PDA

View Full Version : What will happen when Action Replay comes out?

Alive741
03-17-2006, 12:08 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed, or if people don't want to discuss it, but has anyone thought about what will happen when/if Action Replay or something like it comes out for the 360?

People will obviously use it to get difficult achievements, obviously it wouldn't help for everything--but it would absolutely help for things like Kameo's "A" rankings, Brutal and Insane difficulties on games, and things like Loopnastics in Wik.

Has anyone heard anything about it, how will they make it so the achievements aren't unlocked if its used? Do you think the developers or Microsoft would care?

Just thought about this, I've never owned or used or seen an Action Replay. All I know is that people used it to duplicate items in Phantasy Star Online...Maybe I have it all wrong and it wouldn't help at all, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Just curious and thought I'd ask.

DarkLif3
03-17-2006, 12:23 AM
It really doesn't matter to me if someone uses an Action Replay to get hard single player achievements because achievements mean nothing and aren't worth any thing but time. When it makes it's way to any Live game (online), then that's when I'm pissed.

graf1k
03-17-2006, 12:37 AM
I believe that MS would have to approve an Action Replay or Gameshark for the 360 before one gets sold, and I'm sure MS knows how well Gamerscores have gone over with people and wouldn't want to screw that up by making them completely useless. Even now some people consider them useless because of sites like this or because everybody plays Madden or NBA2K6 to get their scores up. I personally don't have a problem with it myself because at least your putting an effort in. But with Gameshark and stuff like that, anybody no matter what their skill level can have an ST TheKing-like score in a matter of hours.

DarkLif3
03-17-2006, 12:59 AM
To further touch on my point in my first post...

In my opinion it's a flawed system any way. Fun but flawed. An Action Replay for single player achievements wouldn't matter. For example, some single player games allow you to get achievements by using cheats. Really wouldn't make a difference with an Action Replay.

Also, a lot of Live games allow you to use glitches to get multiplayer achievements and leaderboard achievements. Anyone can have ST The King's gamerscore with time, effort and some friends. Of course there is gaming skill invloved but lets face it, he as A LOT of time. Hell I have over 11,000 GS now with a full time job and a girl. I can see that being higher if I was only a college student such as The King.

Alive741
03-17-2006, 01:52 AM
Still, I can only think of 3 games out right now that the cheats work in. One of which didn't really matter at all...

Action Replay would affect almost every game in one way or another...Big difference.

Helacool360
03-17-2006, 02:30 AM
i have never heard of action replay:confused:

Sarge McLarge
03-17-2006, 06:24 AM
Im sure we will be required to download more patches as hacking becomes more of an issue.

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
03-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I hope it doesnt come down to action replay or gameshark taking over the achievements and gamerscores.....I work really hard getting my gamerscore up and i too have a full time job and a girlfriend......i would be pissed if i wasted all my extra time tryin to imporve my gamerscore for nothing.....and to clarify one thing ...IMO i think the gamerscore was created for several reasons..1. to show how much of a hardcore gamer u are..2. to actually have something to show for for each game you play...3. probably to sell more games..and there are many other reasons but i dont want to get too far off topic...but im pretty sure microsoft doesnt want the gamerscore system to get tainted so hopefully they work hard to keep it clean...i know that they can add/remove achievements/gamerscore points if they want to...i remember seeing awhile ago someone had 200,000 gamerscore points cuz he found a glitch in condemed...within a week it was fixed and his gamerscore was adjusted

Minty
03-17-2006, 05:12 PM
now they have the data transfer kit, in theory anyone can do it now anyway

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
03-17-2006, 06:27 PM
what is the data transfer kit

Minty
03-17-2006, 06:29 PM
it has usb at one end and a connector on the other that your memory card plugs into. means you can add you saved games onto your pc, and send them round the world.

g4m3r7ag
03-17-2006, 06:31 PM
it doesnt really transfer the achievements if you transfer the save, the guys at www.xbox360saves.com (http://www.xbox360saves.com) i think cant remember the url, had a discussion about it and the only one htat really worked was full auto

Minty
03-17-2006, 07:40 PM
yeah but you can make life a lot easier- example of fifa. just save the game before the final match for each of the torunaments, saves a lot of time etc. or COD2, just save the game 2 steps before the end of the chapter

Helacool360
03-17-2006, 09:30 PM
yeah but you can make life a lot easier- example of fifa. just save the game before the final match for each of the torunaments, saves a lot of time etc. or COD2, just save the game 2 steps before the end of the chapter

i think ur on to somethin here

graf1k
03-17-2006, 09:49 PM

I'm not positive but I believe the Xbox.com team addressed this and said that all saves are tied to Gamertags and that even if you did get somone elses save onto your system in the manner you are talking about and then finished the level, it would at best unlock the achievement on the original persons gamertag. Or something like that.

Emerson
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Meh. Most games disable achievements when you use cheats, and MS will make AR do the same thing, most likely.

scoobydiesel
03-17-2006, 11:54 PM
i hope we do nto see an action reply on 360 or if we do have them lock it up so people can not do this, make a regular update or something a swell so people cant find away around it.

my friend want2bgreat would use this in a heart beat so i really really hope microsoft does something..