PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Slim question?

1morey
07-22-2010, 04:57 AM
I have just a while ago heard of the new Xbox 360 Slim. It sounds like Microsoft fixed up the "Problems". Now My only question is this:

IF and WHEN (if ever), I decide to get this Xbox 360 2.0 (yes it is a pun), How (and if this is even possible), would I transfer my games, Xbox Live Account, Gamertag, Game Saves, Achievements, Downloads, etc, the whole Shebang?

And this if I decide to get it, or wait for a price drop.

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-22-2010, 05:00 AM
I have just a while ago heard of the new Xbox 360 Slim. It sounds like Microsoft fixed up the "Problems". Now My only question is this:

IF and WHEN (if ever), I decide to get this Xbox 360 2.0 (yes it is a pun), How (and if this is even possible), would I transfer my games, Xbox Live Account, Gamertag, Game Saves, Achievements, Downloads, etc, the whole Shebang?

And this if I decide to get it, or wait for a price drop.

20 buck transfer cable

or flash drive, and then use license transfer tool

If youre going to get it, get it now...not going to price drop for a while

I have one and it is a good thing to have, its precious to me

stewiedude
07-22-2010, 06:44 AM
yea flashdrive works great, but i just recently got a problem with mine, it wont even try to read a disc, it would earlier today but now it wont even try so idk whats up

KeepEmRolling
07-22-2010, 12:40 PM
yea flashdrive works great, but i just recently got a problem with mine, it wont even try to read a disc, it would earlier today but now it wont even try so idk whats up

I haven't got a slim yet, but aren't there games, Fable 2 for instance, where you can't transfer game saves by MU/flashdrive?

RudeBoy TK
07-22-2010, 12:47 PM
There is a update comming because the most xbox360 slims will not searching ranked matches with the most games!! Sow i wait for the update first before i tranfer my savegames, arcade games etc.. I think i dont like it when im loosing all my data ;)

RudeBoy TK
07-22-2010, 12:55 PM
This was happened last night when im played battlefield bad company 2 :( The new xbox 360 slim Scratch my disks again!!
YouTube- Xbox 360 Slim Destoys Disks Again, Fail [HQ]

Mikey1610
07-22-2010, 01:00 PM
^ Are you serious? What the hell do you expect when you're picking up your console and tilting it.

static442
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi, i backed up my gamesaves to a portable flashdrive, showed up on my old xbox fine and now when i put it in my new xbox slim it says it is empty?

anyone else had this problem?
or know a solution

II Pittsburgh Steelers II
07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
http://card.mygamercard.net/xTH1RTE3Nx13.png :locked:eek::uzi:;):drunk:):woop::(:confused::mad: :p:Bounce:

GRUx CamMie
07-22-2010, 03:48 PM
use a transfer cable or a usb flash drive worked 4 me :)

II Pittsburgh Steelers II
07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
yeah @RUDEBOY TK...you do know any xbox will mess up your disk if you start tilting it. It happened with my MW2, and it freakin broke, so for future advise: don't tilt xbox360 when it is on, ok? :uzi::eek:

Damian227
07-22-2010, 04:12 PM
I hope to do it via flashdrive, but I heard there is a maximum size that the 360 recognizes, so can anybody let me know what that is?

RudeBoy TK
07-22-2010, 05:13 PM
yeah @RUDEBOY TK...you do know any xbox will mess up your disk if you start tilting it. It happened with my MW2, and it freakin broke, so for future advise: don't tilt xbox360 when it is on, ok? :uzi::eek:

Its not my youtube movie!! but i never replaced or removed my new xbox slim since i have it! But microsoft said to me today on the phone that the xbox only make scratch if ur moving your console but that is sow WRONG!!:uzi:

Neverender
07-23-2010, 12:56 AM
If youre going to get it, get it now...not going to price drop for a while

Wrong. Kinect and the 360S will be available together for $300 at Kinect's release (although the HD is smaller, but that can be replaced fairly cheap via eBay). Since Kinect costs $150 on its own, I'd call that a price drop.

Definitely wait for a price drop if you are going to get one. There will be good deals on bundles around the holidays, so that'd probably be the best time.

GraydogNZ
07-23-2010, 05:43 AM
i used a 16gb usb drive, put all the crap on there, plugged it into the new xbox and then went to www.xbox.com/drm and transfered the licences there, prob took around 45mins total.. u can only transfer licences through that website once every 12 months tho