PDA

View Full Version : Redeemable "Game-Add on"

RickyMcG
07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Hello to anyone that reads this.

I've been out this afternoon and bought a new copy of Alan Wake. Now behind the manual is a redeemable code I can use for a game add-on. I'd just like to know when I should use this, and what is it for exactly?

Time to get stuck into this game. I'm looking forward to playing it. Any quick replies will be appreciated, really itching to start this game. :)

mmartynn
07-24-2010, 09:46 PM
if you wait till mid-day tuesday, youll be able to download the DLC called "the signal" with it
tho if you use it now, youll just get some video.
if you do use it now, you will be sent a new one sometime on tuesday via email.

personally, id say wait till tuesday and redeem it then, spend the weekend enjoying the game :)

RickyMcG
07-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks a lot Martyn for the quick response. I'll hold onto it then! I never realised it was out so soon. Going to have a few hours now before I go to bed. Play it ALL of tomorrow. :D

mmartynn
07-24-2010, 09:57 PM
yeh its no problem. i would suggest going thro with the collectable guide. having to play the game 2 times is a bit of a pain but fun.
hope to have it 1k'd before the DLC tuesday :P

RickyMcG
07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I didn't want to fuss around with collectibles on my first runthrough, so I'll be starting another strictly for them. Wanted to enjoy the story - A first for me for a game with collectibles, I usually chase them during my first run. Now, do collectibles reset on each play? For example, manuscript pages Im finding now will I have to find again in my next play?

Same with the other collectibles. I havn't opened a chest, picked up a coffe thermos as I dont know. The only thing I have been doing is finding the can pyramids. 5 of them isn't so bad. :)

Morbido
07-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I didn't want to fuss around with collectibles on my first runthrough, so I'll be starting another strictly for them. Wanted to enjoy the story - A first for me for a game with collectibles, I usually chase them during my first run. Now, do collectibles reset on each play? For example, manuscript pages Im finding now will I have to find again in my next play?

Same with the other collectibles. I havn't opened a chest, picked up a coffe thermos as I dont know. The only thing I have been doing is finding the can pyramids. 5 of them isn't so bad. :)

Collectibles dont reset. So if you find 26 chests on playthough one, you will only need to find four on your second run. However apart from the manuscript pages you cant keep tabs on the ones you have got/missed. So I would stop collecting the thermoses after you have got 25 (which you should find without necessarily searching for them) I was lucky as my 25th one was the final one in chapter three. Therefor on the second playthrough (with the help from the excellent guide) it was only the first half of the game where I knew id missed some. Ive heard of people missing one thermos then having to do the whole game again just to find the one they missed. And id imagine that would be pretty frustrating.

A quick question on the subject of the dlc code. For those who HAVE redeemed it - has anybody had a thankyou for purchasing Alan Wake E-mail or something similar? As i redeemed it and got the video but am worried that come the 27th I wont hear anything. If I get E-mails about Microsoft points and updating Live sent to my E-mail I presume my GT is linked to my E-mail address. Can somebody please confirm this. It might sound like a daft question, but I dont fancy paying for the Signal when I should get it free. Cheers.

RickyMcG
07-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Collectibles dont reset. So if you find 26 chests on playthough one, you will only need to find four on your second run. However apart from the manuscript pages you cant keep tabs on the ones you have got/missed. So I would stop collecting the thermoses after you have got 25 (which you should find without necessarily searching for them) I was lucky as my 25th one was the final one in chapter three. Therefor on the second playthrough (with the help from the excellent guide) it was only the first half of the game where I knew id missed some. Ive heard of people missing one thermos then having to do the whole game again just to find the one they missed. And id imagine that would be pretty frustrating.

A quick question on the subject of the dlc code. For those who HAVE redeemed it - has anybody had a thankyou for purchasing Alan Wake E-mail or something similar? As i redeemed it and got the video but am worried that come the 27th I wont hear anything. If I get E-mails about Microsoft points and updating Live sent to my E-mail I presume my GT is linked to my E-mail address. Can somebody please confirm this. It might sound like a daft question, but I dont fancy paying for the Signal when I should get it free. Cheers.

I've seen plenty of coffee thermos, but I have purposefully left them so I can collect every collectible on another playthrough Same with the chests. I havn't even been looking at the signs for Bright Falls Afficiado. I'll keep avoiding them, to save me hassle. Already dedicated a run for collectibles only. I didn't realise there was an achievement for 5 chests / 25 coffee cups. Oh well, I'll grab them when I finish my first run.

Thankyou for the reply. :)

SenseiPjH
07-25-2010, 05:11 PM
I'd say from experience that leaving the collectibles until you can get them all in one go is a good idea.. I managed to finish up on 98 thermoses! Luckily watching some youtube videos i spotted the ones i had missed, now just one more nightmare chapter and i'll have the 1000/1000 ready for the DLC! Looking forward to it, i really enjoyed this game :)

Also, use a video guide for your collectibles run just for reference, as sometimes written ones by their nature just aren't specific enough (sometimes you could be looking 'by a big rock' only to realise the guide meant a totally different 'big rock'!)..

Happy hunting!

Akka
07-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Oh snap. I forgot about the redeemable DLC. I put my code in when the game first came out. So I should get an email today huh? sweet!

mmartynn
07-27-2010, 10:18 AM
yh sometime today. tho i have a spare, im not to sure to wait from my emailed code or just use my spare.

M1keX
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Guys i just watched my video again (the one if you use the code before your meant to) and it says that i will get an email on july the 28th.

Anyone else have the same date on thier vid cause isn't this dlc relased today ? (the 27th)

mmartynn
07-27-2010, 11:57 AM
youd be right, they said the 28th.
great, i either use my spare code or buy it for 560. or wait till 2moz. suggestions?

M1keX
07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
youd be right, they said the 28th.
great, i either use my spare code or buy it for 560. or wait till 2moz. suggestions?

well the news thread on this site (just come up on main page) says that MS are sending out codes to those who used theres today so if i was you i'll wait mate :)