View Full Version : Forge World ViDoc

Blaze9026
07-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Forge World ViDoc
YouTube- Bungie Halo Reach Forge World ViDoc

SuperSkyline89
07-23-2010, 06:09 AM
That is awesome!

I didn't really do much with Forge in Halo 3 because I never thought of moving items around as all that interesting but now it's what I've always hoped Forge would be. I'm going to have some real fun with this.

Atroxx70
07-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Oh my God this is absolutely insane. There has never been a map that big in the entire history of competitive gaming, let alone a fully editable one.

Joseph Oakley
07-23-2010, 08:58 AM
..... This is amazing!!!
Forgeworld alone could be a game.

Tiberian
07-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Saw this earlier but wanted to comment on how awesome it looked. ForgeWorld itself looks like a really beautiful map, but then when you take into consideration all the cool forge maps you could potentially make, it really is awesome. I love how they've remade several Halo 2 maps in it.

withoutlove124
07-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Yea, I saw this yesterday, it really looks exciting =]

nicky6314
07-23-2010, 03:58 PM
This is amazing! The possibilities are endless, and every halo map to date can now be recreated by the community!

Pixo
07-23-2010, 04:15 PM
This alone is gonna be the reason I get Halo: Reach. It looks like all the possibilities in this are endless. This is also the biggest map I've ever seen, I never thought I would ever see a map this big that's fully editable. Everything that I wanted in Halo 3's Forge is in here and more.

Halo: Reach is a guaranteed buy for me now.

Atroxx70
07-23-2010, 04:23 PM
You watch, somebody out there is going to come up with a whole new multiplayer genre with this. Even with Halo3's Forge, people were doing things that even Bungie thought were impossible. I can't wait to see what people will do with this, I'm already thinking I might need a bigger hard drive, lol. Even without Forge World itself, the fact that Bungie is saying that some of the actual official multiplayer maps were made entirely with Forge speaks for itself.

Maps based on racing, platforming, puzzle solving, the possibilities really do seem endless. I haven't heard anything about this, but I'm hoping you'll be able to make a Firefight map with Forge World, that way you could potentially create an entire single player or co-op level or maybe even entire mini-game! September can't come soon enough for me.

nicky6314
07-23-2010, 11:26 PM
]I haven't heard anything about this, but I'm hoping you'll be able to make a Firefight map with Forge World, that way you could potentially create an entire single player or co-op level or maybe even entire mini-game! September can't come soon enough for me.

Unfortunately, Bungie said we would not be able to forge firefight maps. They are completely separate from the regular maps/forge world. We still get the insane customization though.

Atroxx70
07-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, Bungie said we would not be able to forge firefight maps. They are completely separate from the regular maps/forge world. We still get the insane customization though.

You know, I really can't even say this is a disappointment. Forge 2.0 is about as perfect as it can possibly be. If it were possible to place Covenant enemies on the maps though, you could potentially create new co-op levels with it. Maybe someone can create an interesting single-player puzzle/platforming level where enemies aren't needed though.

Edit: By the way, at about 4:40 and a couple times after that in the video, are they screwing around with gravity or rotating the map or what? What exactly is going on there?

DarkCreations
07-24-2010, 01:04 AM
It is gonna be the biggest major selling point for Halo Reach yet.

A lot of new custom games will be made so i'm readying up because i can see myself getting spammed by invites from my recent players list >.<

I really do like how it's easier to insert objects into other objects too, including terrain! My mate is gonna have a field day with his Mountain High on ForgeWorld :P

I liking the look of this King of the Hog too, that should be interesting! Everyone with just Gravity hammers?! :D

Anyway! I pre-ordered my copy tonight after see'ing the comic-con and ViDoc videos, it definitely persuaded my buy in the end :) because i was unsure at first.

nicky6314
07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
By the way, at about 4:40 and a couple times after that in the video, are they screwing around with gravity or rotating the map or what? What exactly is going on there?

I was really hoping that we would be able to alter gravity, but we will not. The person is standing inside the object (a tower or whatever) while it is being rotated by another person, making it seem like gravity is changing.

Atroxx70
07-24-2010, 05:18 PM
I was really hoping that we would be able to alter gravity, but we will not. The person is standing inside the object (a tower or whatever) while it is being rotated by another person, making it seem like gravity is changing.

Hmm, are you sure? I'll need to watch it again but later on it the video I believe there is a guy who appears to be walking all around the surface of a floating cube.

Edit: Yeah, check out at about 5 minutes even. It's not a cube, but it looks like the guy is running down a vertical wall, then he jumps and rotates in the air and lands perpendicular to the wall he was just running down.

Dcon6393
07-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Like the guy said in the video, they are going out with a bang, forge and firefight 2.0, plus a new campaign, and of course the online multiplayer. When everyone is talking about everything in a halo game except the mulitplayer, you know it is going to be insane

NomoreNiceGuy
07-25-2010, 12:46 AM
OMG! when i first watched this i said "Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes!" the entrie time

not kidding

Atroxx70
07-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Like the guy said in the video, they are going out with a bang, forge and firefight 2.0, plus a new campaign, and of course the online multiplayer. When everyone is talking about everything in a halo game except the mulitplayer, you know it is going to be insane

Very well said.

UCB Disco
07-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I have to be honest, my thoughts on Halo: Reach went from, "This is just going to be the next evolution in Halo games, " to, "HOLY CRAP! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGGIN' AWESOME!" solely because of Forge World.

The main reason I played Halo 3 when it first came out (And even one of the main reasons I still play it these days) is because of Forge Mode. Although it isn't perfect, it was a fantastic means of applying your own touch and thoughts to maps that already existed. When maps like Sandbox came out, it only enlarged the experience with Forge.

However, Forge World is a whole new story, and forging within Halo: Reach is everything I ever wanted from Halo 3. This is truly the next step in custom map creations in video games. This is what is going to set Halo: Reach away from the crowd.

Awesome. Just plain awesome.

nicky6314
07-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Hmm, are you sure? I'll need to watch it again but later on it the video I believe there is a guy who appears to be walking all around the surface of a floating cube.

Edit: Yeah, check out at about 5 minutes even. It's not a cube, but it looks like the guy is running down a vertical wall, then he jumps and rotates in the air and lands perpendicular to the wall he was just running down.

One of Bungie's employees said it in the forum that it was rotated by another monitor. Though I'm not sure how the one at 5 min could be that. Cant find the actual thread anymore, but I found a gamespot thread in which someone saw the same thing.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/haloreach/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-55707667&pid=960512

SM Rollinger
07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
oh man this looks mindnumbingly sick. mp maps on OG halo enviroments? ill take on :)