PDA

View Full Version : Has the egg hunt died?

Stevolutionary
07-25-2010, 05:16 PM
I seem to have been the only regular searching full time today, and after the full 8 man parties of the last few days, it's just a bit lonely.

Have we given up, or are people just enjoying the weekend?

Personally, i'm about ready to throw in the towel, and if nobody else is looking anymore, I definately will as it's no fun unless doing it as a team effort.

Polygon Pirate
07-25-2010, 05:44 PM
I'll join in if you like mate, I think i met you yesterday.

I'm about to go to bed now, finally got the 11th egg and it took me a few run throughs to get it.

I'll keep a lookout to see when your on, cheers. :)

shin mic
07-25-2010, 05:44 PM
it is weekend
i searched the hidden eggs since thursday
people need some rest
and how do we know there are any more eggs?
it could be like the seach for the needle in the hay
without the needle...

Polygon Pirate
07-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Meaning there arn't any eggs left? Probably right...

Voltage_
07-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Steve most of us are burnt out by now and plus, many people figured this was the last egg so...

lvl99link
07-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Except for the DME, we need to get under the lake.

Voltage_
07-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Yes, we can't forget about the BME.

Stevolutionary
07-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Think i'm done.

I'm positive there's more eggs, but the fact that so many searchers have cut back or dropped out, and the shitty attitudes of the people we're helping (and i'm sure those two things are related) have made me no longer care to search.

It's literally become a thankless task.

I'm taking the day off Limbo tomorrow and may not come back.

lvl99link
07-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Way to go everyone, and no one is getting any help if Konflikt3d or I find it.

Stevolutionary
07-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm just annoyed as i've spent yet another full day today looking, trying all-egg, no death runs and dying on the final damn jump, only to come here and see someone who found a difficult egg get mocked for not being 111% by someone only there due to that person's efforts, and then getting yet another shitty PM in response to saying that was out of line.

It just sucks all the life out of wanting to put any more effort in. I'm not doing it for myself (despite what everyone baselessly accuses me of) so who am I doing it for? People who bully us into releasing information by attacking us for "caring about pointless leaderboard positions" yet then come here making bragging topics about how high they are on said leaderboards once they get it?

Thankless task is thankless. I might as well just do what everyone else is doing and just sit on my ass and wait for someone else to find it.

orafalcons
07-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm with you Steve. I feel like once the hunt dies down though that Playdead will announce there's more stuff we haven't found. I sent you a friend request so next time your online we can look. I've got some suspicious locations and I've also got some news that only one other person knows.

Polygon Pirate
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
How many hidden secret eggs did you personally find Stevolutionary, just curious?

EDIT: Don't worry, just read the PM. You helped find the bubble one.

Gary200
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I bet Playdead will announce there's more stuff to be found if no one finds any more eggs. lol

Polygon Pirate
07-25-2010, 10:33 PM
I hope so!!!

:woop:

Stevolutionary
07-25-2010, 10:38 PM
How many hidden secret eggs did you personally find Stevolutionary, just curious?

Unique ones that I was first in doing so? Three (Spikes myself, O with Polloki, and Bubbles with Pumpkin) Others subsequently found them independently, but as far as I know, those discoveries were the first ones.

I also discovered another four myself with no help that were likely already found by others (last two caves, gravity, cogs) and only got assistance on the crates and the first dark cave egg.

With the crates i'd previously shot the wrong crate, so discounted it, and the cave was on my 'to explore' list, but I was still doing the 5 deaths run when given the location so hadn't gone back to it yet. Soon as I knew the first one, I found the next two within 10 minutes.

As for the buzzsaw, I had the solution, but Polloki pipped me to it in the party before I could test my theory, so it's a marginal case. Either way, Jimmywoods already had it, so it turned out, so that one's a bit of help, bit of (late) self find.

So essentially, the crates egg is the only one I probably wouldn't have eventually found by myself at some point after weeks of looking, but I was close before, and who knows? I may have at some point tried again. The 0 death run is something i'd have done purely as a personal challenge at some point anyway, so would have got that egg eventually too.

Polygon Pirate
07-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Well done!

You'll be disappointed if there are no more then. Wonder if PlayDead will let everyone know one way or the other if no more eggs are found?

Probably let everyone stew for a little while...

LOL.

Stevolutionary
07-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Well done!

You'll be disappointed if there are no more then. Wonder if PlayDead will let everyone know one way or the other if no more eggs are found?

Probably let everyone stew for a little while...

LOL.

No, i'll be relieved. It was fun at first, but now i'm just finding it really stressful and political. I'm having trouble quitting though as i've already invested too much time and effort to give up, and don't want to let the side down by abandoning those still looking.

There's definately at least 1 more egg, and I hope it only is 1, then I can retire. I'm taking tomorrow off, and may come back to it Tuesday if nobody's found it by then.

KONFLiCT3D
07-25-2010, 11:20 PM
Way to go everyone, and no one is getting any help if Konflikt3d or I find it. that is besides the select few like steve pelloki jimmy the germans and pumpkinking cuz he deserves it all of these people here have been great help with this game and deserve info if myself or anyone finds any info on a 12th egg. just keep that in mind

Hige99
07-26-2010, 12:11 AM
It just sucks all the life out of wanting to put any more effort in. I'm not doing it for myself (despite what everyone baselessly accuses me of) so who am I doing it for? People who bully us into releasing information by attacking us for "caring about pointless leaderboard positions" yet then come here making bragging topics about how high they are on said leaderboards once they get it?

Thankless task is thankless. I might as well just do what everyone else is doing and just sit on my ass and wait for someone else to find it.

Please stop acting like a victim, Steve. I've been following the egg hunt since the original thread and the community as a whole has been despicable in their actions. From the bragging of the top 10 to the hostility of people wanting to know the locations, the whole thing was a mess.

I'm also tired of seeing what scapegoat you find to pass the blame on to without a solid reason. Example: The Pink Pwner for revealing a location she found herself, accusing LostSQ of being a "moocher" when I'm pretty sure he had around 104-105% along with the top ranking people at the time, before certain locations were public. Also, the idea that you and the top 10 were the only ones looking for eggs and doing all the hard work is nothing short of pretentious.

I spent countless hours hunting for eggs myself when I was not working, but I never had the luxury of being in this secret society of egg hunting parties with the top 10 drowning in their own greed for leaderboard positions in a video game. I'm sure plenty of other people spent many hours of their own time as well in this hunt. But no, there you are to assert on the forums that everyone is being a moocher and waiting for locations to be revealed.

I don't know why I typed all this since I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. I understand my tone in this post does not come across as reasonable as I would like, but I guess I'm at my wit's end seeing what could have been a great community burn to the ground.

Heretic Dean
07-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Wow, someone give this guy a medal for that post.

KONFLiCT3D
07-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Steve bro we need to do another search tomorow maybe u me and jimmy can get some ideas together that we might have. i dont think we should quit until playdead announces that we have them all!!! WEEKENDS OVER GUYS TIME FOR SOME MORE REAL WORK.

NME
07-26-2010, 02:44 AM
Wow, and with 112 just found. Good hunting, gents.

The Pink Pwner
07-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Wow, and with 112 just found. Good hunting, gents.

Notice, that's the only game the guy has ever played.

Stevolutionary
07-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Makes me 99% sure he's a hacker - but this is why we wanted spare eggs to trade anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!