PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 3 - Rumours and Facts

mikachu93
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Following in the Rock Band forums' beloved Sayburr's steps and taking a stab at my own Rock Band 3 rumour and fact thread, I'm here to bring you all the info you need to know! If there are any mistakes or if you have any suggestions, don't be afraid to comment!

For more detailed information and sources, please see Sayburr's thread and my Sources section, both at the bottom of my second post.

Release Information
Rock Band 3 will hit shelves in North America on October 26, 2010; the game will see it's international release on the 29th.

Pricing
-Game - $60
-Game w/keyboard - $130
-Keyboard - $80
-Fender Mustang Pro guitar - $150
-Squier Stratocaster Pro guitar - No price currently available
-Rock Band 3 drum set w/three cymbal expansion - $130
-Rock Band 3 microphone - $30*
-MIDI output (for third-party keyboards and drum sets) - $40

* - Any USB microphone should be compatible.

Pre-order specials are available at GameStop, Amazon, and Walmart's websites. Respectively, they are:

-three additional tracks (Burning Down the House by the Talking Heads; My Own Summer by the Deftones; and Blue Monday by New Order). This deal is for 360- and PS3-users only, though they will be released in the Music Store at a later time.
-$10 off next video game purchase plus an in-game guitar for your avatar.
-$10 off your next purchase.

Gameplay
All details below apply to the 360, PS3, and Wii, unless otherwise noted in the paragraph.

Pro mode, probably the most notable feature in Rock Band 3, introduces an entirely new perspective to the platform. Players can now use Pro instruments to play the songs as they were meant to be played (when playing expert), or work their way up from easy with simplified charts to help players grow accustomed to the new instruments.

Guitarists and bassists can use either the 17-fret Mustang or the 22-fret Squier to play their favorite guitar and bass tracks note for note. Because the charts will vary (very slightly) depending on the peripheral used, no other guitar can be used. Sorry. The Mustang is expected to be compatible with traditional Rock Band charts, as well as traditional keyboard charts; according to RockBandAide (http://rockbandaide.com/7968/new-details-from-the-pax-rock-band-panel/), however, the Squier will not be able to play traditional charts.

According to John Drake (http://rockbandaide.com/7992/john-drake-answers-your-questions-at-pax/), ďThereís a mode in Rock Band 3 where you can turn on a modifier... so you know how the finger wave shows you where your index finger is, if I remember, and the rest is just a shape? Thereís a mode that you can turn on that will actually show you where every finger should be in the shape, so it will for a power chord, or for a bar chord, it will say, if youíre on the fourth fret, fours for everything except for the notes that are higher, it will have sixes for those and fives for the ones above that. So it gets really complicated. We show you the position of every single fret in that chord. The reason we didnít include that in the normal mode of the game, is because it is terrifying! It is like hundreds of notes and numbers screaming down the screen at you. Itís like if youíre a real pro-guitar player, youíll be totally used to it, but if youíre not, itís like unfathomably complicated. The design team did a lot of work and did a great job. Iím excited about it. But that modifier is there if youíre trying to figure out something."

As a final little treat, bassists will finally be able to play bass solos similar to all other instruments (http://rockbandaide.com/8402/pax-qa-follow-up-with-john-drake/) (sans vocals). The bad news? Any song with keys kicks the bassist from the stage.

Pianists will be able to take full advantage of the new 25-key keyboard peripheral to play just over two octaves worth of keys. The keyboard will work both as a traditional instrument and a Pro instrument, and can be used to play traditional guitar and bass charts. There will also be a MIDI adapter so players can use their existing keyboards with the game.

The drums now utilize cymbals to play the drum tracks as close to the real deal as possible, minus most double bass charts. Almost all Rock Band tracks have cymbals charted in their music files, so drummers can use nearly their entire library for Pro mode.

Harmonies, introduced in The Beatles Rock Band and seen again in Green Day Rock Band, will also make an appearance in Rock Band 3. Up to three singers can sing along to all their favorite songs, and in any instance where there are more players than vocal parts, all three players can decide to sing together or one at a time. However, only one singer can be present in an online session.

To the public's knowledge, all Green Day songs and some or all Pearl Jam songs will be the only pre-Rock Band 3 tracks to feature harmonies.

Drop-in/drop-out gameplay allows players to jump right into the action mid-song, or leave a session at any point. No word on whether or not this will work in career modes.

Instrument and difficulty selection can now be changed mid-song. Players using a guitar controller can now pause a song and switch over to bass or keyboard (the same applies to bassists and pianists), and players using Pro instruments will be able to switch over to traditional charts mid-song.

Independent track speeds will now allow expert players in an easy band to see their chart scroll at an expert pace, while easy charts will scroll at an easy pace.

Strum limits have been removed and will be replaced with a more advanced strum detection.

Custom playlists can now be saved for quick and easy access to all your favorite tracks. Challenges based on these playlists can be sent to friends, and will be tied to social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter.

The scoring system has been completely redesigned (meaning scores from past games will not pass over), and will allow each band member to see their individual scores along with their band score. Scores can also be broken down by the number of points you received with or without overdrive.

Party mode, known as "Road Challenges", is best described by Teasdale as "taking Rock Band 1 and 2's band world tour (mode) and merging it with Mario Party. We tried to find a way to get the core experience people had playing the band world tour and the things they really enjoyed, like getting the van or getting random set lists, and putting that into a setting that you can finish in an evening instead of a week. So now we have all these tours which are actually you going on a tour of the East Coast or touring across the world, and you are finishing that in three hours or whatever time you think you have to play."

Overshell allows players two through four to change drop-in, select an instrument, change their difficulty, turn on lefty flip, and drop-out (if they get tired of waiting) while player one selects a song.

Tour mode has been completely reworked. Backgrounds will show your band making their way from gig to gig as you navigate the menus, and the narrative elements will be introduced in two ways. Players can follow a specific narrative tour or an 'achievement'-based career (explained below).

The new Career mode is all goal-based, earning you achievements (not for gamer points) for meeting certain requirements. Teasdale comments: "Previously our career modes weren't really about getting better as a Rock Band player, it was about investing time. We developed this entirely new career mode based around unlocking achievement-like goals to show your progression through the game, and also give you incentives to get better. We have hundreds and hundreds of these goals across instruments and gameplay modes and across (downloadable content). It is a really great way to finish Rock Band in your way, based on your skill, and not on some predetermined path of songs." The new challenge system introduces over 700 goals to accomplish.

All-Instrument mode will allow up to seven players to perform at once. Because the Xbox 360 and Wii can support only four controllers at a time, microphones will be tied to the core instruments. When playing with five to seven players, vocalists will not be scored.

Character creation makes a return in Rock Band 3, with more features and options than any game prior. However, according to a post on the official Rock Band forums by HMXThrasher (here (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201237&page=12)), characters can be made permanent members of your band, but cannot be assigned to specific instruments. Everybody switches around (unless you're playing as one of your custom characters, of course) and will act as what Drake joked as "multi-instrumentalists who are much more well rounded musicians, just like you'll be after rocking in RB Pro!"

mikachu93
07-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Setlist
The setlist will feature 83 songs by 83 different artists (as in, one song per artist). A list of all confirmed bands and songs will be posted at the bottom of this section, with a list of rumoured bands and songs yet to be commented on by Harmonix.

Songs can be assigned ratings, which will increase or decrease the likelihood that they will appear in random setlists. Rating songs also allows players to receive recommendations based on their ratings compared to the ratings of other players.

The Music Library, Rock Band 3's new song-selection interface, allows players to narrow down their search further than Rock Band and Rock Band 2 ever could. Players can now search for songs by:

-Difficulty
-Song Name
-Band Name
-Stars
-Decade
-Genre
-Location (Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, Green Day, Lego, DLC)
-Song Length [New]
-Leaderboard Rank [New]
-Review (one lighter through five lighters) [New]
-Play Count [New]
-Date Purchased (from newest to oldest downloaded) [New]

Further more, players can filter their choices to find, for example, only '80s metal songs or new wave tracks shorter than three minutes. Excluding from this list the sorting options above (which can all be used to filter), players can filter their library by:

-Vocal Parts (one through three parts)
-Keys Support
-Pro Guitar/Bass Support (Pro guitar, Pro bass, or both)

All previous songs will be compatible with Rock Band 3, with the exception of any song by The Beatles and three tracks from Rock Band 1 that couldn't be imported (Enter Sandman, Paranoid, and the cover of Run to the Hills). Songs will not be automatically retrofitted with harmonies, keyboards, and Pro charts (with the exceptions listed in the Gameplay section), though Joystiq has reported that Harmonix has begun putting songs into consideration for full Rock Band 3 support.

The Rock Band Network will be supported by Rock Band 3, and will be updated to include the new features after Rock Band 3 launches. Rock Band Network (RBN) songs can appear in any setlist, can be saved in playlists, can be used to complete any goal involving downloaded songs, and can be used to complete challenges.

The Rock Band Network 2.0 will allow authors to chart keys and Pro drums, though authors will no be allowed to chart Pro guitar or Pro bass. No word on harmonies.

Setlist
Amy Winehouse - Rehab (2000s)
At the Drive-In - One Armed Scissor (2000s)
Anthrax - Caught in a Mosh (1980s)
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot (2000s)
Big Country - In a Big Country (1980s)
Blondie - Heart of Glass (1970s)
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Get Up, Stand Up (1960s)
Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4 (1970s)
David Bowie - Space Oddity (1960s)
Dio - Rainbow in the Dark (1980s)
Dire Straits - Walk of Life (1980s)
Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (1970s)
Def Leppard - Foolin' (1980s)
Devo - Whip It (1980s)
Dover - King George (2000s)
Echo & the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon (1980s)
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) (1970s)
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis (1990s)
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot (1990s)
Foreigner - Cold as Ice (1970s)
Golden Earring - Radar Love (1970s)
HIM - Killing Loneliness (2000s)
Huey Lewis and the News - The Power of Love (1980s)
Hypernova - Viva La Resistance (2000s)
Ida Maria - Oh My God (2000s)
INXS - Need You Tonight (1980s)
James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) (1960s)
Jane’s Addiction - Been Caught Stealing (1990s)
Joan Jett - I Love Rock and Roll (1980s)
John Lennon - Imagine (1970s)
Juanes - Me Enamora (2000s)
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird (1970s)
ManŠ - Oye Mi Amor (1990s)
Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People (1990s)
Metric - Combat Baby (2000s)
Night Ranger - Sister Christian (1980s)
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (1980s)
Paramore - Misery Business (2000s)
Phish - Llama (1990s)
Phoenix - Lasso (2000s)
Poni Hoax - Antibodies (2000s)
Pretty Girls Make Graves - Something Bigger, Something Brighter (2000s)
Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver (1990s)
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1970s)
Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows (2000s)
Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle (1970s)
Swingin' Utters - This Bastard's Life (1990s)
Rammstein - Du Hast (1990s)
Rilo Kiley - Portions of Foxes (2000s)
Riverboat Gamblers - Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead (2000s)
Roxette - The Look (1980s)
Slipknot - Before I Forget (1990s)
Smash Mouth - Walkin on the Sun (1990s)
Spacehog - In the Meantime (1990s)
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (1990s)
T. Rex - 20th Century Boy (1970s)
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World (1980s)
Tegan and Sara - The Con (2000s)
The B-52s - Rock Lobster (1970s)
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (Live) (1960s)
The Bronx - False Alarm (2000s)
The Cure - Just Like Heaven (1980s)
The Doobie Brothers - China Grove (1970s)
The Doors - Break On Through (To the Other Side) (1960s)
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1 (2000s)
The J. Geils Band - Centerfold (1980s)
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Crosstown Traffic (1960s)
The Muffs - Outer Space (1990s)
The Police - Don't Stand So Close to Me (1980s)
The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated (1970s)
The Raveonettes - Last Dance (1970s)
The Smiths - Stop Me if You've Heard This One Before (1980s)
The Sounds - Living in America (2000s)
The Vines - Get Free (2000s)
The White Stripes - The Hardest Button to Button (2000s)
The Who - I Can See for Miles (1960s)
Them Crooked Vultures - Dead End Friends (2000s)
Tokio Hotel - Humanoid (2000s)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - I Need to Know (1970s)
War - Low Rider (1970s)
Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London (1970s)
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again (1980s)
Yes - Roundabout (1970s)

Nintendo DS Version
The Nintendo DS version will feature 25 songs from the main setlist above. The game will receive eight game modes (below), only 100 career goals, and ten venues. The game includes 2 GB cart size, 4k EEPROM.

Rumours
All of the points in this section should be taken with a grain of salt. None should be taken as fact.

There is a possibility that not all songs will export from Rock Band 2. There is also a possibility this applies only to the Wii, but nobody knows.

DLC will still cost $2 for all traditional charts, keys (legacy and Pro), Pro drums, and harmonies, but there might be an extra cost for Pro guitar and Pro bass.

Sources
All sources can be found in Sayburr's original thread (here (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171722)).

You can also view all of the 'Zine announcements here (http://www.rockband.com/zine/category/rb3).

Dustinator
07-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow, way to rip off Sayburr from the RB forums..........j/k :) This'll make it easier for those on this site to see some of the more up to date info for Rock Band 3. Plus, people that can't view the RB forums due to their work filter blocking it. Like me lol

mikachu93
07-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Wow, way to rip off Sayburr from the RB forums..........j/k :) This'll make it easier for those on this site to see some of the more up to date info for Rock Band 3. Plus, people that can't view the RB forums due to their work filter blocking it. Like me lol
I was hoping it would help somebody. :)

My thread doesn't go into as much detail as Sayburr's, but these are (what I think to be) the most important facts about the game.

mikachu93
08-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Updated: David Bowie's "Space Oddity" has been confirmed by John Drake of Harmonix in Game Informer's official podcast, giving more credibility to the list on RockBandAide.

CrossFireZX5
08-09-2010, 10:21 PM
The list of rumored songs should be updated because some of the tracks have been released for DLC, like 'Jesus Built my Hotrod' and I think 'Have You Ever Seen the Rain'

On a side note, I hope that rumored list is not 100% accurate, because I'd prefer a less-mellow Foo Fighters song than 'Big Me', don't get me wrong, I like the song, but I'd personally rather something from this list:
-Let It Die
-Generator
-Stacked Actors
-Resolve
-Long Road to Ruin
-Aurora
-M.I.A.
-No Way Back
-In Your Honor
-Next Year

mikachu93
08-10-2010, 02:15 AM
The list of rumored songs should be updated because some of the tracks have been released for DLC, like 'Jesus Built my Hotrod' and I think 'Have You Ever Seen the Rain'

On a side note, I hope that rumored list is not 100% accurate, because I'd prefer a less-mellow Foo Fighters song than 'Big Me', don't get me wrong, I like the song, but I'd personally rather something from this list:
-Let It Die
-Generator
-Stacked Actors
-Resolve
-Long Road to Ruin
-Aurora
-M.I.A.
-No Way Back
-In Your Honor
-Next Year
Thanks, forgot Ministry was on there. Have You Ever Seen the Rain, surprisingly, was not included in the twelve-pack.

As for a Foo Fighters song, I'd love to see another Echoes and Silence track, preferably Statues.

EDIT: Also went ahead and removed the contents of the second leaked list.

CrossFireZX5
08-11-2010, 03:16 AM
Another thing to add, I found another rumored setlist when I googled 'leaked rock band 3 setlist' A couple of similarities between the lists, although there are some inconsistancies too, like songs by an artist who already has a song on the game, Ozzy Osbourne for instance, still though there are some songs on here that I'd love to see on RB3 like:

AC/DC- Rock Ďní Roll Train
The Airborne Toxic Event- Sometime Around Midnight
Barenaked Ladies- One Week
Black Sabbath- Iron Man (Live)
Bon Jovi- Itís My Life
Cheap Trick- Surrender
Coldplay- Speed of Sound
Eagles- Life in the Fast Lane
Guns Ďní Roses- Paradise City
Kenny Loggins- Iím Alright
Led Zeppelin- Immigrant Song
Nirvana- Heart-Shaped Box
Paramore- Misery Business
Pearl Jam- Better Man
Ricky Martin- Liviní La Vida Loca
Van Halen- Panama

heres the link: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=47391.0

mikachu93
08-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Another thing to add, I found another rumored setlist when I googled 'leaked rock band 3 setlist' A couple of similarities between the lists, although there are some inconsistancies too, like songs by an artist who already has a song on the game, Ozzy Osbourne for instance, still though there are some songs on here that I'd love to see on RB3 like:

AC/DC- Rock ‘n’ Roll Train
The Airborne Toxic Event- Sometime Around Midnight
Barenaked Ladies- One Week
Black Sabbath- Iron Man (Live)
Bon Jovi- It’s My Life
Cheap Trick- Surrender
Coldplay- Speed of Sound
Eagles- Life in the Fast Lane
Guns ‘n’ Roses- Paradise City
Kenny Loggins- I’m Alright
Led Zeppelin- Immigrant Song
Nirvana- Heart-Shaped Box
Paramore- Misery Business
Pearl Jam- Better Man
Ricky Martin- Livin’ La Vida Loca
Van Halen- Panama

heres the link: http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=47391.0
Gonna have to point out a few things wrong with that list. Zeppelin, wrong Hendrix song, wrong Queen song, several live tracks (Harmonix doesn't put live tracks on-disc), Again by Flyleaf (already DLC), I Don't Wanna Stop by Ozzy (already DLC), Will Smith, and posted on April Fool's.

Dustinator
08-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Gonna have to point out a few things wrong with that list. Zeppelin, wrong Hendrix song, wrong Queen song, several live tracks (Harmonix doesn't put live tracks on-disc), Again by Flyleaf (already DLC), I Don't Wanna Stop by Ozzy (already DLC), Will Smith, and posted on April Fool's.

Agreed. Stick to the one rumored setlist lol Hopefully we'll get some more songs within the next few weeks

Der Nacho
08-12-2010, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't even mind if Bad Religion was just rumored. I just wouldn't mind any tracks of theirs for Rock Band. DLC or otherwise. 30th anniversary this year, you'd think they get some more RB attention. Or wishful thinking on my part.

Dustinator
08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't even mind if Bad Religion was just rumored. I just wouldn't mind any tracks of theirs for Rock Band. DLC or otherwise. 30th anniversary this year, you'd think they get some more RB attention. Or wishful thinking on my part.

Well, 3 weeks ago we got 2 Bad Religion tracks, "New Dark Ages" and "No Control." Now there's 4 total on the music store

Der Nacho
08-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Well, 3 weeks ago we got 2 Bad Religion tracks, "New Dark Ages" and "No Control." Now there's 4 total on the music store

Like I said, wishful thinking. I grabbed all those first chance I got. Just wanting some more. 30 years and 15 albums, lot of good song choices to be had.

Dustinator
08-13-2010, 05:52 AM
Like I said, wishful thinking. I grabbed all those first chance I got. Just wanting some more. 30 years and 15 albums, lot of good song choices to be had.

Crazy. Didn't know they've put out that many albums. At least you have some from your band. I would LOVE to have some Elvis in RB, but as time goes on I think we'll never get his music :(

Der Nacho
08-14-2010, 05:26 AM
Crazy. Didn't know they've put out that many albums. At least you have some from your band. I would LOVE to have some Elvis in RB, but as time goes on I think we'll never get his music :(

Wow, I actually feel selfish. Elvis would definitely make an awesome choice for songs. And I garantee that's because of whoever holds the rights to his songs. But yeah lets get some Elvis in there.

mikachu93
08-14-2010, 05:34 AM
And I garantee that's because of whoever holds the rights to his songs.
Or the fact that masters from the '50s are hard to come by.

Dustinator
08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Or the fact that masters from the '50s are hard to come by.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons for doubting, but even some of his newer stuff(as in late 60's to early 70's) could be in good condition. Course hmx has to talk to whoever has the rights to them first, work out a deal AND make sure the masters are in good condition. I'm not too optimistic about one of my favorite solo artists to make it into RB, but if it happens then great :) Maybe they saved the keys and harmonies for post RB3.....I can wish eh? :p

mikachu93
08-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Straight from EuroGamer, MTV, and John Drake himself, we now have ten new bands to add to the confirmed list.

Hope you enjoy Tokio Hotel, War, INXS, Roxette, ManŠ, Poni Hoax, Rammstein, HIM, Slipknot, and reggae legends Bob Marley and the Wailers!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-16-rammstein-and-bob-marley-in-rock-band-3

It's worth noting that three of the bands on EuroGamer are also found in the leaked list posted on RockBandAide. This now makes eight confirmed bands (and accurate songs) from RockBandAide, handing the leak even more credibility.

Shadowiii
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
All-Instrument mode will allow up to seven players to perform at once. Because the Xbox 360 and Wii can support only four controllers at a time, microphones will be tied to the core instruments. When playing with five to seven players, vocalists will not be scored.

Here's what I want to know: WTF is up with this? So, if I have me and all my buddies playing, singing doesn't add to the points?
I hope this was mistyped/misunderstood, because that's just retarded.

TwistedFate
08-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Here's what I want to know: WTF is up with this? So, if I have me and all my buddies playing, singing doesn't add to the points?
I hope this was mistyped/misunderstood, because that's just retarded.

This has been known for a while. As was said, because the 360 only recognizes 4 controllers, the vocals have to be assigned to existing controllers. 4 other instruments means there is no dedicated controller to track the points for the vocals. This is a hardware limitation of the 360 and Wii.

Shadowiii
08-16-2010, 08:28 PM
This has been known for a while. As was said, because the 360 only recognizes 4 controllers, the vocals have to be assigned to existing controllers. 4 other instruments means there is no dedicated controller to track the points for the vocals. This is a hardware limitation of the 360 and Wii.

Damn you Microsoft! :P

Will the PS3 also do this I wonder? I'm guessing they won't rewrite the entire software just for one system...maybe?

I didn't know points were assigned to particular controllers. I figured since it was all software-based, they could add up the points just...in-game or something. Yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

This still depresses me, mostly because I'm our band's primary singer, and now I'm useless at parties. :'(

TwistedFate
08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I didn't know points were assigned to particular controllers. I figured since it was all software-based, they could add up the points just...in-game or something. Yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

It will be the same for the PS3.

The points aren't assigned to a controller, they are assigned to a logged in GamerTag. You can't be logged in without a controller assigned, you can only have 1 GamerTag assigned per controller and only 4 controllers per XBox. The biggest problem with just dividing the vocals out with software is that you aren't using a guest tag to sing. You are using the other tags that are signed in. So you may be singing on your own mic, but you are going to be singing on the guitarists vocal channel, for example. This may be something they can fix in the future, but I doubt it.

Shadowiii
08-16-2010, 09:00 PM
It will be the same for the PS3.

The points aren't assigned to a controller, they are assigned to a logged in GamerTag. You can't be logged in without a controller assigned, you can only have 1 GamerTag assigned per controller and only 4 controllers per XBox. The biggest problem with just dividing the vocals out with software is that you aren't using a guest tag to sing. You are using the other tags that are signed in. So you may be singing on your own mic, but you are going to be singing on the guitarists vocal channel, for example. This may be something they can fix in the future, but I doubt it.

Ah, that makes sense.
The only thing I could see would be ADDING the points to the guitar's points, which would break everybody's brains. At least you can use overdrive...right? Maybe?
I'll just have to alienate some of my friends when I want to be the star singer. Here's hoping they find some workaround in the future (like, having it work for local play and not online...or something. Guess that wouldn't work either, since it auto-uploads all scores to the leaderboards).
Well, that answers that question at least. Thanks for the info.

Kellwolf9E
08-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Ah, that makes sense.
The only thing I could see would be ADDING the points to the guitar's points, which would break everybody's brains. At least you can use overdrive...right? Maybe?
I'll just have to alienate some of my friends when I want to be the star singer. Here's hoping they find some workaround in the future (like, having it work for local play and not online...or something. Guess that wouldn't work either, since it auto-uploads all scores to the leaderboards).
Well, that answers that question at least. Thanks for the info.

I don't see why overdrive wouldn't still be available since it's based off specific phrases rather than your score.

TwistedFate
08-17-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't see why overdrive wouldn't still be available since it's based off specific phrases rather than your score.

I'm getting farther into speculation here than I like, so don't quote me on this one, but I wouldn't count on vocals in this case to be any more than karaoke. If they could do OD, they could score the track. The problem is that the 360 doesn't officially recognize more than 4 players. There is no way to track players beyond 4.

Think of it like the tires on your car. Once you have 4 the 5th one is just decorative. Without redesigning the car, nothing you do with the 5th one will help in any way, since there isn't even a space for a 5th wheel, except in the trunk out of the way.

mikachu93
08-18-2010, 09:35 PM
I don't know how long this video will remain on YouTube before it's pulled (if it's pulled), but this confirms the entire Rock Band 3 setlist.

All the songs I could see that haven't already been announced are:

At the Drive-In - One Armed Scissor
Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (Live)
Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water
Dover - King George
Echo & the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
Paramore - Misery Business
The Police - Don't Stand So Close to Me
Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Riverboat Gamblers - Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead
The Sounds - Living in America
The Who - I Can See for Miles

Video: http://www.mediafire.com/?g373r2ts4ii1kp2

PaperThinWalls
08-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Good Vibrations Live? Oh darn. :(

Here's a more complete list:

Amy Winehouse - "Rehab"
At the Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
Beach Boys - "Good Vibrations (Live)"
Big Country - "In a Big Country"
Blondie - "Heart of Glass"
The Bronx - "False Alarm"
Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water"
Devo - "Whip It"
Dire Straits - "Walk of Life"
Dover - "King George"
Echo & the Bunnymen - "The Killing Moon"
Elton John - "Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)"
Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"
The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1"
Golden Earring - "Radar Love"
James Brown - "I Got You (I Feel Good)"
John Lennon - "Imagine"
Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Free Bird"
Paramore - "Misery Business"
Phish - "Llama"
The Police - "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
Pretty Girls Make Graves - "Something Bigger, Something Brighter"
Primus - "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver"
Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
The Ramones - "I Wanna Be Sedated"
The Raveonettes - "Last Dance"
Riverboat Gamblers - "Don't Bury Me... I'm Still Not Dead"
The Sounds - "Living in America"
Steve Miller Band - "Fly Like an Eagle"
Tegan and Sara - "The Con"
Warren Zevon - "Werewolves of London"
The Who - "I Can See for Miles"

Walk of Life? Imagine? I screamed like a little girl when I saw those two.

And there's still more that have yet to be discovered.

mikachu93
08-18-2010, 10:07 PM
And there's still more that have yet to be discovered.
Added them all immediately after posting the video. Just need the decades, which I'll get in a bit.

All we need now are the rest of the songs that start with A and B (video starts with The Con, under C), and we should have all of them.

EDIT: The video has been removed from YouTube, most likely due to a violation of NDA. Glad I got all the songs I could while I could.

PaperThinWalls
08-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Added them all immediately after posting the video. Just need the decades, which I'll get in a bit.

All we need now are the rest of the songs that start with A and B (video starts with The Con, under C), and we should have all of them.

EDIT: The video has been removed from YouTube, most likely due to a violation of NDA. Glad I got all the songs I could while I could.
And numbers, too. So that means 20th Century Boy, 25 or 6 to 4, Beast and the Harlot, and Caught in a Mosh fit right in there.

Hmm, I wonder how many are left now...

mikachu93
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
And numbers, too. So that means 20th Century Boy, 25 or 6 to 4, Beast and the Harlot, and Caught in a Mosh fit right in there.

Hmm, I wonder how many are left now...
Forgot numbers appear at the top. My iPod sorts 311 and 3 Doors Down to the bottom of my artist list, so I confused myself. :p

The Smiths and Blood, Sweat, and Tears are pretty much busted. It's been announced that all songs will be unlocked from the beginning, and I didn't see either band anywhere despite both of the rumoured songs beginning with S.

TwistedFate
08-18-2010, 11:42 PM
The Smiths and Blood, Sweat, and Tears are pretty much busted. It's been announced that all songs will be unlocked from the beginning, and I didn't see either band anywhere despite both of the rumoured songs beginning with S.

RockBandAide has The Smiths - Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before listed.

http://rockbandaide.com/7488/huge-rock-band-3-setlist-leak/#more-7488

mikachu93
08-18-2010, 11:59 PM

The video leaks all songs alphabetically from The Con (under C) to Werewolves in London. Granted, I wasn't looking for it very closely, but I didn't notice it under S.

TwistedFate
08-19-2010, 12:05 AM
The video leaks all songs alphabetically from The Con (under C) to Werewolves in London. Granted, I wasn't looking for it very closely, but I didn't notice it under S.

RBA got it from the same video you were watching, and I'm sure he was watching very carefully. You probably just missed it in the excitement.

mikachu93
08-19-2010, 12:11 AM
RBA got it from the same video you were watching, and I'm sure he was watching very carefully. You probably just missed it in the excitement.
Apparently so. Thanks for the catch; I thought you were referring to the leaked list before I noticed the link.

TwistedFate
08-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Apparently so. Thanks for the catch; I thought you were referring to the leaked list before I noticed the link.

heh, That's one I'm really excited for, so I made sure to look specifically for it in all the "new" lists popping up.

mikachu93
08-19-2010, 12:27 AM
heh, That's one I'm really excited for, so I made sure to look specifically for it in all the "new" lists popping up.
I don't recognize it by name; might be one of those "Ohh, that song" moments when I check YouTube. I know it's from the '80s, so I'm sure my parents have played it for me once or twice.

Tweekfu
08-19-2010, 02:22 AM

Well after looking at that list of 83 songs im happy with the set list.

There are about 20 songs i really like and cant wait to play. 25% is not a bad percentage. I haven't heard of alot of the songs so there is room to like more.

mikachu93
08-19-2010, 03:00 AM
There are about 20 songs i really like and cant wait to play. 25% is not a bad percentage. I haven't heard of alot of the songs so there is room to like more.
Right now, I'm looking at 33 songs I'm familiar with and dying to play. I previewed a lot of the songs I don't know on iTunes, and some of them sparked my interested (Rilo Kelly, Spacehog), so I'm sure to be itching to play at least 40 songs nonstop by the time I actually have the game in my hands.

Mad World
08-19-2010, 03:41 AM
While I don't recognize ALL of the bands in the basically complete rumored list, there seems to be a big lack of Harmonix bands. Anyone else thinking another free DLC pack with new copy purchase, ala RB2? Not that I'm that greedy-RB3 is packed-but I think it's realistic, no?

mikachu93
08-19-2010, 04:18 AM
While I don't recognize ALL of the bands in the basically complete rumored list, there seems to be a big lack of Harmonix bands. Anyone else thinking another free DLC pack with new copy purchase, ala RB2? Not that I'm that greedy-RB3 is packed-but I think it's realistic, no?
While I wouldn't be surprised if we got one, I'm not really expecting it either. In-house bands seem to be relying heavily on the Rock Band Network now.

Tweekfu
08-19-2010, 06:28 AM
I was thinking the achievement for playing all the free songs could have something to do with a new free pack being released with rock band 3.

CrossFireZX5
08-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Waitaminute!!! What the frig? Where's the Foos?

mikachu93
08-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Waitaminute!!! What the frig? Where's the Foos?
There are still four songs left to be announced, and two of them are probably going to be Beast and the Harlot and Caught in a Mosh (per the leak from forever ago).

I'd be willing to bet on Caravan, Rush's new single. If the last song is a Foo Fighters song, Big Me is the most likely, but I don't think we'll be seeing them.

CrossFireZX5
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
There are still four songs left to be announced
Oh really? I thought the list was complete now. Oh well, more of a chance for the inevitable Foo Fighters song to be announced.

If the last song is a Foo Fighters song, Big Me is the most likely,
I don't care what the song is, as long as there's a Foo Fighters song on disc, I'll be satisfied. if no song is there, I'll do what i swore I'd never do again, play Guitar Hero

mikachu93
08-19-2010, 09:32 PM
I don't care what the song is, as long as there's a Foo Fighters song on disc, I'll be satisfied. if no song is there, I'll do what i swore I'd never do again, play Guitar Hero
A little extreme for my tastes, but to each his own. Personally, I'm okay with the 26 or so Foo Fighters songs I already have on Rock Band.

Kellwolf9E
08-19-2010, 10:18 PM
I think we'll be getting Them Crooked Vultures rather than another Foo Fighters song. There's enough Dave Grohl on there with that and Queens of the Stone Age. As for songs I know and can't wait to play: 48 for me, and that's not counting the ones I looked up on YouTube yesterday and liked. 51 if you count the pre-order DLC from GameStop.

Inferno9000
08-20-2010, 06:04 PM
The fact that the game has Roundabout makes it the best rhythm game to date. End of discussion. Keyboard and Bass gonna be nuts

Inferno9000
08-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Beach Boys, The Who, John Lennon, AND Yes? Greatest. Rhythm. Game. Ever.

mikachu93
08-20-2010, 07:17 PM
http://vimeo.com/14293335

New video is in, straight from John Drake and a couple other devs. As I used to preach in other forums, such as the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and The Old Republic forums, nothing is official until the developers themselves say so, and the leaked video from the other day is no different. Harmonix would never be stupid enough to let an entire setlist slip by accident.

Check out the new video to catch up on their latest comment.

CrossFireZX5
08-20-2010, 08:44 PM
The video was pretty funny, but at the same time.... GOD****INGDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikachu93
08-20-2010, 08:59 PM
The video was pretty funny, but at the same time.... GOD****INGDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel no sympathy for haters of "techno garbage." Good day, sir. :)

TwistedFate
08-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I feel no sympathy for haters of "techno garbage." Good day, sir. :)

What he's hating on isn't techno, either. It's pop.

CrossFireZX5
08-20-2010, 09:21 PM
It's all the same to me- Talentless douchebags and women who only got to where they are with the help of a seduced producer and a team of geeks.

(sighs) I never thought I would say this, but Guitar Hero is the better game this year. If it wasn't for the Pro mode, I wouldn't even bother with Rock Band 3, although if they announce that the list of leaked DLC was true, and some of it is free, then I may take it back, because 'Big Me' was on that list, and even though it isn't the best Foos song, I'll take it as compensation for Harmonix's ****ed up decisions on the setlist.

My final word on the set- This setlist is the answer to the question 'You know we're getting desperate for songs when....' Seriously though, out of 83 songs, I only know 15 of them, and I only really like half of those

Dustinator
08-20-2010, 09:22 PM
http://vimeo.com/14293335

New video is in, straight from John Drake and a couple other devs. As I used to preach in other forums, such as the Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and The Old Republic forums, nothing is official until the developers themselves say so, and the leaked video from the other day is no different. Harmonix would never be stupid enough to let an entire setlist slip by accident.
Just checking, you do know hmx was joking there right? That's pretty much confirming but not saying it. In a cheeky way ;)

mikachu93
08-20-2010, 09:28 PM
It's all the same to me- Talentless douchebags and women who only got to where they are with the help of a seduced producer and a team of geeks.

(sighs) I never thought I would say this, but Guitar Hero is the better game this year. If it wasn't for the Pro mode, I wouldn't even bother with Rock Band 3, although if they announce that the list of leaked DLC was true, and some of it is free, then I may take it back, because 'Big Me' was on that list, and even though it isn't the best Foos song, I'll take it as compensation for Harmonix's ****ed up decisions on the setlist.

My final word on the set- This setlist is the answer to the question 'You know we're getting desperate for songs when....' Seriously though, out of 83 songs, I only know 15 of them, and I only really like half of those
Okay, it makes sense now. If you don't like the setlist, then it's a bad setlist and nobody should be happy with it. Gotcha.

Just checking, you do know hmx was joking there right? That's pretty much confirming but not saying it. In a cheeky way ;)
Haha, yeah, I was playin' along.

I'm glad Harmonix can find humor in their mistakes. +10 Respect Points.

TwistedFate
08-20-2010, 09:38 PM

Right, because being the second most represented band in all of Rock Band is tantamount to being completely ignored. But if your judgment of a setlist rests on whether one band makes it or not, oh well, your loss.

That's your deficiency of musical knowledge, not HMX's lack of musical taste.

Kellwolf9E
08-20-2010, 10:40 PM

Which 15? I'm with TwistedFate on this one. There's more than 15 songs in there that are pretty much staples of just being in a money making cover band.

CrossFireZX5
08-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Which 15? I'm with TwistedFate on this one. There's more than 15 songs in there that are pretty much staples of just being in a money making cover band.
The ones with the exclamation point in brackets are the ones I like

'Crazy Train' (!) My favorite song on the setlist
'Before I Forget' GH3
'Dead End Friends' (!) Its not the Foos, but it'll do I guess
'Don't Stand So Close To Me' Heard it on that one episode of Friends
'Fly Like an Eagle' Was on the Space Jam soundtrack, a movie that I loved as a kid
'Here I Go Again' (!) A common song on my local radio station
'I Love Rock'n'Roll' (!) Another common song on the radio
'I Got You' (!) James Brown ftw
'I Wanna be Sedated' Heard it on a movie
'Misery Business' (!) Brings me back to a time when my cousin and I would jokingly re-enact 9/11 with Saint's Row 2, this song would always be on when he flew the plane into a tall building. Good times
'Rock Lobster' (Thank you Family Guy)
'Smoke on the Water' For many months about a year or so ago, I was trying to figure out what song the opening of this belonged to. I inally heard it on the radio and liked the whole song
'The Power of Love' Not sure where I heard this before
'Whip It' I don't wanna know where I heard this before
'Space Oddity" Alan Wake End Credits
'Free Bird' Never actually heard the song before, but its been referenced in many tv shows and movies

PaperThinWalls
08-21-2010, 02:52 AM
^ Boy, I've never realized how low some people's music knowledge can be. Next someone is going tell me they never heard of "Happy Birthday to You."

mikachu93
08-21-2010, 03:06 AM

'Before I Forget' GH3
'Fly Like an Eagle' Was on the Space Jam soundtrack, a movie that I loved as a kid
'Misery Business' (!) Brings me back to a time when my cousin and I would jokingly re-enact 9/11 with Saint's Row 2, this song would always be on when he flew the plane into a tall building. Good times
'Smoke on the Water' For many months about a year or so ago, I was trying to figure out what song the opening of this belonged to. I inally heard it on the radio and liked the whole song
'Free Bird' Never actually heard the song before, but its been referenced in many tv shows and movies
Fail for not knowing Heart of Glass, Get Up Stand Up, Rainbow in the Dark, Cold as Ice, Low Rider, Break On Through, Crosstown Traffic, Roundabout, BoRhap, Jerry Was a Race Car Driver, or Imagine.

There is absolutely no excuse for maybe half of these songs. I don't want to hear it's because of your age or the family you grew up with. I guarantee you your parents have heard all of those songs at some point (save Jerry, which was on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater), and if you never once heard any of these songs, you have no right to comment on the setlist.

CrossFireZX5
08-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Oh Snap, I completely forgot about Bohemian Rhap.

I Probably should have mentioned that those were only the songs I knew by name, I'm sure that I know dozens more of the songs, just not by name, I'm sure that if I were to sit down and listen to some of the songs in the setlist, I'd recognize them. Hell, might even like some of them, although I'll protest against Amy Whine-house with every fiber of my being. They should have replaced that trash with something GOOD, like the Foo Fighters, AC/DC, The Guess Who, or anything else really, as long as it was true rock, which is fairly represented, I'll admit, but nowhere near where it was in the other games.

Last word, by now, I've made it clear that its not the ideal setlist (for me at least) but I never can stop respecting the Rock Band franchise because of all the good they've given me, like the Foo Fighters. Back a couple of years ago, I didn't really know who they were. Seeing 'Learn to Fly' on the setlist of Rock Band 1 stired something in my memory, but I never did find out what it was. And then, on one fateful night, while listening to a few tracks that were gonna be on Rock Band 2, I heard 'Everlong' for the first time and fell in love. Through this little story, you can probably get why I'm upset at the lack of a Foos song in RB3. Anyway, thats all I have to say on the matter.

PaperThinWalls
08-21-2010, 04:19 AM
Oh Snap, I completely forgot about Bohemian Rhap.

I Probably should have mentioned that those were only the songs I knew by name, I'm sure that I know dozens more of the songs, just not by name, I'm sure that if I were to sit down and listen to some of the songs in the setlist, I'd recognize them. Hell, might even like some of them, although I'll protest against Amy Whine-house with every fiber of my being. They should have replaced that trash with something GOOD, like the Foo Fighters, AC/DC, The Guess Who, or anything else really, as long as it was true rock, which is fairly represented, I'll admit, but nowhere near where it was in the other games.

Last word, by now, I've made it clear that its not the ideal setlist (for me at least) but I never can stop respecting the Rock Band franchise because of all the good they've given me, like the Foo Fighters. Back a couple of years ago, I didn't really know who they were. Seeing 'Learn to Fly' on the setlist of Rock Band 1 stired something in my memory, but I never did find out what it was. And then, on one fateful night, while listening to a few tracks that were gonna be on Rock Band 2, I heard 'Everlong' for the first time and fell in love. Through this little story, you can probably get why I'm upset at the lack of a Foos song in RB3. Anyway, thats all I have to say on the matter.
Yeeeah... you probably should've done that first instead of making silly comments like, "If it wasn't for the Pro mode, I wouldn't even bother with Rock Band 3..." Still pretty shocking that you don't know Break On Through (To the Other Side), Good Vibrations, and Imagine by song title, though.

Inferno9000
08-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Fail for not knowing Heart of Glass, Get Up Stand Up, Rainbow in the Dark, Cold as Ice, Low Rider, Break On Through, Crosstown Traffic, Roundabout, BoRhap, Jerry Was a Race Car Driver, or Imagine.

There is absolutely no excuse for maybe half of these songs. I don't want to hear it's because of your age or the family you grew up with. I guarantee you your parents have heard all of those songs at some point (save Jerry, which was on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater), and if you never once heard any of these songs, you have no right to comment on the setlist.

^ this. If you don't know all of the above listed songs, give or take two, then you don't deserve to have an opinion on music. The majority of these (dude, you forgot good vibrations) are staples in rock history and it's sad that games have gone on this long without them. Roundabout was what MADE progressive rock, Yes being thirty billion times better than Rush (I like both bands), and yet people don't know about them. Luckily they chose their magnum opus. Also, Imagine is probably the greatest rock ballad of all time, Break on Through being a necessary classic, Get up stand up was also a breakthrough, and seriously, who doesn't know heart of glass? And Space Oddity was also ground breaking and just an amazing song. God this setlist rocks...

EDIT: You know what, seriously fuck all of you who say this setlist is bad, regardless of musical tastes. I just looked down it again and keep picking up gems and some of the greatest songs of all time. Just noticed they had Don't Stand so Close to me and Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Freakin' love that song. Probably one of the hardest vocals song from what I see on the list. Any guesses as to hardest songs for each instrument? I will seriously bet that Roundabout will be hardest overall. Similarly to what happened with 21st Century Schizoid man, also considering the bands shared like half the musicians.

TwistedFate
08-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Any guesses as to hardest songs for each instrument? I will seriously bet that Roundabout will be hardest overall. Similarly to what happened with 21st Century Schizoid man, also considering the bands shared like half the musicians.

Phish - Llama. Top tier on all instruments. No guessing, it's been shown in videos to be top tiered.

Inferno9000
08-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Phish - Llama. Top tier on all instruments. No guessing, it's been shown in videos to be top tiered.

yeah, but what's the highest top tier song for each instrument? Does anyone have a list of the top tier songs for each instrument in order?

Inferno9000
08-22-2010, 06:05 AM
nvrmind, figured it out.

Roundabout is second hardest, probably hardest overall IMO, as I think it's like how Panic Attack > Painkiller. It's clearly hardest keyboard after listening to everything, and high up on drums.

traaped_under_ice
08-22-2010, 06:54 AM
hello
sorry if this has alredy been answered but there's just too many text and little time :S

i just have 3 questions:

1 does this game has the option to play with lets say 2 guitars at the same time (like GH 5) ?

2 i know that the new instruments are almost like the real ones, but i just want to stick with my plastic ones, i want to play the regular way like the first 2 rock bands, so my guitar from previous games will work?

3 and finally if i play like i said above with my plastic buttons pal will i get the same rock band 3 experience?

Inferno9000
08-22-2010, 06:58 AM
hello
sorry if this has alredy been answered but there's just too many text and little time :S

i just have 3 questions:

1 does this game has the option to play with lets say 2 guitars at the same time (like GH 5) ?
No.
2 i know that the new instruments are almost like the real ones, but i just want to stick with my plastic ones, i want to play the regular way like the first 2 rock bands, so my guitar from previous games will work?
Yes, they will work.
3 and finally if i play like i said above with my plastic buttons pal will i get the same rock band 3 experience?
If you play with plastic ones, you will have the same rock band experience as the previous games, just with new songs. The professional instruments are a totally new experience, you will miss out, but you will have the same one you enjoyed previously.

That should be it.

traaped_under_ice
08-22-2010, 07:19 AM
well maybe i should give those new instruments a try

thank you very much for your quick answers ^^

Kellwolf9E
08-22-2010, 10:06 PM

'Before I Forget' GH3

Okay, I think I see the problem. Put down the video games and the TV remote, and listen to radio stations and albums. Most of the ones you know are either in games or on TV shows. Some others from the set list you'll hear on any classic rock station worth it's call letters:

Chicago 25 or 6 to 4
Yes Roundabout
Def Leppard Foolin' (seriously can't believe you haven't heard this one....then again you hear one Def Leppard song, you've heard 'em all :) )
Golden Earing Radar Love
Foreigner Cold as Ice
Night Ranger Sister Christian
Queen Bohemian Rhapsody (which was in Wayne's World, too.....)
The Who I Can See For Miles
The Doors Break on Through
Warren Zevon Werewolves of London (not that bastardized Kid Rock song that uses it)
and since the 90s are now considered "classic" I'd say Stone Temple Pilots Plush

Rainbow in the Dark by Dio is a MUST KNOW. I mean, he supposedly started the whole "devil horns" hand sign. Likely, you'll have a lot of facepalm moment once the songs start up and saying "Oh, THIS song!" to yourself.

mikachu93
09-06-2010, 03:58 AM
http://rockbandaide.com/7992/john-drake-answers-your-questions-at-pax/

Because my iPod is ridiculously frustrating to the point where I want to throw it out the window, I'll update the OPs tomorrow morning.

TwistedFate
09-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Don't know if you have it yet, but GameStop has the stand alone RB3 drum kit w/ cymbals priced at $130.

mikachu93
09-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Don't know if you have it yet, but GameStop has the stand alone RB3 drum kit w/ cymbals priced at $130.
I don't think I do. Thanks for the catch; I'll add it now.

EDIT: Updated the OPs. Not a whole lot of need-to-know information in the article, but I added everything I felt completely necessary. Any suggested additions or corrections would be great.

mikachu93
09-09-2010, 02:05 AM
http://www.rockband.com/zine/rb3-features-music-library

Awesome new 'Zine. Describes the new Music Library interface.

mikachu93
09-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Bass solos are now charted and scored extra, like the guitar.

LEGO_MAN
09-30-2010, 02:07 AM
I'm trusting HMX on the setlist. I knew a quarter of RB2's songs and now I love about 80% of them. Same goes here. Know 20ish songs, probably will enjoy most of the rest. Rock Band as a whole has expanded my music taste.

I also have a question about pro-drums: if I buy the cymbal add-ons for my RB2 drum kit, can I still play pro-mode in RB3, or will I need to buy the new drum kit and the RB3 cymbals? I'm just trying to save money. ($40 vs $130)

EDIT: also, i have some questions about acheivements:

1: Will the DLC achievements ship with the game?
2: What are the spades? (Major Mileage and The Connoisseur's Connoisseur)
3: For Rock Band Master, Rock Band Legend, and Rock Band Immortal, can they be done on any instrument? Stackable?

mikachu93
09-30-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm trusting HMX on the setlist. I knew a quarter of RB2's songs and now I love about 80% of them. Same goes here. Know 20ish songs, probably will enjoy most of the rest. Rock Band as a whole has expanded my music taste.

I also have a question about pro-drums: if I buy the cymbal add-ons for my RB2 drum kit, can I still play pro-mode in RB3, or will I need to buy the new drum kit and the RB3 cymbals? I'm just trying to save money. ($40 vs $130)

EDIT: also, i have some questions about acheivements:

1: Will the DLC achievements ship with the game?
2: What are the spades? (Major Mileage and The Connoisseur's Connoisseur)
3: For Rock Band Master, Rock Band Legend, and Rock Band Immortal, can they be done on any instrument? Stackable?
All cymbal packs should work with no problem, though the Rock Band 3 cymbals are an improvement on the ones currently in stock.

I believe the answer to the achievement question is yes, but I wouldn't know specifically how it works. From what I understand, games can't surpass 1000G right out of the box, so I'm assuming the achievements won't show unless you're online and meet the requirements for at least one. I'm just pulling conclusions out of thin air, though.

About the spades, I'll just quote Sayburr:
* Complete Challenges to earn "Spades" - one for each star plus bonus opportunities
-------example: "Overdrive Overdose." Earn your bonus by deploying Overdrive as many times as possible. It doesn't matter how long each Overdrive deployment lasts - the greater the number of Overdrive deployments, the larger the bonus.
-------example: "Share the Spotlight." Band members take turns performing "in the spotlight." When you're in the spotlight, you're under pressure to achieve a note (or vocal phrase) streak. Doing so hands off the spotlight to another band member. Your bonus grows with each successful hand-off.

And finally, expect those three to be stackable, like the Endless Setlist achievements. However, you may or may not need to do all songs on one instrument for it count; as in, don't do 40 on keyboard and 43 on guitar.

LEGO_MAN
09-30-2010, 04:04 AM
All cymbal packs should work with no problem, though the Rock Band 3 cymbals are an improvement on the ones currently in stock.

Do you know if the RB3 cymbals are backwards compatible?

And thanks for the other answers.

TwistedFate
09-30-2010, 04:55 AM
I believe the answer to the achievement question is yes, but I wouldn't know specifically how it works. From what I understand, games can't surpass 1000G right out of the box, so I'm assuming the achievements won't show unless you're online and meet the requirements for at least one. I'm just pulling conclusions out of thin air, though.

Games come with 1000 out of the box (duh) then they can have up to 250 in the first quarter after release. They can have those on day 1 if they want, so expect those extra 250 to work out of the box.

Do you know if the RB3 cymbals are backwards compatible?

Yes, they work on RB2 drums. They are the same as the first cymbals, they have just been redesigned a bit for better play.

Jabberwocky CPA
10-02-2010, 06:50 AM
I did a very quick "audit" of the achievement values and there were about 380 points or so that require pro gear or DLC.

I estimated about 150 for DLC and 230 for pro instruments.

IF you subtract the ones for the pro keyboard and the free DLC achievement you end up with 245 or so points that require paid content or extra gear.

So if this is correct then 1000 is obtainable out of the box providing you got the keyboard bundle.

Just my two cents worth. I hope someone will provide a detailed breakdown at some future date. This was just a late night estimate so my math could be off. Good Night.

SebastianSB
10-02-2010, 03:02 PM
There's 250 for DLC, not 150.

PHART007
10-24-2010, 10:36 AM
HMV in the UK are offering 3 downloadable songs if you pre-order with them.

HMV Exclusive Pre-order offer - Pre-order Rockband 3 and get 3 additional downloadable songs -

Talking Heads ""Burning Down the House""
Deftones ""My Own Summer""
New Order ""Blue Monday""

(Code will be emailed on week of launch, internet connection required, while stocks last)

I take it these 3 songs will be on the music store anyway for anyone who doesn't pre-order from HMV ??

I'm sure i read somewhere a few months ago that New Order was on the RB3 disc setlist. :confused:

Dustinator
10-24-2010, 06:10 PM
I take it these 3 songs will be on the music store anyway for anyone who doesn't pre-order from HMV ??

The three pre order songs you're talking about are exclusive to those who pre order RB3. After a certain amount of time(could be 30 days could be 5 months, HMX hasn't stated), then HMX will release the songs onto the music store.

I'm sure i read somewhere a few months ago that New Order was on the RB3 disc setlist. :confused:

No New Order songs are on the RB3 disc. Check the 2nd post of this thread which has the full setlist for RB3.....The New Order song that you get when pre ordering(from Gamestop and apparently HMV), will be the first time New Order has appeared on the Rock Band platform