PDA

View Full Version : Game Info

L3giOn
04-19-2007, 08:23 PM
The Star Wars saga continues this November in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, a videogame developed by LucasArts, which casts players as Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice" and promises to unveil new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy. The expansive story, created under direction from George Lucas, is set during the largely unexplored era between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. In it, players will assist the iconic villain in his quest to rid the universe of Jedi - and face decisions that could change the course of their destiny.
As its name implies, The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force by taking full advantage of newly developed technologies that will be seen and experienced for the first time: Digital Molecular Matter (DMM), by Pixelux Entertainment, and euphoria by NaturalMotion Ltd. Paired with the powerful Havok Physics system, these new technologies create gameplay only possible on the new generation of consoles. DMM incorporates the physical properties of anything in the environment so that everything reacts exactly like it should - wood breaks like wood, glass shatters like glass, plants on the planet Felucia bend like plants on the planet Felucia would, and more. Meanwhile, as a revolutionary behavioral-simulation engine, euphoria enables interactive characters to move, act and even think like actual human beings, adapting their behavior on the fly and resulting in a different payoff every single time.
Features

During the period between Episodes III and IV, players hunt Jedi in the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice.
Unleash and upgrade the Secret Apprentice's four core Force powers - Force push, grip, repulse and lightning - throughout the course of the game, and combine them for ultra-destructive, never-before-seen combos.
Examples of unleashing the Force in ways never thought possible:
o The Secret Apprentice won't just Force push enemies into walls - he'll Force push enemies through walls.
o The Secret Apprentice won't just Force grip foes to throw them aside - he'll Force grip them in midair, zap them with lightning, then drop them to the ground to explode like a bomb.
In addition to new adversaries created just for the game, such as fugitive Jedi and Force-sensitive Felucians, players will also confront and associate with familiar faces from the Star Wars films, including Darth Vader.

CLAPSTER
10-19-2007, 08:42 PM
You forgot to say you choose your path to become a dark jedi or a jedi

koosbane
01-14-2008, 11:17 PM

Is that true can you actually do that?

Spardan
03-17-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't see that as a option personally
I mean he couldn't just say to vader "im going to be a jedi as i don't like being a sith
Thanks for the training and everything see ya later vader :)"

Maybe a as a plot twist halfway thorough but i guess it would have to be careful to keep the story inline

CLAPSTER
03-17-2008, 03:55 AM
I remember reading that depending on your options throughout the game the story will change.

DreadfulCorpse
03-20-2008, 03:47 AM
Lots of mixed opinions about this game.

MCSS Aerocoupe
03-20-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't see that as a option personally
I mean he couldn't just say to vader "im going to be a jedi as i don't like being a sith
Thanks for the training and everything see ya later vader :)"

Maybe a as a plot twist halfway thorough but i guess it would have to be careful to keep the story inline

Actually, from what I have read, it is possible; in fact almost guaranteed. I hesitate to say what it is, only due to the fact it would be a plot/story spoiler.

Unless I can find a way to make the text blend in with the background (so people have to highlight it to read it), I will only say this: read the information on the official game site, then go to your local Wal-Mart/Target/etc. toy section and look at the Evolutions set for the Secret Apprentice. If you catch the right parts, you should be able to figure it out. There is a 3rd part to the puzzle, but I forget where I read it, maybe on starwars.com?

Either way, the apprentice probably has to die before Episode 4 begins, to keep existing stories in tune. Otherwise, why was there no mention of him during the movies? I.E. "Luke, I am your father. Join us and together we will over throw the Emperor and rule the galaxy as father, son, and apprentice."

MCSS Aerocoupe
04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Three clues to the answer. Each spoiler below is a clue.

Read the description on this page: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3060685#prod_prodinfo "The son of a fallen Jedi is abducted by Vader"

Character BIOs: "...Apprentice is now ready to...hunt down a rogue Jedi..." & "Mace decided to bring Kota back to...hone his powers...Few in the Order bonded with the gruff Kota"

The Force Unleashed will have an 'I am your father' moment

My personal speculation/conclusion:
Part 1:
Why does it matter that the apprentice is the son of a Jedi, unless you meet your parent in the game? Does "fallen" here mean dead, missing, or just left the Jedi Order? Maybe the apprentice's parent is believed to be dead, but is still alive. We all know Jedi are not allowed to have relationships or to have children. Vader obviously isn't the apprentice's father (too young and Padme would have to be the mother). Like Vader, Kota was not raised by the Jedi; he could have had a child before joining the Jedi, or secretly broke Jedi rules like Vader.

Part 2:
And if Kota is the apprentice's father, that would cause the "I am your father" moment when the apprentice is sent to eliminate Kota. As the apprentice, you would then have to choose between carrying out orders or joining your dad. That choice decides if you become a true Sith or turn and become a Jedi. If you carry out the orders, you and Vader probably try to take on the Emperor at the end of the game; if you join your dad, you and Kota fight Vader at the end of the game. Either way, you will probably lose in order to keep the story in tact since this is the official bridge to Episode IV. Then again, it could be a draw so you can escape (if you fight Vader), I doubt a draw between the Emperor and Vader would lead to them being on the same side again by Episode V.

Well, there's the 3 clues I have and how I interpret them.

CORPSE CRISIS
04-09-2008, 02:14 PM
sounds like a pretty sweet game

jxspyder
04-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Can't wait, it's going to be so awesome.

Gorjira
06-05-2008, 04:10 PM

You can not do that. You must have read that at the end you get a choice to redeem yourself, its in a webdoc somewhere on youtube.

ensabahnur
06-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Honestly, either way the game is gonna be great, we can speculate all we want but until it happens.....

CLAPSTER
06-15-2008, 04:43 AM
You can not do that. You must have read that at the end you get a choice to redeem yourself, its in a webdoc somewhere on youtube.

I meant decisions throughout the game, influence the story.

SoaringEagle
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
i cant wait for this game and Quantum of Solace.

they should b sick

IMAMEX
08-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow I read those spoilers even though I didn't want to. Should be a mindblowing experience either way. God I'm such a fucking nerd. Anyway, does anyone know if there's going to be any incarnation of a multiplayer mode? I checked a couple of places and none are too specific about it.

MegaMckenzie
08-28-2008, 10:04 PM
can't wait for this

BEVS ALMIGHTY
09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
i have seen the demo of this game and it looks pretty good i may buy it:woop::woop::woop:

n1n3t33nd3lta
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Can't wait for this game. This is the first time in a while I've been excited about an upcoming game. Well, a couple of games actually, but this is on my 'must buy' list.

happy42gilmore
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
the game looks pretty bomb.. only like 2 more days till it comes out

AwoL DudE
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM
played the demo about 6 times...
it rocks like a Wookie on acid
can't fookin wait 4 this game!!!!!!!

SPARTANJEDI
01-30-2009, 09:19 PM
great game

Barad
05-28-2009, 05:30 PM
looks like a pretty fun game but probably nothing more than that unfortunately..:(

FtMyersGamer
05-10-2010, 04:15 AM
I just want to say that as a Star Wars fan, I am severely disappointed that this game carries that name. There are no choices, no freedom, no light or dark side. Just a generic shooter with a generic hollywood story about a kid who magically masters the Force without taking in any of the philosophy, falls in love, saves the world, blah blah blah. Obviously written by a corporate drone who's never even seen the damn movies, let alone dug into the rich universe behind it.

1 star for wasting my time and money.

Achilles10Troy
05-26-2010, 06:38 AM
I loved the demo for this game I must buy it

viperseed
08-22-2010, 10:28 AM
My brother just game me this game. Seems like a lot of mixed opinions here. Either way, I'm diving in head first.:)

Megas Elekmatos
09-30-2010, 12:45 PM
This game was pure awesome. Can't wait for SWTFU 2