PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 250GB Slim Arcade

Rebel River
07-22-2010, 12:57 AM
A new xbox 360 slim arcade is coming out August 3rd, it has 4Gb of flash memory, but it still has a hard drive slot to put a 250GB if you decide to later. This is a great deal for 199.00 USD, so if you want to show off to your friends your New xbox styled arcade, pick one up early this august. ;)

EmporerDragon
07-22-2010, 01:16 AM
It's not a great deal, it's a trick.
The arcades are designed with the people who don't know anything about game systems in mind as when grandma is getting little Jimmy a "Nintendo" for Christmas, she won't be able to tell the difference between the $200 model and the $300 model and will thus buy the cheaper one.

Sidereal
07-22-2010, 01:46 AM
But the only difference between the $200 and the $300 is the hard drive and a headset. Dunno how much the new HDD is going to cost, but the 250 for the original Xbox is $129.99 MSRP (using this as a price model only, I know they're not compatible with the new 360 S). I've seen them much cheaper than that on Amazon, eBay, and even Gamestop. Headsets are fairly cheap these days from what I've seen, but it's a fair point of cost difference no matter how you cut it.

It might not be the best deal, and it certainly isn't completely even, but I don't see what's so "trick"y about it.

There are lots of people who have absolutely no use for 250GB, so the 4GB would be much better suited.

I think it just depends on who's buying it. I wouldn't pay $100 more just for storage I wasn't going to use, but since I would need the storage, I wouldn't bother getting the 4GB. Personally, I would have no use for the headset, but again, a fair point.

I'd rather buy the 4GB console and a headset, as that'd still be cheaper than the 250GB. Of course, if you need all 3, then your obvious choice should be the 250GB console.

I guess I can just see how some would rather not spend $100 more for some stuff they probably won't even use or need.

Elit3 m0nkey
07-22-2010, 02:30 AM
It is good for people who don't play video games much or if they don't plan on getting LIVE. And these still sell pretty well. Only thing I don't like about these new 360's is that they don't come with games. Hopefully this will change in the future. And no the 360/Kinect Bundle does not count.