PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Deadline... how bad is it?

Molly
07-25-2010, 11:22 PM
So this will be next achievement for this game, and I just want to know.. how bad is it? Were most people able to do it in one go? Any pointers?

xX Mystic Xx
07-25-2010, 11:31 PM
I did it in my nightmare playthrough so...how bad can it be?
Simply avoid fights and run as fast as you can instead.

TheEighthSage
07-26-2010, 02:09 AM
I did it fairly easily. Then again, I did it on normal. The best advice is to run like crazy and don't forget to use them Flashbangs to avoid a fight. Just run, throw, and run some more, let the Flashbang do the work for you. As long as you don't dawdle too long anywhere, you should be fine :D

Gunless Wonder, on the other hand...xD

Xenolith666
07-26-2010, 07:18 AM
I did it on normal on my first try (after I beat the game that is). The timer starts after the cut scene and the phone call. After that run lots. For the part where you have to power down the generator to get past the electrified fence.. use the car to kill the taken, power the gene down, then use the car to race back.. after that it's just running from checkpoint to checkpoint.

BosmaniaK
07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
it's not hard but don't underestimate it. you need to be as fast as you can. definitly don't get out of your way for ammo and stuff

ArcaneFallout
07-27-2010, 05:03 AM
EighthSage is right. Just be sure to keep your finger on that RB button, and haul ass the entire way through. Try to avoid straying off the beaten path, and you should be good. It took me two tries, I just went with a video walkthrough on one part, and I was more or less set.

I was planning to do it on my Nightmare run, but I was replaying for a better story understanding and I saw it under the achievement list, and went for it.

Molly
07-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the pointers! Just a few more questions... what if I die? Should I just restart it? What about pausing the game? And when does the achievement pop up?

EDIT: Never mind! Just got it! :)

TheEighthSage
07-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Dying doesn't affect it, as you can simply reload from your last checkpoint. Pausing the game, I don't think that affects it, but it might, so I'd avoid doing too much of that. As for when it unlocks...it's pretty much right as you meet up with the "kidnapper" for the second time. So like...a minute or two before the end of the episode. Keep in mind that it doesn't actually start until after you get the call in the Coal Mine Museum.

Molly
07-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Did it! Just in case anyone else is wondering, dying is fine and you can pause it- I did it and still got it. Also, it popped up for me as I was going down the hill to meet the kidnapper right after you jump down from the stone building.