PDA

View Full Version : New Achievements

RadicalSniper99
04-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Who knows if there will be any new achievements for this game, but do you believe an extra 250 points could cause a resurgence in the online community?

I don't think it would be enough with the changes to the game from "the patch" but there could be a couple weeks of increased play.

FrothyOmen
04-19-2007, 09:50 PM
I believe it would. I'm getting a little bored with trying for 10k in Gears of War, so instead i'm playing a little CH. New achievements would defenitely pique (sp?) my interests.

Wurlon
04-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I doubt it would. I mean, when I play chromehounds I hate how long it takes to get a game going, and it takes even longer for a squad. It isn't my connection, it just takes forever to join a mission that has people in it that don't quit at the first sight of someone. I feel like I could be making more progress in another game, and I only played chromehounds for the past two weeks for a little while because I finished the Gears Of War achievements.

I really don't know what would save the online community, maybe if the professional players would back off and let others get the Gold medal achievements...

angry
04-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I doubt it would. I mean, when I play chromehounds I hate how long it takes to get a game going, and it takes even longer for a squad. It isn't my connection, it just takes forever to join a mission that has people in it that don't quit at the first sight of someone. I feel like I could be making more progress in another game, and I only played chromehounds for the past two weeks for a little while because I finished the Gears Of War achievements.

I really don't know what would save the online community, maybe if the professional players would back off and let others get the Gold medal achievements...

Nice one on beating GOW m8. :)

Ref Chromohounds u took the words right outta my mouth m8.

Spartan2249
04-21-2007, 03:55 AM
I think so

Drednaught X
04-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I think more achievments will not save anything. First, the patch that came out a while ago killed it completly. Then they would probibly be stupid achievments like "stay inside enemy base for 4 min" or "shoot enemy cockpit 200 times in one round" or something like that

icedtea
04-25-2007, 01:10 AM
i thought some of the first 1k achievements were pretty bad and i dont think that 250 will save it from going to the clearance bin

BornBlazed
05-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Who knows if there will be any new achievements for this game, but do you believe an extra 250 points could cause a resurgence in the online community?

I don't think it would be enough with the changes to the game from "the patch" but there could be a couple weeks of increased play.

what's so dang wrong with the comunity? Do you bother looking at the ranks and seening how many people play? There's over 6,000 players! i play everyday, last time i checked my Squad " FullMetalJack" was in 24th place for this Numeriouse war out of Thousands of other ACTIVE squads.

Project KG
06-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Of course it will. It dies for people when they get a full 1000. New achievements will revive it.

Rodni Demental
07-17-2007, 07:13 AM
It doesn't matter what the new achievements are. If they realease any sort of DLC for ANY game, people will buy it if it has new achievements.

Take a look at Small Arms, it had a little add on pack for 2 new characters and maps, and they chucked in 2 extra achievements just for basically PLAYING as one of the new characters and a new map. Do people buy that pack because they like the game? I honestly don't think so, people bought it because it was the 2 easiest achievements in the game!

Now lets take a look at a little game known as Novadrome. They've recently released some new vehicles and missions for that game, but they didn't add any achievements! Only people that actually enjoy the stupid game are going to buy it. It's a fact about how things are right now. As sad as it is, add achievements to anything and people will throw away their money and start playing.

Zef
07-17-2007, 09:50 AM
New achievements COULD bring the community back from the brink, but I doubt the developers could be arsed to make any.

If they were free I'd go back and play it for a while in hopes of getting an easy 250. I was planning to go and get some of the easier but longer achievements soon anyway.

KRAZY KILLLER
07-30-2007, 04:46 PM
It doesn't matter what the new achievements are. If they realease any sort of DLC for ANY game, people will buy it if it has new achievements.

Take a look at Small Arms, it had a little add on pack for 2 new characters and maps, and they chucked in 2 extra achievements just for basically PLAYING as one of the new characters and a new map. Do people buy that pack because they like the game? I honestly don't think so, people bought it because it was the 2 easiest achievements in the game!

Now lets take a look at a little game known as Novadrome. They've recently released some new vehicles and missions for that game, but they didn't add any achievements! Only people that actually enjoy the stupid game are going to buy it. It's a fact about how things are right now. As sad as it is, add achievements to anything and people will throw away their money and start playing.

I totally agree with you dude 100%!

Pfc Ender
08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I think new achievements can have the possibilty in creating a spike of people playing the game. but how long it will last is another question all together. so yea it will increase the number of players but im not confident that it will last too long.

Paul2504
08-20-2007, 12:35 AM
I think new achievements would revive the game for a bit but i think it would depend how hard the achievements were as to how long the revival would last.

Inf Enforcer D
07-24-2008, 02:03 AM
From my experience, there's a long waiting period from all the loading, Unidentified Weapons (other than Ghalib) are a pain :mad: to get released, and it'll take thousands upon thousands of six-man missions just to get the Commander Valor alone. Extra achievements my foot, changing the ranks won't help it either; they'd need an overhaul to make up for such things. Though I've only seen a few ideas about fixing this game, there are almost enough factors for me to come up with a definitive sequel. From Software, From Networks and SEGA should have noticed this by now, but then the server only updates so often.

LH Cerberus
10-28-2008, 09:53 PM
i think new achievements would bring back a lot of the old CH players.
if they bring new achievements, my favorite would be: Destroy the Enemy HQ on every Map 10 Times.
that would be sick. :)