hotmail, make a new address and then sign up on xbox?

Burning Karma
07-22-2010, 02:28 AM
how do i create a US account?

do i just need to go to hotmail, make a new address and then sign up on xbox?
Bingo bango: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92807

French_Kid
07-22-2010, 03:17 AM
i must fail big time...following those instructions does not work...:S

how do i nkow if i was successful?

and where do i find the destination arcade thing?

EDIT: NVM..i found it lol

Wortsenawl
07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I downloaded this yesterday. I initially had trouble getting a US account activated, so for those experiencing a similar problem I just changed the GB to US in the URL.

From then on it was plain sailing. The problem I was having was that the page kept directing we to the UK xbox page.

Moxarc
10-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi there,

if i download this application and then play it on my european account, may my account be ban?

jezzanotabelle
11-13-2010, 06:30 AM
So I can't seem to get the 'cool dragon' prop. I'm not sure if it was just a limited time thing, or if it's that when I bring up the application it says the servers are down. However when I first opened Destination: Arcade it gave me the 'cool hoodie', am I over looking something? I've tried pushing the download button, and tried finding similar games to Magic: The Gathering but neither of those are doing anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

andami
11-13-2010, 06:45 AM
You have to pass over a "Hot" game. Try using Destination Arcade offline. For some reason when you do that a section opens up called "Hot Games."

jezzanotabelle
11-13-2010, 07:31 AM
When I try opening it, it attempts to sign in to Live, and when it can't it comes up with an error stating: 'This game requires a connection to Xbox Live' the only option is to hit 'ok' and kicks me back to the dashboard.

Vigor
12-07-2010, 09:19 AM
it stopped updating and the servers are offline for weeks now?

nekokari
12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
interesting, i always wondered where what this was or where it was located, never could find it. will go after soon. thanks of the info.